Hitomi Video/Critique Thread

Chaos

Haven't not played DOA for a few weeks...made my skills rusty as hell. But thanks to that, I could do a little reset on my playstyle (somewhat).

I'm having a tough time using Hitomi online especially when lag kicks in :( By the way are you fighting against the A.I.

Sarah: you'll enjoy this trust me..........ready?
Hitomi: I'm ready!
LMAO! XD

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Any and all feedback is appreciated

After a deep stun launcher, be it :9::K: or :4::H+K: or whatever, you can do :P::P::4::P::P::P: or
:4::K::P::P::P::P:. This applies to counter hit launchers as well. If you start doing :P::P::4::P::P::P: and notice at the last moment that the launch wasn't high enough, you can change it on the fly to :P::P::6::P::K:.

I didn't see you throw much, remember, Hitomi has good throws now after the buff, namely :6::H+P: and
:3::3::H+P:. The latter is devastating against a wall :)

EDIT: You can't do :4::H+K:, :4::K::P::P::P::P:, since the launcher leaves you back turned. You could try :7::K: but I find that high kick launcher unreliable since it must be inputted precisely or another move comes out.

Jiraiya-Sama2390

After a deep stun launcher, be it :9::K: or :4::H+K: or whatever, you can do :P::P::4::P::P::P: or
:4::K::P::P::P::P:. This applies to counter hit launchers as well. If you start doing :P::P::4::P::P::P: and notice at the last moment that the launch wasn't high enough, you can change it on the fly to :P::P::6::P::K:.

I didn't see you throw much, remember, Hitomi has good throws now after the buff, namely :6::H+P: and
:3::3::H+P:. The latter is devastating against a wall :)

EDIT: You can't do :4::H+K:, :4::K::P::P::P::P:, since the launcher leaves you back turned.

know about her good throws, but I find them hard to setup

Chaos

Any and all feedback is appreciated
Do not abused wake up kicks because people will start to notice you're constantly using them and will start countering the hack out of it and remember you need to be unpredictable as well.

Here are some specific CB combos that could help you:
:4::P::P:, :9::P:, :8::K:, :6::P::+::K:

I prefer using this one because it's impossible to slow escape
:7::P::P:, :6::K:, :P::P:, :6::P::+::K:

Saber

The main tip I could give you is to not CB so much. Use it only for the sake of mix-ups, because you will be getting held every time since almost all players predict CB. The other tip I could give you is to be more reactive. Your opponents all held randomly, so throw punish them. Capitalize on their mistakes and 33T the freak out of them.

Also, try going in for an early launcher. If you already managed to put the opponent into a single Critical Stun, launch them. Or if you're against the wall, instantly wall splat them. It's much, much safer than going for CBs. Mix up your launchers as well. Hitomi's P+KPP, PP6PK and 7PKKK can be used after any of her launches, except for 4H+K, which you then use her PP6PK if it was landed early.

As for a good setup for 6T and 33T, you'd have to know how your opponent reacts. If your opponent loves blocking, you can basically spam 6T all day. If you're near a wall, either 6T ~ wall splat ~ wall juggle or 6T ~ 33T.

Oh, you can rushdown with Hitomi too. If you're opponent keeps spacing, surprise them with 46P, 236P and 3H+K (which guarantees a free force tech since this attack cannot be teched and leaves you at +12 and above depending on the attack). Remember to keep pressure on your opponents.

Saber

Whoops. Not rushdown. Spacing away then closing in on your opponent. My bad (still not used to all the fighting game terminology).

Overall, good Hitomi though. All you need to work on is punishment and mixups.

Jiraiya-Sama2390

Whoops. Not rushdown. Spacing away then closing in on your opponent. My bad (still not used to all the fighting game terminology).

Overall, good Hitomi though. All you need to work on is punishment and mixups.
Punishment happens to be the worst part of my game simply because I can't tell when certain strings end

KayJay

I just link this to get a few more clicks
SC23.gif

If possible, you can enjoy it in 1080p.

And I'm sorry P1naatt1ke1tt0 that I recorded your lose. All matches were recorded at 1 day in a rush and I just wanted some gameplay footage for my channel. Nothing more. :)
GGs as always.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

SC23.gif

And I'm sorry P1naatt1ke1tt0 that I recorded your lose. All matches were recorded at 1 day in a rush and I just wanted some gameplay footage for my channel. Nothing more. :)
GGs as always.
No problem, all videos on the internet featuring me have me losing. I'll remedy it someday by posting a few videos of my own where I manage to win somebody ;)

Randy Chhun

I would love to show you guys one of my replays but sadly I record them from my phone because I don't have internet and I really want to upload them badly:( Do y'all want to watch my replays?:oops:

i want a match against your hitomi. lol all for fun tho.

Randy Chhun

SC23.gif

If possible, you can enjoy it in 1080p.

GGs as always.

I would love to know where you found the kasumi theme remix. btw nice hitomi!

Randy Chhun

I'll try my best to defeat you aaaaand hopefully you can enjoy these videos I record (since I don't have internet) if you can't enjoy it than I'm going to 46P you to the face lol. :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITBTPCrf_yU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Edit: This one is superior than the other three imo.
Rage of Hitomi 5 is my favorite replay :)

Great gameplay with hitomi. Your spacing is waaaaayyyy better than mines and great punish. Something i Lack lol. Dude i will prob lose to you big time lol. I'll give you an add. Your hitomi scares me lol

P1naatt1ke1tt0

tournament video material

BigBoss is evidently a great offline player with quick reactive play, good reads, etc. Nice use of Hitomi. But, maybe it's the pressure of the tournament, but he didn't use optimal juggles at all times. After wall bounce PPP instead of 4KPPPP, and 7PK, PPP after critical burst launcher instead of 7PK, 7PKKK (with electric floor). And he didn't know Hitomi's danger zone combos. Overall very nice.

EDIT: Congrats to you Tones for victory!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD