Hitbox controllers

Should Hitboxes be allowed for DOA tournaments?

• Total voters

Madian

"But the poll", It's not my topic. I said Hitboxes aren't the problem, but the rsb is. So were on the same page, i still voted no because until it is fixed, or whether it's fixed or not could really change things. The hit box doesn't look so efficient anyway... way too many face buttons imo... but idk maybe other people find it useful, and I won't knock it til I try it.

Yeah I think you and I are on the same page. To understand the hitbox you have to understand PC gamers. I played Quake-style games on the PC for years before I came back to fighting games. To me having a keyboard style controller just feels natural. I know other hitbox users with their reasons

d3v

Y'all realized that if the RSB get's banned, most of the FGC will end up laughing at you.

Banning advanced movement tech just because only a few characters have it is dumb, especially when the genre in general has a history of similar tech not only being allowed, but accepted and even promoted.
And that's only for the PS3 version what about the Akishop Customs PS360 PCB for the Hitbox that works on both PS3 and Xbox 360 does it not allow 2 opposing cardinal directions to be input at the same time?
Last I heard, only the earliest batches allowed for SOCDs. I haven't checked to see if the current ones don't allow this either.

Stikku

So i saw this video where this guy is using a hitbox and he discusses about Rapid Stepping backwards and forward. Obviously we all know that most of cast have a RSF than a RSB. Some people think that this device should be banned and some say that they don't mind. EVO ban this is in which my opinion think its kinda silly. For me I'm fine with it, I in fact would even pick one of these up and use it. But what do you guys think?

Here's the Video:
HAHAHAHAHAHA
this is the funniest thing I've seen all month

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
rise from your grave...

Does anyone other than Tenren have experience on a hitbox? Please share!

Last edited:

Madian

rise from your grave...

Does anyone other than Tenren have experience on a hitbox? Please share!

I used a hitbox for a while to play DoA. I gave it up because it's impossible to do Raijin on a hitbox. I had a hard time just grasping the motion let alone trying to put it in practice. Outside of that the hitbox has some unique advantages.

Strengths
Fastest stagger is easy
Never accidentally input a taunt
Back dash cancel is easy

Disadvantages
Diagonal inputs are just a tiny bit strict
Izuna/Raijin motions are harder

If you aren't using a character with esoteric moves then I would suggest trying out the hitbox. Especially if you are already well practiced with a stick. There are some situations that are next to impossible to escape on a stick or pad but easy to defend against on a hitbox.

There isn't too many hard inputs in DoA but the overall advantage of the hitbox is not wasting any frames on button inputs since you can perform moves as fast as you can type.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I actually think Izuna is really really easy on hitbox. Raijin, though... That's a whole other matter.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD