Hitomi Video/Critique Thread

xINFINITELIGHTx

JESUS IS GOD HAVE A BLESSED DAY LIFE IS GOD
Hello everyone I the doa5 hitomi master have decided to release some exhibition videos of my high level starts so here they are

HITOMI VS HAYABUSA

HITOMI VS TINA

AKIRA VS HITOMI

xINFINITELIGHTx

I played against the fake offbeat ninja in a ft5 he lost here is the results in video form.

Crext

Standard Donor
Nice matches xINFINITELIGHTx. Btw, did you know that you can upload this directly to youtube after patch 1.03? :)

xINFINITELIGHTx

JESUS IS GOD AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!!!

Yes I got an error so I used my ipad instead

Thank you very much crext btw good tutorial video I watched it it was great.

JESUS IS GOD AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!!!

Kokomi

And I'm back to uploading videos again. Will write more later on when I get back because I'm rushing out for dinner. I'm trying to focus on my stun game this time, so I would appreciate it if anyone could give me a strict criticism on my stun game. By stun game, I meant the amount of times where I missed out a good chance to extend stun, dish out any damaging juggles or hi-counter throws, basically just missing out anything good.

I'm still kinda sloppy and passive at the moment, sorry. DOA5U players are very defensive compared to DOA5 people, and it's not easy to find ranked matches these days, so I contemplated with the option of lobby matches.

Last edited:

Kokomi

Putting this here because the previous post only allowed 5 videos. This is one of the matches I lost, couldn't be calm. Criticisms needed.

Crext

Standard Donor
I watched the two last ones Kokomi.

I've just returned myself and find it, as you do, that people are a lot more defensive in DoA5U, and still learning the ropes again myself.

That said it is as you say that a lot of the stuns could be better capitalized. A good one I've started using recently is *Stun* --> H --> 3K --> H --> 9K --> juggle. this way you can avoid hitting middle punches. Another one is *stun* --> 7PP --> 9K --> juggle. A little more unsafe as you don't hit middle, but very few people use low holds against mid-dominating Hitomi. If they do just use your standard midpunch routine of the old.

Just a general tip against Alpha. Even though I've only fought 5 Alpha players by now, the setup doesn't seem to have changed much and you only need to learn her new tricks and watch out for them. I usually just swoop over them without much trouble (then again, people are learning all over the place in this time so this may change). This is actually one of the games you want to abandon the tacs against other characters by dominating mid-lane (unless she idiot spray you, then you just time the punch (236P) and range accordingly), and simply go all out close range offense. You will probably get the heavens kicked out of you from time to time, but the beating you can return and the pressure you can keep up is much greater. Her lack of wakeup kicks is key and you just approach her every time she wakes up and keep on the pressure.

phoenix1985gr

Against alpha players especially online dont let them get away with the stupid 2kkk launcher always expert mid hold the mid for a juggle or at least until they start mixing it up with throws

Kokomi

Hello people, I are back again, lol. Why is it that I'm the only one on the video threads Q_Q. Have the number of Hitomi fans died down once more? I'm sorry I'm always inactive though, I go on and off the radar because I am a student with shitloads of assignments, which explains my absence since Sept 2013. I just started playing again yesterday and today with the 1.04 patch. I have to say, 33T is so easy to perform now. The transition is much smoother.

Not sure if I'm playing her correctly, but can someone critique? I keep losing my grounds as a Hitomi mainer.

And also, could we get a Hitomi breakdown guide? I notice many other threads have breakdown guides for their characters. I'm wondering if we can have one too, with a bit of theoretical aspects, straying less from the frames. And someone please answer this, can Hitomi play in a rushdown manner?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Thanks to the wonderful people of FSD I have begun teaching myself how to play Hitomi. As with other characters I've played my initial several matches I try to muscle out of the way via just learning on the run and without going into the forums until I've hit a wall. Now that I've got some wins (and losses) under my belt I'm coming to you guys for small changes to juggles, mixups, or plain gameplay. As I get better with her I'll start taking more advanced steps with her. Right now It's all about removing my Ein and grappler tendencies, it's harder than you think and you can be sure to see some in the videos (I miss OHs already).

I'll leave a link here to a playlist that will have the matches so there isn't clutter but I'll also have it in my signature.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMvZQaKgvmKReFiVgKZPT5zLitRD3ErP1

So far I'm surprised at how much fun I've had with her.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Right now It's all about removing my Ein tendencies, it's harder than you think
THIS!
I REALLY want to get into Hitomi(LOL), but I just can't shake off the habit of trying to play her like Ein ;~; then I only know really basic juggles and set ups.....

Actually next time I play a few matches I'll pick her and upload them here win or (most likely) lose.

Saber

Basic Hitomi advice:

Like Ein, 2P the shit out of your opponent in CQC. But unlike Ein, Hitomi has string mixups, and you want to delay the shit out of them. Start your CQC with P, 7P, 66P, 6P and 6K strings. Condition your opponent to respect her string delay so that they continue blocking for you to tick throw them with 6T for more mixup madness.

Speaking of 6T, you preferably want to throw out a mid or low TRACKING move if you plan to strike. It's +10, so make the most of it. 6H+K is only -2 on block, and 2P+K has delayable followups. P+K, while not a tracking move, retracks due to its nature as a 2-in-1 ground move (and hits opponents out of their SS attack). Your opponent's options after the +10 is to block, SS or crush if you're throwing out another 6T, so you want moves that can cover all three options.

I see a lot of 3P, 6P+K and 8H+K which I see carries over from Ein player tendencies. They're not bad, but not the best moves to throw out mid-range. 3P is a great CH tool, but it's lack of a NH stun, short range and short blockstun make 2P+K the better alternative. If it's intended to be thrown as a quick CQC poke, 6K and 6P is the way to go. 6P+K is safe, but it's slow and SSable. 8H+K, likewise, is safe, but very slow, SSable, and should be used strictly for crushing lows (and WUKs) only. I'd also avoid throwing out 4P because it's super slow (but what you can do is whiff the first 4P and delay the shit out of the followups to CH them while they're trying to punish you). 2P+K does the job better AND crushes highs. 33P should also only be thrown out of you know your opponent is going to throw or use a high since it's extremely unsafe, has shit range and long recovery frames.

I'll just make a list of moves that shouldn't be used anywhere but stun:
K (it's useless, don't ever use it, even in stun), 7K (only use it as a launcher in stun), 8K (same as K), 33P, 6P+K, H+K, 2K (unless you're in water), 9P, 9K, 2H+K (unless you hit them with a 6T first), 4H+K.

Your basic mid-range pokes for Hitomi are P+K, 3K, 1K, 2P+K and 6H+K, and your basic whiff punishment tools are 46P (godly), 236P, 236K (it's high though), 66K, 46K (excellent when paired with 66KKP right after, but nerfed in LR), and 3H+K (also nerfed in LR - it used to be safe on block and only 20f. At least it's still untechable).

All you want to do as Hitomi is knock your opponent into the wall or the environment. If you can avoid CQC combat, great, but if not, then Hitomi's got some great options with her string delays and 6T, but still, you want to get them to the wall (and is thus why her juggle enders all have great knockback).

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Basic Hitomi advice:

Like Ein, 2P the shit out of your opponent in CQC. But unlike Ein, Hitomi has string mixups, and you want to delay the shit out of them. Start your CQC with P, 7P, 66P, 6P and 6K strings. Condition your opponent to respect her string delay so that they continue blocking for you to tick throw them with 6T for more mixup madness.

Speaking of 6T, you preferably want to throw out a mid or low TRACKING move if you plan to strike. It's +10, so make the most of it. 6H+K is only -2 on block, and 2P+K has delayable followups. P+K, while not a tracking move, retracks due to its nature as a 2-in-1 ground move (and hits opponents out of their SS attack). Your opponent's options after the +10 is to block, SS or crush if you're throwing out another 6T, so you want moves that can cover all three options.

I see a lot of 3P, 6P+K and 8H+K which I see carries over from Ein player tendencies. They're not bad, but not the best moves to throw out mid-range. 3P is a great CH tool, but it's lack of a NH stun, short range and short blockstun make 2P+K the better alternative. If it's intended to be thrown as a quick CQC poke, 6K is the way to go. 6P+K is safe, but it's slow and SSable. 8H+K, likewise, is safe, but very slow, SSable, and should be used strictly for crushing lows (and WUKs) only. I'd also avoid throwing out 4P because it's super slow (but what you can do is whiff the first 4P and delay the shit out of the followups to CH them while they're trying to punish you). 2P+K does the job better AND crushes highs. 33P should also only be thrown out of you know your opponent is going to throw or use a high since it's extremely unsafe, has shit range and long recovery frames.

I'll just make a list of moves that shouldn't be used anywhere but stun:
K (it's useless, don't ever use it, even in stun), 7K (only use it as a launcher in stun), 8K (same as K), 33P, 6P+K, H+K, 2K (unless you're in water), 9P, 9K, 2H+K (unless you hit them with a 6T first), 4H+K.

Your basic mid-range pokes for Hitomi are P+K, 3K, 1K, 2P+K and 6H+K, and your basic whiff punishment tools are 46P (godly), 236P, 236K (it's high though), 66K, 46K (excellent when paired with 66KKP right after, but nerfed in LR), and 3H+K (also nerfed in LR - it used to be safe on lock and only 20f. At least it's still untechable).

All you want to do as Hitomi is knock your opponent into the wall or the environment. If you can avoid CQC combat, great, but if not, then Hitomi's got some great options with her string delays and 6T, but still, you want to get them to the wall (and is thus why her juggle enders all have great knockback).
Thanks for this, this should help out both me and XZero,

EDIT: scratch that, youtube uploader literally doesnt even work anymore.

I tried to post the matches but it keeps telling my password or username is wrong(which neither are....) Guess it will have to wait until I can use the X1 uploader on Last Round :/

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD