Community Helpful Character Expert List

Argentus

Coming to this thread requesting some help with Leon. Any active Leon players willing to help? I picked him up not too long ago, and got bnb stuff down, but problem remains when dealingwith faster characters or characters with good spacing. Not sure what to do in neutral game mostly been using 66p.
Personally I focus a lot on lows and overheads like his double sweep kicks, plus 4hk to poke. And pp2k. That and holds and guard breaks to position them on the ground, for his beat down, or against walls/over water for his 6T. That and bait holds for his 426T

Dark-truth

Coming to this thread requesting some help with Leon. Any active Leon players willing to help? I picked him up not too long ago, and got bnb stuff down, but problem remains when dealingwith faster characters or characters with good spacing. Not sure what to do in neutral game mostly been using 66p.
Don't worry when you fight faster characters just be more patient and wait until you have a chance to attack ik this isn't really helpful but i wanted to try

Jefffcore

You can add me on PSN if you have a Ps4. Same name as here.

Up close Leon loses to 11i mids, so you have to make the reads and hold them. Anything slower though you can use jab strings. You really need to use jabs.

To deal with jabs you have 33p and 2p.

Then for lows you have 3p, 6k, 6p, or 33p depending on the speed.

Most won't start with lows, but if you're playing someone like Ayane, her 2p will beat everything you do. You really need to know your match-ups.

3k, 8k, 46p, and jabs are his best spacing tools IMO.

Last edited:

Gurimmjaw

Personally I focus a lot on lows and overheads like his double sweep kicks, plus 4hk to poke. And pp2k. That and holds and guard breaks to position them on the ground, for his beat down, or against walls/over water for his 6T. That and bait holds for his 426T

yeah for most part with Leon I been looking for them to hold and punish with his 41236 grab. Sometimes with his command one too. Right now I been mostly relying on his 66p and 4p. In stun I go for stuff like h+k and p6p and see their reaction usually will involve doing the throw when they hold or 4k andfollow up with 2t.

Leon is really fun no doubt about it, but can be quite difficult against faster characters especially sarah since a lot of her moves on block give frame advantage.

Don't worry when you fight faster characters just be more patient and wait until you have a chance to attack ik this isn't really helpful but i wanted to try

I still thank you for that, I been trying to be patient though the character im not use to like my main Jann Lee so im use to a character that fast.

You can add me on PSN if you have a Ps4. Same name as here.

Up close Leon loses to 11i mids, so you have to make the reads and hold them. Anything slower though you can use jab strings. You really need to use jabs.

To deal with jabs you have 33p and 2p.

Then for lows you have 3p, 6k, 6p, or 33p depending on the speed.

Most won't start with lows, but if you're playing someone like Ayane, her 2p will beat everything you do. You really need to know your match-ups.

3k, 8k, 46p, and jabs are his best spacing tools IMO.

Yeah man, I am on PS4. I will send you a friend request when I get on. My PSN same as here too.

For spacing I figured 46p would be one but what about 236p and 66k? I know that 236p is I believe -1 on block and 66k unsafe. 66k seems to have decent range.

Argentus

yeah for most part with Leon I been looking for them to hold and punish with his 41236 grab. Sometimes with his command one too. Right now I been mostly relying on his 66p and 4p. In stun I go for stuff like h+k and p6p and see their reaction usually will involve doing the throw when they hold or 4k andfollow up with 2t.

Leon is really fun no doubt about it, but can be quite difficult against faster characters especially sarah since a lot of her moves on block give frame advantage.

I still thank you for that, I been trying to be patient though the character im not use to like my main Jann Lee so im use to a character that fast.

Yeah man, I am on PS4. I will send you a friend request when I get on. My PSN same as here too.

For spacing I figured 46p would be one but what about 236p and 66k? I know that 236p is I believe -1 on block and 66k unsafe. 66k seems to have decent range.

Yeah in cases like Sarah switch to relying on mixup and holds (lots of low attacks), you can't let her get steam. Leon can just slam opponents right out of their offense with his crushes

Dark-truth

np

Jefffcore

They have good range, but the start up is so slow it's harder to time them for the whiff punish. What you get when they hit isn't all that great IMO, either. If you have no problem timing them, and you like them, then go for it. I'd play around with his other options before making that decision though.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Have you actually been playing DOA5, though? Because the character is actually very different than she is in other titles.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD