Hayashi: "It’s not about just going back and trying to make it easy for casual players..."

An interview with Hayashi has recently been posted on VentureBeat. In the article, Hayashi talks about the DOA5 and NG3 stories, DLC expectations, pushing the genre forward, and dealing with the idea of a crossover series with Tekken.

VentureBeat said:
Team Ninja studio head talks DLC costumes and Tekken vs. Dead or Alive
December 9, 2011 | Sebastian Haley

ayane-closeup-e1323392072135.jpg

Team Ninja, an in-house development studio owned by Tecmo Koei, is best known for its work on the Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden franchises. The last major entry in the Dead or Alive fighting game series, Dead or Alive 4, was released one month after the launch of the Xbox 360 in late 2005. Since then, Team Ninja has focused on ports, such as Dead or Alive Dimensions for the Nintendo 3DS, Ninja Gaiden sequels for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and even brought their unique style to Nintendo’s Metroid: Other M, to mixed results. Now, with notorious figurehead Tomonobu Itagaki having left the company amid sexual misconduct allegations and a well-publicized lawsuit, Yosuke Hayashi has taken over as studio head and is charging into 2012 at full-speed with Ninja Gaiden 3 and Dead or Alive 5.

Check out the full two-page article here.

Happy to see his point of view about DLC as well. Hopefully, we won't be seeing mandatory school costumes as DLC any time soon.

I like at the end it say NG will be released in March with DOA5 coming out a few months later. That could be 5-8 months from now. With the game being 15% at this point It will be hard unless the plan on using 4.1 as its base :confused:

I really can't see the game releasing that early. I don't know. An early 2013 release is more realistic and ideal to me.

I truly hope so as well. Now thought i reread it that last line maybe thats the writer putting that in

Itagaki might have left, but the hatred for Tekken is still around in the team [laughter].

I don't know why is that since Harada is such a nice guy. Met the guy in person. Great guy, I'd buy him a drink the next time I see him.

I'm willing to bet they'll put a dynasty warrior character as a special character. Maybe they'll even put in console specific characters.

I think DOATEC should resurrect Lu Bu as the boss of DOA5 :). God help us all.

Shimbori is the guy on the team I could honestly see myself having a drink with lol. He's just awesome to talk to.

yea traditionally they throw him at you really early in the game, like the second stage, and then he just disappears for the rest of it.

It's kind of like making a newbie fight the chinese version of chuck norris.

Okay, so he just doesn't want to get that phone call then. I haven't met him in person, you guys have, so you know what he's like. Hell if that's the case, I'm expecting mishimas with 6 frame launchers in the next two years and wrestlers with long ass inputs with P and K incorporated, like rolling death cradle being a hcb+P+G, hcf+P+K, P+G and full circles while the whole thing is being done to prolong it. Hell I want robots fighting ninjas.

In the original Chinese lore, Lu Bu was a general who survived so many battles that they literally thought he was a god who couldn't be killed. The mere presence of him on the battlefield would shoot the opposing troops' morale down so hard it'd practically be over.

Just as a general overview. Would be neat to see a reincarnated Lu Bu I think.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD