Hitomi Combo Thread

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Does hitomi have any good combo's that force tech your opponent? Are there any that are worth using?

You can't get a force tech with combos (=juggles) anymore in 5U, really. That was vanilla business.

You can pseudo force tech with 2h+k or 3h+k if they choose to remain on the ground, with the right timing. Or you can tap them with 1k or 1p (I prefer 1k) and get them scared, so they'll tech themselves, without a wakeup kick. Works more often vs. some people than others.

Darth Lotonic X

"No Timing" Power Launcher Combos from my guide.

For information about the format of these combos go here

No Wall:
Middle: :4::K::K:, :4::K::K:, :6::6::K::K::K: (103)

Wall: Not required
Alpha: (:P:) :3::3::P:, :4::K::K:, :P::P::4::P::P::P: (113)
Light: (:P:) :9::K:, :4::K::K:, :P::P::6::P::K: (105)
Middle: (:H+P:) :4::K::K:, :P::P::4::P::P::P: (100)
Heavy: (:H+P:) :4::K::K:, :P::P::4::P::P::P: (101)

Last edited:

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Well, can you get something guaranteed from the sit-down stun? like CB? >.>

:9::K: is almost guaranteed. Meaning they have to stagger-escape at fastest to avoid it, which is very hard in practice. Also, it doesn't always connect since :2::1::4::P: pushes them back a bit... go into training mode and experiment.

Hikari-Senca

The only guaranteed combo that I've managed to get to work is: 214P, 66KK, PPP. It only works on lights and mids and you have to do it in a LV2 stun. There's also 236P after a sit-down stun near the wall but after those two options, she has nothing else guaranteed from her 214P sit-down.

Mesharey

:9::K: is almost guaranteed. Meaning they have to stagger-escape at fastest to avoid it, which is very hard in practice. Also, it doesn't always connect since :2::1::4::P: pushes them back a bit... go into training mode and experiment.
Stun level doesn't matter, correct?

Hikari-Senca
Thanks, but I find 9K, PP4PPP easier and it does more damage, also it seems stun level doesn't matter. :]

Belegorm

I'm really, really new at this game (and to 3D fighters in general), but am attempting to learn Hitomi.

I can't seem to do that simple bnb combo, 6P, 33P, PP6PK. I don't know if you cancel the 6P into the 33P, or (more likely), link the 6P into the 33P but in every case I can't get them to connect. Like if I set the AI to auto-guard the second hit it'll always block that 33P.
Am I missing something here, or is 6P>33P impossible due to an update?

Darth Lotonic X

I'm really, really new at this game (and to 3D fighters in general), but am attempting to learn Hitomi.

I can't seem to do that simple bnb combo, 6P, 33P, PP6PK. I don't know if you cancel the 6P into the 33P, or (more likely), link the 6P into the 33P but in every case I can't get them to connect. Like if I set the AI to auto-guard the second hit it'll always block that 33P.
Am I missing something here, or is 6P>33P impossible due to an update?

Do you have Counter Hit turned on? 6P doesn't stun on Normal Hit.

It looks like you don't really understand the stun system. You should go do the tutorial if you haven't already and maybe watch PL's primer that's currently on the front page. I'm not sure about PL's video, but the tutorial probably covers the stun system.

Belegorm

Do you have Counter Hit turned on? 6P doesn't stun on Normal Hit.

It looks like you don't really understand the stun system. You should go do the tutorial if you haven't already and maybe watch PL's primer that's currently on the front page. I'm not sure about PL's video, but the tutorial probably covers the stun system.

I agree, I really don't understand stuns. The tutorial barely says anything (plus... the tutorial is f'ing terrible). That PL video covered it somewhat, but wasn't explained well there, plus it was mixed in with the "double tap the stick to dash!" kinds of info. What would really help is some guide on the game's systems, preferably text, not a video.

Edit: I just found a guide on doaworld, and I get it now! Suddenly combos in this game sound far more interesting. I remember that part from the tutorial now, but I did it twice not understanding it and forgot about it.

Last edited:

Dawsen B.

Alright, here we go. First post. Couple of CB Combos I threw together in Training. As far as I know, they work on lights.

Setup:
:4::P::P::h:, :3::K::P:, :6::P+K:(CB!) is the combo I used in all of these, it has a great damage output.

Combos:
(CB!), :3::3::P:, :4::K::K:, :P::P::6::P::K: ~ 113 Dmg NH / 142 CH (This one will work on mids)
(CB!), :6::6::H+K:, :4::K::K:, :P::P::6::P::K: ~ 113 Dmg NH / 142 CH
(CB!), :3::3::P:, :4::K::K:, :6::6::K::K::K: ~ 114 Dmg NH/ 142 CH
(CB!) :3::3::P:, :4::K::K:, :P::P::4::P::P::P: ~ 118 Dmg NH / 149 CH (This can vary due to the chargeable punch, and can work on mids)

Lulu

I agree, I really don't understand stuns. The tutorial barely says anything (plus... the tutorial is f'ing terrible). That PL video covered it somewhat, but wasn't explained well there, plus it was mixed in with the "double tap the stick to dash!" kinds of info. What would really help is some guide on the game's systems, preferably text, not a video.

Edit: I just found a guide on doaworld, and I get it now! Suddenly combos in this game sound far more interesting. I remember that part from the tutorial now, but I did it twice not understanding it and forgot about it.

Fantastic.... lol.... it was touch and go for a while there. Hope you enjoy the rest of the game too.

Heres the entire series.

Each chapter covers a specific aspect of the game so its okay if you only want information about that part only.

Edit oh and welcome to Free Step Dodge :). You too @Dawsen B. ;)

Edit2: LOL that message was from January ? LoL wow now I feel embarrassed.

Last edited:

Dawsen B.

Fantastic.... lol.... it was touch and go for a while there. Hope you enjoy the rest of the game too.

Heres the entire series.

Each chapter covers a specific aspect of the game so its okay if you only want information about that part only.

Edit oh and welcome to Free Step Dodge :). You too @Dawsen B. ;)

Edit2: LOL that message was from January ? LoL wow now I feel embarrassed.

Maybe the thread just needed a fresh face. ;)

Chaos

I've been ready to share some Hitomi combo set ups for a while. I couldn't wait!

:4::6::K:: (close stance) :4::6::P:: (BT rope bounce) :6::P::+::K:: ::2::1::4::P:: CB! ::6::P::+::K:: ::3::3::P:: :4::K::K:: ::P::+::K::P::P:: or Power blow. What sucks about this combo set up is when your opponent holds 46P will automatically whiff. :(

:6::::P:: ::h:: ::2::1::4::P:: :3::::P:: (can't slow escape).<< This force your opponent to guess and puts them in a bad situation which gives Hitomi a huge advantage. (she gets +22) >:)

I'll share some more later.

Last edited:

Raansu

Wait.....you already posted it? I found these combo set ups a long time ago and thought I was the only one who knew about them....damn it lol. :(

I've known about those rope combos for years. I just never really bothered with them because they are beyond situational. Its basically never going to happen in a real match lol. I put it in my last video mostly for fun.

Edit:

*MAYBE* back when we had the old SS kick it could be done but it would be pretty hard to get. I still miss my old SS kick :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD