Balance Honoka 1.04 Balance Changes Discussion

Honoka's 46P is actually easier than Eliot's. I just treated the 46P follow up as a separate move and it would always connect.
Yeah maybe I'm learning that now, King Jaimy suggested it,bit I swear I tried for hours and couldn't get it consistently. Now I just do 2p+k, release fingers from dpad, then 46+p and it works almost 90%,amazing since it's one of her best combo enders.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Yeah maybe I'm learning that now, King Jaimy suggested it,bit I swear I tried for hours and couldn't get it consistently. Now I just do 2p+k, release fingers from dpad, then 46+p and it works almost 90%,amazing since it's one of her best combo enders.
Yes, that extra 1 point of damage really helps, especially if it's near a wall. Lol

Yes, that extra 1 point of damage really helps, especially if it's near a wall. Lol

I meant that it hits so low that it never whiffs compared to other combo enders,more than in terms of damage. For example I like to do CB 33k,6h+k,k,33P, 2p+k, 46+p, and it hits

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I meant that it hits so low that it never whiffs compared to other combo enders,more than in terms of damage. For example I like to do CB 33k,6h+k,k,33P, 2p+k, 46+p, and it hits
I notice with Honoka, I try to not blow back my opponent. I like to create force techs with her, because she already suffers due to range.

KING JAIMY

Next patch hopefully they fix her CB
???
I notice with Honoka, I try to not blow back my opponent. I like to create force techs with her, because she already suffers due to range.
2P+K46P with the Eliot ender has even more advantages:

- More knockback
- Safe on block and causes a guard break (-4). Gen Fu's version js unsafe
- More range
- Hits opponents which are very low to the ground

The problem with Honoka's enders is that most of her combo enders do cause knockback, at least if you want to optimize your damage (e.g. 2P+K4(6P), P+KPP, 66P+K Heichu P+K and PPP6P). I think she benefits a lot from force techs near a wall since it keeps her opponents close.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
2P+K46P with the Eliot ender has even more advantages:

- More knockback
- Safe on block and causes a guard break (-4). Gen Fu's version js unsafe
- More range
- Hits opponents which are very low to the ground

The problem with Honoka's enders is that most of her combo enders do cause knockback, at least if you want to optimize your damage (e.g. 2P+K4(6P), P+KPP, 66P+K Heichu P+K and PPP6P). I think she benefits a lot from force techs near a wall since it keeps her opponents close.
The 2P+K46P does have its advantages, but sometimes, optimal damage isn't worth it if you're knocking back your opponent and your range fucking sucks. She already has a hard time getting in against a lot of the characters, so you might as well sacrifice that optimized damage for force tech situations so you can stay close and keep applying the pressure.

KING JAIMY

The 2P+K46P does have its advantages, but sometimes, optimal damage isn't worth it if you're knocking back your opponent and your range fucking sucks. She already has a hard time getting in against a lot of the characters, so you might as well sacrifice that optimized damage for force tech situations so you can stay close and keep applying the pressure.
I'd say damage > pressure unless you need to make a comeback. The opponent can always tech and your force tech goes right out of the window. Knockback isn't a big problem for Honoka since her movement speed is very quick. Have you seen how fast her forward dash is? It's ridiculous. So after a knockback ender you should be able to run or dash towards your opponent to stay in their face.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I'd say damage > pressure unless you need to make a comeback. The opponent can always tech and your force tech goes right out of the window. Knockback isn't a big problem for Honoka since her movement speed is very quick. Have you seen how fast her forward dash is? It's ridiculous. So after a knockback ender you should be able to run or dash towards your opponent to stay in their face.
That's what I normally do anyway if I knockback. But the way I play this character is certainly not typical of how she's meant to be played, since of course, I don't really know how to play any character. I just like keeping my opponents close to me is all.

KING JAIMY

That's what I normally do anyway if I knockback. But the way I play this character is certainly not typical of how she's meant to be played, since of course, I don't really know how to play any character. I just like keeping my opponents close to me is all.
That's alright. Everyone has their unique playstyle in the end and you should do whatever works best for you.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
That's alright. Everyone has their unique playstyle in the end and you should do whatever works best for you.
I would hate to be using this character incorrectly, so if going for the max damage is a better option, then I'll do so instead.

I agree with Jyakotu, most of the time my combo ender is one or two 6k depending of height, 6k2k. You barely lose any damage compared to other combos and you're at the right distance for 1) 1p for extra damage 2) dash 1k for force tech 3) if I expect wake up kick, back dash, avoid kick and 66k for run mixup

RenderingStar

Anyhow, has anybody found a set up that utilizes her new GB(I don't know the stance i think its Honoka stance for short) the one that leaves her +4??

RenderingStar

I should try to utilize running more. I just don't see a use for it honestly, unless your making a hard read such as trying to crush a low or w.e

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD