Hitomi Q&A

ninjaguy446

Hi everyone. I was thinking about trying out Hitomi. Could you please tell me what Hitomi's main playstyle is? Thanks :)

Raansu

She's not a rush down character. She's not safe enough nor does she have the frame advantage to pull it off. her strongest tools are at mid range where she can easily whiff punish you. This is why most of her strings knock you away.

ninjaguy446

She's not a rush down character. She's not safe enough nor does she have the frame advantage to pull it off. her strongest tools are at mid range where she can easily whiff punish you. This is why most of her strings knock you away.
Oh okay. So she's mainly whiff punisher? Thanks again.

Chaos

Sorry lol I didn't display it right. I use :1::K::6::P::P: almost always while they're grounded the kick forces them up and i delay the last punch depending how slow they get up. The second punch wont connect at all but the last one will. Hit or miss basically. Try it out and let me know.
Sometimes I do a slight pause using that combo since the cpu likes to block everything & it helps....well, sometimes.

tonyz723

Dead thread, I know, but hopefully people will still respond on here. I've got more of a newby question. What are some of hitomi's best mix-up combo's? At the level that I'm playing, I find myself playing a lot of players that, like myself, have no problem blocking highs/mids, but once you start mixing it up, you're very likely to hit lows. What are some of hitomi's safer low hits that I can combo into? I know I can use like, the 2 f+k low sweep, or 2kk, but what low hits lead into a stun? I get stuck just knocking down my opponent, and being back at square one, what can I do?

Thank you for any anwers!!

P1naatt1ke1tt0

@tonyz723
Hitomi doesn't have a low that gives a deep stun on normal hit. 1p and 2f+k give a deep stun on counter hit and in stun, though. 2p is super safe and also gives something on counter hit. In practice, combos that lead to a 2f+k finisher are good, though, because you can continue your pressure with a nice frame advantage, even if they hit on just NH. Also try pp2k ~ 3k/6p and 3kp2k ~ 3k/6p sometimes, it gets people sometimes by surprise, who try to block the second low kick.

Last edited:

Crext

Standard Donor
Dead thread, I know, but hopefully people will still respond on here. I've got more of a newby question. What are some of hitomi's best mix-up combo's? At the level that I'm playing, I find myself playing a lot of players that, like myself, have no problem blocking highs/mids, but once you start mixing it up, you're very likely to hit lows. What are some of hitomi's safer low hits that I can combo into? I know I can use like, the 2 f+k low sweep, or 2kk, but what low hits lead into a stun? I get stuck just knocking down my opponent, and being back at square one, what can I do?

Thank you for any anwers!!

The only normal hit low stunn I know of is the 8pp2k, which gives you 12 frames, meaning you can follow up with 7pp or just pp for a string. However, she does a lot of damage on frame advantage alone if try and free cancel and use 6T A LOT (gives you +10 frames). This will force the opponent to open up more and you'll get those crit hits all the time. If not ending 6pk2k or any move with low kicks will keep you at frame advantage and continue the onslaught.

Last edited:

tonyz723

@P1naatt1ke1tt0 , @Crext

Thank you to both of you for the help!!
that 8pp2k alone might have won me some matches tonight. I've got a ways to go for getting good with hitomi, but these tips help a ton!

Crext

Standard Donor
Well, some general tips is to experiment with different setups.

If you look at the framedata

http://www.freestepdodge.com/wiki/hitomi-frame-data-doa5u/

You can get an understanding of what is fast (if you both start a match you will initiate at the same time, thus the ones with the fastest frame attack usually wins). Don't worry about the other stuff for now.

If you need a general guide you can look at

tonyz723

Well, some general tips is to experiment with different setups.

If you look at the framedata

http://www.freestepdodge.com/wiki/hitomi-frame-data-doa5u/

You can get an understanding of what is fast (if you both start a match you will initiate at the same time, thus the ones with the fastest frame attack usually wins). Don't worry about the other stuff for now.

If you need a general guide you can look at

I've been trying to get an idea of what works and doesn't work as far as safe/unsafe moves combo wise in training, but I'll check out the framedata as well, it should be helpful. I saw the DOA5 version of your guide, but I forgot to watch the 5U one. I really liked the original one though, I'll make sure to check this out, Thanks Crext!

UncleBiscuits79

Hey guys. Reading this thread and there is a LOT of good info on this character. I am new to DOA in general, and chose Hitomi because I always like the karate types in fighting games.

One question. for Hitomi's low kick counter. Is there anything that is a guaranteed hit after that? been trying to find something to punish with after I land that, but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

SilverForte

Hitomis low kick counter leaves her at advantage, but nothing is guaranteed from it, it's more of a momentum based hold.

UncleBiscuits79

Thanks. got one more noob question about the frame data. So what exactly is the 'delay frame' information telling me. I get everything else on the frame data chart except for that.

Thanks again!!

Saber

Thanks. got one more noob question about the frame data. So what exactly is the 'delay frame' information telling me. I get everything else on the frame data chart except for that.

Thanks again!!
Tells you how many frames you can delay an input before the string goes back into recovery frames.

Crext

Standard Donor
Hey guys. Reading this thread and there is a LOT of good info on this character. I am new to DOA in general, and chose Hitomi because I always like the karate types in fighting games.

One question. for Hitomi's low kick counter. Is there anything that is a guaranteed hit after that? been trying to find something to punish with after I land that, but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

It gives you 5 frame advantage. Good follow ups I like is :6::F:, which again gives you 10 frame (which is basically the same situation. Another one is :6::P::K::2::K:, which again leave you at 5 FA, also you have :6::K::2::K:, which also give you 5 FA (see a pattern here? :)). :2_::K::K: also gives you 6 FA. You can also cancel any of these by pressing :h: in between and then go for a :6::F:.

Basically Hitomi is incredible strong once on the frame advantage, where you got so many options. One of her weaknesses is that she is initially quite slow with the 13 frame mids, and what not, but a 4 frame advantage puts her ahead in any of the categories (H, M:P:, M:K:, or L) with plenty of options for delaying and free canceling into throws.
It basically gives you a potential for a never ending string of damage where you doesn't even ground them for a reset.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I should probably read this thread, Hitomi is my favourite female character and she's the perfect tag partner to my main man Ein.

I really would like to get in gear with her and help myself defend against her as well haha.

Most decent Hitomi's eat my Ein up as if he was a small snack lol.

UncleBiscuits79

I should probably read this thread, Hitomi is my favourite female character and she's the perfect tag partner to my main man Ein.

I really would like to get in gear with her and help myself defend against her as well haha.

Most decent Hitomi's eat my Ein up as if he was a small snack lol.

I have noticed this too. It seems that Hitomi has more options in combos and generally more mixups, while Ein seems to be total brute strength. I am not even that good yet, but Ein is one character I can beat more often online, since he plays very similarly to Hitomi.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD