DOA5LR Hoping to master Eliot.

Eh ._.

I'm not really a new player, I started on DoA 4 with Eliot as my main with some Brad and Christie on the side, I reached A rank possibly S not too sure so I had a fair grasp of the game, (though all I played with were A ranks so I probably got boosts of XP when I got lucky >>). However I stopped playing as much and consequently lost a large portion of my skill at the game.

Come DoA 5 the vanilla version, I jumped back on but didn't take it nearly as serious as DoA 4, didn't really play it too long and moved on. Now with DoA5: LR I really want to push myself at the game, mainly because I played Injustice and loved figuring out combos and want recreate that in DoA... but uh, I'm bad xD, Injustice was fair easier for creating combos/juggles and coming to DoA I honestly can only do incredibly basic moves, I can't even get his :P::P::4::6::P: correct at all.

I'd like to ask some Eliot gurus what moves of his are good for starting a combo? And if anyone could give me "starter" combos I'd really appreciate it, I will read through the guide by iThe Apprentice as well, I was just hoping to get a few quick tips here that I could use in-game to better myself for the moment, then I'd get a lot more advanced in the future.

If I've posted this thread in the wrong place feel free to move it, I'm new here and sorry if it's wrong ; ;.

iThe Apprentice

I'd be glad to help out a fellow Eliot in dire need of saving.
Some of his good combo starters are definitely :8::P::~::6::6::P::~::3::K::P: & :9::P::P::P:
I guess his best asset would have to be his range game. Start off with that and tell me how it goes

Eh ._.

I'd be glad to help out a fellow Eliot in dire need of saving.
Some of his good combo starters are definitely :8::P::~::6::6::P::~::3::K::P: & :9::P::P::P:
I guess his best asset would have to be his range game. Start off with that and tell me how it goes

Thanks for the tips, I've been experimenting and have been able to pull off a few combos with your suggestions.

:3::K::P:, :1::K::P:, :1::P::+::K:, :8::K:, :4::P::P::P::P::P: or :4::6::P: (Depending on if I hit it.). Damage 100-104.

:8::P:, :3::K::P:, :1::P::+::K:, :8::K:, :4::P::P::P::P::P: or :4::6::P: (Depending on if I hit it.). Damage 93-97.

I also pulled off more but these were my highest damaging ones, even higher if I did his Power Blow. I also had a look through your guide for him and it was a very good read, the input difficulties is something I have because I keep thinking the enemy'll hit the ground before I can pause just enough to do :4::6::P:. I'm also going to try and incorporate his :236::F: if I can do.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
For the 46P enders, you really just need to buffer the first few punches (like 6PP) then do 46P when you see the last one hit. As long as you don't buffer an extra P, you should get it.

Instead of practicing setups to 1P+K, it's better to do singular strikes during stun so that you can bait a hold and use his throws. If they don't hold and you happen to be in the damage range to critical burst, then you go for it. It doesn't need to be your goal. His throws are very good. 214T and 2T lets you do significant damage while keeping advantage and 236T does a lot of damage. Good moves to use during stun are P/8P, 1K, 3P, and 66K. Gimmicky stuff like 1P (slight delay) 214T/236T is also fairly hard to see for people not use to it. Most of your gameplan, though, should be to interrupt strings (like between the two hits of Gen Fu 3PP) with 7P, parry stuff with 3H, and to block until you have advantage.

3KP is not terrible, but it's almost completely unusable against people who know Eliot (probably only other Eliot players :v) except as a bait for a hold with just 3K.

His ranged tools are good, but they are reactable and someone who's used to playing against him will definitely do so.

Eh ._.

For the 46P enders, you really just need to buffer the first few punches (like 6PP) then do 46P when you see the last one hit. As long as you don't buffer an extra P, you should get it.

Instead of practicing setups to 1P+K, it's better to do singular strikes during stun so that you can bait a hold and use his throws. If they don't hold and you happen to be in the damage range to critical burst, then you go for it. It doesn't need to be your goal. His throws are very good. 214T and 2T lets you do significant damage while keeping advantage and 236T does a lot of damage. Good moves to use during stun are P/8P, 1K, 3P, and 66K. Gimmicky stuff like 1P (slight delay) 214T/236T is also fairly hard to see for people not use to it. Most of your gameplan, though, should be to interrupt strings (like between the two hits of Gen Fu 3PP) with 7P, parry stuff with 3H, and to block until you have advantage.

3KP is not terrible, but it's almost completely unusable against people who know Eliot (probably only other Eliot players :v) except as a bait for a hold with just 3K.

His ranged tools are good, but they are reactable and someone who's used to playing against him will definitely do so.

Thanks for the tips also, I went into practice to try and incorporate them as I played against the level 8 AI, trying to block and interrupt a string with 7P proved effective, I would assume though that online people would probably be a bit easier to catch with it seeing how psychic the AI was at times.

I also practiced using the 214T and 236T after I tried baiting a hold with 3K, the tools in free training are quite helpful for setting up that scenario actually, I'll also practice baiting my opponent in other ways later when I play with a friend. I'll try using 66K and the other moves you mentioned to vary my gameplay as well.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
A fun game with Eliot is seeing how many times you can 214T them in a row in the last round after conditioning them to block after it. My record is 5. Bad players will mash after the first one, good players will mash after the third. People who know what you're doing will HiCH launch you. :v

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Eliot is a defensive character. You'll be blocking. A lot. I like to hit low and delay string a lot. My game plan with Eliot is to get my opponents to hold after I delay a string so I can throw them. He has good throw damage on Hi Counter.

Eh ._.

Honestly, thanks for all the tips, I've been hard at work fighting people online and going against the lv8 AI and I feel I've improved immensely thanks to the tips I've received here!

And I've gotten better at his 46P.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Buffering the hits and then doing the 46P does help. Once you get the rhythm, you'll be able to pull it off consistently in actual matches.

Lulu

If you want to perform Eliot's 46P Ender then my lil trick is to dial in whatever string it is leading up to it like as fast as possible then I'l have enough time to put in 46P in the end clearly and concisely....

As an Injustice veteran this should be a piece of cake for you, that game's combos were dialed in.

If its PPP 46P then just just just do the PPP part lightning fast and you'l have enough time put in 46 P.

And now for the down side.... if you use completed strings like this you are going to get held more times than a cute puppy.... this method works best for Juggles and BT opponents... I hope it helps as a stepping stone until you latch onto a better technique, my method is tempoary at best.

LOL, I didn't notice 2 people already gave you this advice.... so embarrasing. :{

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD