DOA5LR Honoka Reveal Trailer

Releasing a day earlier than its original January 15th reveal date (all in part to yesterday's scan/screenshot leaks), here is the official reveal trailer for Honoka, "a sweet, easygoing kind of girl," Koei Tecmo subtly points out.

Her fighting style looks strikingly similar to a few of the cast members, doesn't it? :eek:

Last edited:
Hello fans of DOA!

Did you know that if you complete her combo challenge, ALL your combo challenges are complete!

1287666826226.png

Last edited:
Honestly, even though her fighting style is basically just copied and pasted from other characters, I still like her. I will definitely be using her when Last Round is released. She looks like so much fun to play, and I will get to do some cool moves I like from characters I can't play. For example Hitomi, Leifang, Bass, Jann Lee, Kokoro and Brad Wong.

Got to reiterate my point from the other thread.
Really disappointed by Honoka. She looks good but why make her a clone character when we just got Raidou for that job. What a shame that neither of the new characters are ACTUALLY NEW. I don't understand why they would bother making a new unique character from scratch and not give her a unique move set. It just seems to me by adding two characters who use some of the casts most iconic moves it just makes the rest of the cast a little less unique. I understand why they did this with Raidou but Honoka really deserved her own move set.

Wow, when I saw you write she copied moves I was like "oh rats, clone inc.". Then when I saw how it ended up looking: "Hey, this could work!" Will clearly be playing her and Radio (ops) at launch!

"You're telling me scientists slaved away at making clones and following through with experiments, fiddling with DNA from all the greatest fighters in the known universe for genetic-modification perfection in order to create THE MOST POWERFUL FIGHTER IN THE WORLD just to be trounced by some random japanese girl that is able to mimic all the moves she sees perfectly like a damn Sharingan from Naruto!?"
-
CDL on Honoka's explanation for having everyones' moves.

To be fair I think it was good that Marie Rose has someone to play tag with now (though they should probably balance that shi, but I digress), though that could have been easily fixed by expanding the tag throws combinations, which makes everyone happy as you can't have too many tag throw combinations/intros between characters. JUST SAYIN' TEAM NINJA.

From the description on Team NINJA's YouTube video of the trailer:

Honoka Profile]
Having been raised all her life by her gentle and loving grandmother, Honoka is a sweet, easygoing kind of girl... but when she sees a fight, she cannot contain her excitement, nor the mysterious power surging within her. The truth is, Honoka has this strange knack for instantly learning any fighting move she sees. She's never told anyone about her power, but has been itching to test it out in secret...

[Fighting Style]
Honoka takes her favorite moves copied from various sources and fighting styles, and combines them into a unique style which she calls "Honoka Fu". Since her physical condition is that of an average teenage girl, her moves may not always have the same power or reach as the fighter she learned them from. In her Hissatsu-no-Kamae stance, however, she is imbued with an unbelievable strength and becomes capable of techniques she has never seen from any other fighter.

[Fighting Style]
Honoka takes her favorite moves copied from various sources and fighting styles, and combines them into a unique style which she calls "Honoka Fu". Since her physical condition is that of an average teenage girl, her moves may not always have the same power or reach as the fighter she learned them from. In her Hissatsu-no-Kamae stance, however, she is imbued with an unbelievable strength and becomes capable of techniques she has never seen from any other fighter.

You know, this makes her the first REAL Jeet Kune Do fighter in a video game. Unfortunately, she's disgusting, and a salad.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD