Horizon Zero Dawn

MeadowSpirit

An E3 reveal of the DLC expansion is what I'm expecting too, and I must confess that I'll buy it in a nanosecond! I adore this game, one of my favorite games of all time.
Horizon_Zero_Dawn_20170401221553.jpg
I've done everything except a couple of (pain in the ass) Blazing Suns at the Hunting Grounds, but I was very reluctant to stop! Nioh, Nier Automata, and Persona 5 were entirely neglected until yesterday.

P.S. I tried to post some of my photos, but it only seems to want to attach thumbnails, IMG files, or links, not the actual image. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Jadeinchains

Yeah I got so addicted to playing it too, I've done pretty much everything to do now so I'm just waiting on some kind of reveal for the expansion.

MeadowSpirit

Just a heads up for everyone who didn't know, Horizon Zero Dawn now has a new game + mode and an ultra difficulty mode. O:

Also, badass gif:

tounlKc.gif
New trophies for completing the game on this insane difficulty too - trophies I'll never get. :( Fighting a corrupted Thunderjaw was tough on NORMAL difficulty! I can't imagine what it's like on Ultra Hard.

Argentus

In what way does it look boring to play?

it looks like every other free roam game out there, nothing about it actually stands out that ive seen, aside from the graphics. its Crysis all over again.

just, nothing that ive seen caught my interest in any way, like with Witcher 3.

At first, i thought maybe the giant robot fights would be like shadow of the colossus style where you could climb them, and thought that mightve been interesting, but you all said that's not the case, so eh.

not saying the game looks bad by any means, just looked kinda standard and not worth 60 bucks for me. other games i'm way more interested in to spend time and money on one that i'm not.

Jadeinchains

it looks like every other free roam game out there, nothing about it actually stands out that ive seen, aside from the graphics. its Crysis all over again.

just, nothing that ive seen caught my interest in any way, like with Witcher 3.

Wow. It's really cool at times, There isn't constant climbing robots or anything but the fights are always fun, Barely jumping out of the way as a thunder jaw slams into the rocks behind you completely destroying them is a cool sight. The story and characters are awesome too. I can't really say much for it looking like other free roam games because it's good regardless.

...And witcher 3 never catching your interest, you never played more of Witcher 3 I'm guessing?

Argentus

Wow. It's really cool at times, There isn't constant climbing robots or anything but the fights are always fun, Barely jumping out of the way as a thunder jaw slams into the rocks behind you completely destroying them is a cool sight. The story and characters are awesome too. I can't really say much for it looking like other free roam games because it's good regardless.

...And witcher 3 never catching your interest, you never played more of Witcher 3 I'm guessing?

nah, i popped it in once again a while back but couldn't get into it.

MeadowSpirit

I agree. Horizon is just an awesome game, with some of the best and most satisfying combat I've ever experienced in a videogame. Going forward, any game with bow and arrow combat that doesn't feel exactly like Horizon will be outdated and just wrong. Please developers, put your pride away and just copy that shit. :)

The Spine

The game is simple and straight forward, which is exactly what I want from a game nowadays. It's just a solid game and understands what it's trying to accomplish. It's short (~28 hours on hard mode, first play through) and polished. Easily my second favorite game.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
In a couple of months the first DLC expansion Frozen Wilds with a completely new region will release. Here is a first glimpse of how we will be able to get there. The entrance is already existing in the current game:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Frozen Wilds announced to release November 7th. It's 14.99$/€ if you preorder it and 19.99$/€ if you buy it at/after release.

Here's the release date announcement trailer:

Set in icy territories to the north, this new chapter of Aloy’s journey adds a new area to explore, new mysteries to uncover and new, highly lethal machines to take on.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
A Complete Edition for Horizon Zero Dawn has just been announced!

DLTkQt0WkAAnR2A.jpg

The Complete Edition launches December 5th for $/€ 49.99. It includes The Frozen Wilds & all Digital Deluxe content.

I don't really know what to think about this... :/ The Cover art is beautiful though.
I guess that also means that Frozen Wilds will be the only and last expansion for the game. :(

Jadeinchains

A Complete Edition for Horizon Zero Dawn has just been announced!

DLTkQt0WkAAnR2A.jpg

The Complete Edition launches December 5th for $/€ 49.99. It includes The Frozen Wilds & all Digital Deluxe content.

I don't really know what to think about this... :/ The Cover art is beautiful though.
I guess that also means that Frozen Wilds will be the only and last expansion for the game. :(

I guess that's good for people who are thinking of getting it. I wasn't expecting anymore expansions after the Frozen Wilds ( And I'm not totally set on the frozen wilds either ) so I don't mind that much with it being the only one. The cover art is really beautiful though. The double thunderjaws too omg! :eek:

ShinobiGuy

Wasn't it supposed to come in December? The expansion that is. Probably a filler date. I got it preordered (as always) but I actually just stopped playing the game halfway in. Don't know why... have to get back into it.

Chapstick

Wasn't it supposed to come in December? The expansion that is. Probably a filler date. I got it preordered (as always) but I actually just stopped playing the game halfway in. Don't know why... have to get back into it.
November 7th or something like that

HajinMonSect

tenor.gif

Look what you just made me do?! D:

Nothing against the game, I love it. I think the best part was hunting and finding multiple ways to kill animals but without a level cap increase and more skills I'll probably pass on frozen wild for now and pick it up at a discounted price. I don't know I just lose excitement once I start getting exp and its wasted. I loved playing and hunting so much I actually hit 50 pretty early on. After doing a few things, I just completed the story since sidequest actually no longer rewarded me with anything at all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD