Hitomi Video/Critique Thread

Tenryuga

@Saber I agree with everything you said but I'm curious as to why you wouldn't use H+K in neutral. It's a tracking high with decent reach that's pretty nice for both keep out and whiff punishment due to the single button press. Of course 46K is more reward but I find H+K isn't that bad at all.

On a side note here are a couple of my matches:

This one is to show that Hitomi can play patiently and capitalize off the opponents mistakes with her excellent footspeed. Her keepout is not as strong as Ein's due to the general lack of safety on her ranged pokes so you have to make the most of your movement. Also I miss alot of punishment attempts here. DO NOT MISS THESE WITH HITOMI. 6T = MOMENTUM GAINED.

In this one I use 4P in the neutral a bit. It's a good example of why Saber said you should try to avoid it as if my opponent had just been paying more attention I'd have gotten punished for the horrible whiffs. I'll use 2P+K more instead.

I linked this one to remind you guys that Hitomi is a character that thrives off of the momentum gained by her parry and 6T. Here I barely used either when I had multiple opportunities to (some throw punishment was missed). I still won in the end but against a more experienced opponent these decisions would have costed me.

Last edited:

Saber

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't use H+K in neutral. It's a tracking high with decent reach that's pretty nice for both keep out and whiff punishment due to the single button press.
Mainly because it's a high and its recovery frames are too long for my tastes. 6H+K is a frame slower, but better than H+K in every other aspect (also tracks, better reach, mid, has the low kick followup and -2 on block versus -5 for H+K). H+K's not bad, but there are moves that are better.

And side note, I'm really jealous of your Hitomi. Like a lot. I know how to play Hitomi, but in terms of fighting my skill with Hitomi is only limited to AI fights because I live in the middle of nowhere.

Tenryuga

Mainly because it's a high and its recovery frames are too long for my tastes. 6H+K is a frame slower, but better than H+K in every other aspect (also tracks, better reach, mid, has the low kick followup and -2 on block versus -5 for H+K). H+K's not bad, but there are moves that are better.

And side note, I'm really jealous of your Hitomi. Like a lot. I know how to play Hitomi, but in terms of fighting my skill with Hitomi is only limited to AI fights because I live in the middle of nowhere.

I see. Also thanks for the complement haha. It's the Ein fundamentals that transferred over. Sometimes I forget I'm playing Hitomi and tend to be a bit lax on the offense. More importantly I forget that I have parry lol. I know it's not a tool to be abused since alot of characters can just kick you in the face or gut for it but I could use it a bit more.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD