here's my gameplay show me what's good and bad

darksageoflight

hello guys I'm goingto start posting my game play here i need to see what I'm doing right and wrong thanks

here's two fights

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
What is great about Brad is that you don't need to follow a script on what to do next. His mix ups are what make him formidable. Next time I see you online or you see me, we'll try to lobby up. Only initial comments are to try to reel him in command wise. He seems to get a little squirrely on you. The other thing is start to learn his advantages and juggles. More so his advantages first. Knowing what you can guarantee and gamble with is all part of the dance.

HoodsXx

I didn't see a problem with the Kokoro fight, on DZ. So that match was fine. As for the Honoka fight, I noticed that while he was spacing you out, you had a hard time throwing out a move to try and make sure he has a difficult time running in on you. Brad has quite a few options available to him that are good. 6P (Moves him forward and stop run up throw pretty consistently), 44K (Probably his best keep out move imo), 7K (Another great keep out move), and lastly 2H+K (Very good low that does a good chunk of chip damage as well gives you some frame advantage to catch people trying to back dash away after the initial stun). The blocking from you was solid, just obviously don't forget to throw punish as that can definitely cost you rounds if you're not careful.

You play a very simplistic style of Brad which is good, and I quite liked what I saw from him. On block during certain instances during the match though, try to be more safe on wait on the opponents approaches on what they will do. Quick example would be if I say did 3K on block, Brad has multiple options off of just that one move that usually you can either string delay into other moves, or just 3K into block and see what their tendencies are then play off of that. Brad is a very reactionary styled character in that because he's slower than a majority of the cast, he has to react a lot more to pressure situations, than counter poking in-between strings since he cannot do that due to his speed.

All in all, your Brad is looking pretty decent and I like what I see. Keep it up. :)

NanhouDrops

WAZAAAAA

1:39 > 1:46 of the Honoka video, lmao

I think you're doing fine, maybe you've missed some throw punish opportunities but you use brad anyway so it's not like you have to care just keep striking lolol

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor

So what went wrong here ? I felt like throwing my controller after that fight
Wazaa hit the first item on the head. You're not blocking. You're happy on the buttons, even at the range where you know your attack is not going to land. Hayate is the best at medium to long range to open you up. You HAVE to make him come to you. Personally, I find it to be one of Brad's hardest match ups. Here are my suggestions:

1. Block more. Especially when he is at range. Try to get a reading on his patterns.
2. If you're going to lie down against him at range, do it head facing forward. This way, if he comes at you with the jumping mid kick to low sweep, you can roll out of the way of the first attack and parry the second. Now you'll be at neutral with him right in front of you.
3. If he is at mid range, poke at him with K or KK. It's Brad's fastest poke at range and it can start his stun game.

darksageoflight

I guess Im a little rusty haven't played in months lol and I have trouble with reading attacks and if it's high low ect. Any advice

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I guess Im a little rusty haven't played in months lol and I have trouble with reading attacks and if it's high low ect. Any advice
Go through the command training of the opponent you have trouble against. You can see the height of each attack in the command training by the little triangle that is over layed on the P, K, T, or H button. If the triangle is pointed up, it's a high strike. Pointing right, it's a mid. Pointing down, it's a low. It should help your recognition of the string.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD