DOA5LR Here Come Balance Adjustments

Today our community manager, Matt Ponton got to play some Last Round complements of Shack News. Thanks Shack News for displaying our game on many different occasions even if I wasn't too thrilled about some of the casual inaccuracies tossed left and right from a creepy guy that said rectum like literally 1,000 times during the stream.

We now have some balance adjustments, and while some of them are mentioned in the forum, I'm sure there are some that haven't been discovered in the video. The command training can also confirm that there are definitely some new moves in the game, which was actually kinda starting to worry me.

You can watch the stream in their archives here. Be sure to post any changes you may have found, and thanks again Shack News.

Momiji's command training showed 79 moves instead of 72, so I got my hopes up... but then we realized her BT moves were missing in 5U. At least her Izuna got simplified.

Too bad that 3P-(PPP)4P string that was in her debut video didn't make it into the game.

Thanks again to Mr. Wah and Shack News for doing this demonstration. I enjoyed the stream and liked how Mr. Wah explained DOA to Sammy. A shame that not everything could've gotten checked, but he did go over a fair bit nonetheless. Naturally Bass was the most recurring character lol. Seriously, more people need to use the big guy!

Thanks again to Mr. Wah and Shack News for doing this demonstration. I enjoyed the stream and liked how Mr. Wah explained DOA to Sammy. A shame that not everything could've gotten checked, but he did go over a fair bit nonetheless. Naturally Bass was the most recurring character lol. Seriously, more people need to use the big guy!

If kasumi is a speedy PT Boat, Bass is a battleship. Battleships have power, but they don't hit PT boats online. I just wanna know who the aircraft carrier is. Honoka seems to fit, except she moves too fast.

EDIT: Maybe Eliot. He's slow, could have cool tools, but if they don't get deployed he's absolutely worthless.

The only thing I noticed that was new was a new move for Ein. Looks like he now has a proper 1P high crush. He REALLY needed that badly.

Looks just like hitomi's, but is a little slower at i16 frames. Can't wait to see what else they may have added.

Now, where are all the buffs for Hitomi?? :)

This wasn't the final build, so hopefully we'll have new stuff.
But I guess they will keep some new moves for DOA6, which is normal.

You should have showed up in your bass cosplay and confused the crap out everyone
Considered it but too much work. Maybe for another one. I'd woulda had to drive for 3 hours in that costume, plus had errands and such before I went on the drive that woulda been more awkward and humorous to be in costume at.

What I'm really curious about, is how "final" this build was. I know it wasn't the final build, but I wonder if the real one on February 13th will bring new moves for Honoka, more balance changes, more casual stuff, modes, etc.

So yeah, my real question is : does TN still have things (casual/technical) in store until the release ?

The recording just says "Loading Video.." :(. I'm a Narcissist so obviously i just want to rewatch it to see how I came off on stream lol.

*Dusty voice*
Don't worry, bebeh, you came off like a million dollars.
*Dusty voice*

Not only it would be informative, but I also think it would be a really cool idea if you did a stream explaining the game and playing it starting from general topics and later move onto specifics.

*Dusty voice*
*Dusty voice*

Not only it would be informative. Also I think it would be a really cool idea if you did a stream explaining the game and playing it starting from general things and later move onto specifics.

Agree. Yesterday it was really fun and informative to see you explaining things -even basic stuff- to Sammy. That's something I'd definitely like to see.

*Dusty voice*
*Dusty voice*

Not only it would be informative, but I also think it would be a really cool idea if you did a stream explaining the game and playing it starting from general topics and later move onto specifics.

Apparently it's my laptop, won't play Twitch. PC plays fine though so yeah.

And there are already videos in the works by other people to do similar.

For me, I was thinking of recapping my favorite matches of mine and going over what I was thinking while playing in those instances. like a play-by-play of my thought process.

What I'm really curious about, is how "final" this build was. I know it wasn't the final build, but I wonder if the real one on February 13th will bring new moves for Honoka, more balance changes, more casual stuff, modes, etc.

So yeah, my real question is : does TN still have things (casual/technical) in store until the release ?

It just dawned on me when you said that... It'll be released on a Friday.
Apparently it's my laptop, won't play Twitch. PC plays fine though so yeah.

And there are already videos in the works by other people to do similar.

For me, I was thinking of recapping my favorite matches of mine and going over what I was thinking while playing in those instances. like a play-by-play of my thought process.

Netbook like the thing i'm stuck on right now?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD