Honoka's beginner guide(WIP)

ErickBello

I'm dying to see the salad made of frame data that she has.
And I got the feeling that 4H+K ~ K 4K 2P+K46P will not hit on heavyweights.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Honoka's fighting style seems to emphasize heavy mix up game. Then again, the whole point of DOA is to mix up your play style. Honoka seems to be a culmination of what DOA is about: mix up. The way it's looking, she'll definitely be either top tier or upper mid tier.

Jaguar360

She has B.U.R.S.T. without the bound against the floor right? Or is that another move? I know it's one of alpha's moves though.
None of her moves are Alpha's at all. Perhaps you're confusing it with the first part of Raidou's Underworld drop throw?
5:25
0:22

Woozy

I'm really curious about how she'll place on the tiers. Hopefully she's not too high, so we don't get tier-whores just picking her because everyone says she's good. Not that tiers really matter in DoA, but still, I'd rather not be bunched with those people.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'm really curious about how she'll place on the tiers. Hopefully she's not too high, so we don't get tier-whores just picking her because everyone says she's good. Not that tiers really matter in DoA, but still, I'd rather not be bunched with those people.

I don't know about tiers, but if they're anything to go by, America is dominated by cheap characters on the top and the technical ones are only used by a handful of people.

RoboJoe

It's hard to say that America is dominated by any one character. There's only a small handful of people who consistently win tournaments. It only looks like Christie or Helena win all the time because doa has no new blood to dethrone the current champs.

Nuke-Nin

I hope to see a note of how canceling out of her DH stance is her bset mixup, or how the HNK T is viable but other wise can't wait to see this beauty finished/filled

Nuke-Nin

Either PPK or PP4K leadas into it, as well as 3K her few options from her DH stance are the Punch sit down stun, the H+K jumping kick 4K and I regular K i believe right?

well the stun is deep enough you can press block to exit her stance and they'll still be in the stun meaning you can go for a grab, a launcher, or try to deepen the stun

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD