Holy crap I forgot how good this game looked :)

Aven Kujo-Gin

I have some screenshots lying around... I'll post a few.

f0000746_478b86cd3dbb2.png
I love that one for Ayane, so cute :)

Ritsuko

DoA4 was visually impressive, and not just from a graphical point, but more of an aesthetics point. Shame its stages were nowhere near as good as doa2 and doa3 =/. I don't mind doa5's graphics but I definitely prefer the old art/aesthetics. I miss the old school stages even more.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Literally everything but the character models are so detailed and beautifully designed DOA5 is like the other way around :$

Thank you very much for screens! I'm impressed, it looks stunning.So, ehm, DoA 5 only does better job in light/shadow, skin material, hair and facial expressions? I'm not sure with clothes - maybe 5's are more advanced but 4 has crisp textures

Aven Kujo-Gin

Thank you very much for screens! I'm impressed, it looks stunning.So, ehm, DoA 5 only does better job in light/shadow, skin material, hair and facial expressions? I'm not sure with clothes - maybe 5's are more advanced but 4 has crisp textures
DOA5 did a better job with clothes and hair physics too, wich were pretty bad to begin with as you can see in the pictures.

Yeah, that black hair above looks pretty weak and buggy. DoA 5's clothes - uh-huuh, i remember that series of great posts from 5U screens thread depicting wonderful details but some 5's clothes are kinda low res and muddy sometimes, right? DoA 4's clothes look technically simpler but from what i seen above quality is more consistent...or i just too impressed by Ryu and Hitomi's cloth materials on 2nd and 4th pics.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
As much as I love DOA5, i do miss the stages.... They had a magical epic element that lured me into the series to begin with. The hair physics were bad too, but they looked better and thicker and longer than what we have now. I really wish they could've just kept the old hair, but updated the hair physics, so it could still be long but not move and slither around like tentacles either....

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
DOA4, for an early Xbox 360 title, looks good. But in terms of aesthetics, I'm glad that DOA5 went with the more realistic style for the fighters. Last Round on the current gen consoles looks amazing, and it'll look even more amazing on PC.

Kiraragirl200

Aesthetically, I much prefer the colorful anime-like style of 1-4, it had a memorable charm to it. While 5 is definitely a "better" looking game (which is to be expected from a 7 year difference) it's just not my cup of tea (just too gritty for my taste, and the color palette can be boring sometimes )
Personally my favorite character models were DOA3/2U's.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD