DOA5LR Helena in DOA5: Last Round

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
This is really great work! Ah... In this case, it would behoove me to start using 236P+K more. Hence... even on block the move is safe and Helena is in Bokuko.
The message presented in the last few posts highlights how Helena to retain pressure while remaining (relatively) safe. I saw @Project Bokuho streaming earlier for the sake of continuity. He wants to stop people from going for any sort of offense. He also wants the damage off of the stun game. I recently started using BKO 4P+K because of the range and the annoying crush properties on start up. BKO by itself seems to do a lot of things at once, especially if you (nigh) instantaneously use certain moves from within the stance, such as BKO 2K or BKO 4P+K for example...
And, I did not know about BKO 66P outright crushing lows at all...

Tempest

@E-Mann @Pictured Mind @ninjaguy446 @GreatDarkHero

I found some decent stuff for Helena that crushes and evades low strikes (it was a pain testing against all characters lol).

After :236::P+K: (to BKO) being blocked by opponent
- BKO :6::P: crushes all low strikes and crouching throws
- BKO :6::6::P: (Buffering only; you must input during :236::P+K:'s second or third handslap!) crushes all low strikes (except vs Kasumi's :2::P:, Alpha-152 :2::P:, Ayane's :2::P:, all VF's :2::P:/Akira's :2::K:, Phase-4's :2::P: and Momiji's :2::P:) (Inconsistent vs Raidou's and Marie Rose's :2::P:) and crouching throws (Inconsistent vs Genfu's :2::F+P:), causes a knockdown.
- BKO :H+K: evades all low punches crouching throws:
  • Crushes :2::K:s and launches all characters (except Kasumi, Mila, Helena, Kokoro, Christie, Eliot, Tina, Akira, Sarah, Leifang, Pai, Phase-4, Marie Rose, Momiji, Genfu, Rachel and Honoka)
  • Crushes :2::K:s and causes a lift stun (only vs Kasumi, Mila, Helena, Kokoro, Christie, Eliot, Leifang, Phase-4, Marie Rose, Momiji, Genfu, Rachel)
  • Only evades :2::K: (only vs Tina, Akira, Sarah, Pai and Honoka)
I don't think BKO :6::P: is a crush, it's just beating out slower moves because of the frame advantage. Same with :6::6::P:. Both will beat out :2::P: if they land on the same frame because they'll do more damage. :h::+::K: is a high crush, but it would be a pretty risky read due to how slow it is and if it gets beaten out you'll be hit for high counter. This stuff could be pretty cool if there was a reliable way to land :236::P+K:

Yurlungur

Ok, i have an important question
Lately i've noticed that after i do :214:+:h:+:P:, :6:+:P::P::P: my last hit is getting held is this suppose to happen???????

DR2K

The last hit isn't guaranteed IIRC.

I think it's guaranteed if you don't delay the string at all. But you never want to finish it since the 2nd p leaves you at more advantage and closer.

I know bko 6ppk is guaranteed on a wall. Which gives a wall splat.

Yurlungur

I think it's guaranteed if you don't delay the string at all. But you never want to finish it since the 2nd p leaves you at more advantage and closer.

I know bko 6ppk is guaranteed on a wall. Which gives a wall splat.

6p4pp, 6p4pp is better at a wall, also the reason why you sometimes want to finish it is because they're put into a force tech scenario with 66k

DR2K

6p4pp, 6p4pp is better at a wall, also the reason why you sometimes want to finish it is because they're put into a force tech scenario with 66k

6p4pp does more damage on a wall and is guaranteed?

Did not know about the force tech from that. Neat.

Yurlungur

6p4pp does more damage on a wall and is guaranteed?

Did not know about the force tech from that. Neat.

yes, flappy hands does a lot of damage at a wall (well i know it as a really basic wall bnb i'm sure there's like a lot more ones that do a lot more damage)

Zack117

Standard Donor
Regarding the force tech. Do you mean 66k out of her normal stance? I wonder how that should work after 6p4pp as it leaves you in BKO.

btw I'm using 6p4pp, BKO P+K, 4P+K, 4PPP as an ender. That's currently the maximum wall damage I know of after her 214T.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD