DOA5 HELP WITH COUNTER HOLDS

launcherninja36

I'm still having a problem on trying to grab an attack, I honestly don't pay attention to what kind of attack the opponent is going to land.

So if the opponent goes for a high strike, I hold as a mid strike, but I still give damage to them.

Anyone have any strategies that could help other than practicing because I do that all the time and it still is hard afterwards.

Allan Paris

I'm still having a problem on trying to grab an attack, I honestly don't pay attention to what kind of attack the opponent is going to land.

So if the opponent goes for a high strike, I hold as a mid strike, but I still give damage to them.

Anyone have any strategies that could help other than practicing because I do that all the time and it still is hard afterwards.

You are obviously guessing at the correct Hold if you dealing damage when you think you are getting the wrong Hold to come out. Depending on what you use for a controller you may be getting inputs out of panic that you didn't think you did.

You should start paying attention to the attacks that you are blocking or being hit with. It would really help with your confusion on what to Hold from the characters you are facing.

That is the only help that can be given to you, practice. Unless you are willing to find a player that will sit for countless hours and give strings with you and tell you what hit level they are. You could do trial and error, but you would need to pay attention to attacks for this method to work. I honestly do know how to help you besides telling you to practice and pay attention to attacks.

I can link you to these videos because if this is problem I am sure there are many more you are having. Good Luck: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWPOZNFdKVXtzcYAGX1jaAzJQ0uptdZ_F

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD