Horizon Zero Dawn

Lulu

Nothing against the game, I love it. I think the best part was hunting and finding multiple ways to kill animals but without a level cap increase and more skills I'll probably pass on frozen wild for now and pick it up at a discounted price. I don't know I just lose excitement once I start getting exp and its wasted. I loved playing and hunting so much I actually hit 50 pretty early on. After doing a few things, I just completed the story since sidequest actually no longer rewarded me with anything at all.

That is... uhm.... a unique perspective thats new to me.

I've always been under the impression that Levelling Up and Grinding is something nobody actually enjoyed but at the same time nobody really minded having it there.

So its weird for me to hear someone actually wanting to Leveling Up even harder.

I personally can't stand it. I'm with @Argentus . It seems like a Good Game jam packed with a Whole lotta Junk. Kinda like the Witcher 3.

I mean all the signs are there:
1) It's Open World (Because everybody else is doing it... dat 8th Gen POWA!!! )
2) Its over 20 Hours Long (Does it actually Have that much content ?)
3) and ofcourse its got the time honored RPG Elements nobody asked for but threw in anyways type of design we've been getting since 2006.

I have two friends who would go crazy excited over a check list like that but I literally don't have time any more. Actually I do... but thats not the point.

HajinMonSect

Well..err...neww..err.. to you. You're talking to the wrong people if you never met anyone that liked leveling and gaining new skills in rpgs arpgs and even shooter rpgs like borderlands. yeah, leveling only exists as a burden to players... ok.

Lulu

LoL... actually Its not that I'm talking to the wrong people so much as I have no one to talk to about this stuff.

Hence why I find it so confusing.

Nobody talks about it, that would take up too much time....time that could be spent crafting that awsome new Chest Piece to replace your old chest piece.

MeadowSpirit

Really beautiful box art! Almost tempted to give my vanilla copy to my brother and buy the Complete Edition. I really frickin adore this game!

I wonder if they'll begin on Horizon 2 next, or make another Killzone as a breather. Not sure.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Horizon Zero Dawn's expansion The Frozen Wilds got a beautiful, new environment trailer:

4xnyRgg.gif

YH2aalD.gif

Imo still the visually most stunning open world game. O: I'm playing the Pro enhanced version of The Witcher 3 right now and while it looks considerably better now it doesn't even come to close to what the PS4 and PS4 Pro are able to render in Horizon Zero Dawn. I hope more studios will license the Decima engine apart from Hideo Kojima for Death Stranding and the Until Dawn developers.

I wonder if they'll begin on Horizon 2 next, or make another Killzone as a breather. Not sure.

Everyone highly doubts that they will go back to Killzone after the immense success (both critically and financially) that Horizon garnered. Horizon is now one of the top IPs of Sony, next to Uncharted and God of War.

Edit: Oops, this was supposed to go in the graphics thread. XD

Last edited:

ShinobiGuy

Was hoping @Tyaren would have something to say about my awesome Hellblade pics, so I could post some more :p. But I'll put a few HZD here.
Funny thing is, I finished the game this Friday after about 40 hours of gameplay, then started New Game + and was back to the last mission after maybe 6 hours? It's quicker when you have the hang of it. Also this is New Game+ done right. You are stronger, game is easier. None of this more challenging BS.

37001039954_7982ee3706_k.jpg

37001041464_33cb08a8b0_k.jpg
37662153816_28ede19f41_k.jpg

37662169156_59a76eba03_k.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Cool pictures! :) I really like the funny one of Aloy and the guard. I never once used the different impressions or poses Aloy can make when I was taking photos, lol. But it is cool they are there nontheless.

I'm really thrilled for the expansion. I think it is going to be more extensive than people think right now. Guerrilla Games/Sony is so going to at least try to reach the Witcher 3 expansions with this. That's what they want Horizon Zero Dawn to be after all, a Witcher 3 successor. Imo they didn't fully manage do that... For that they have to seriously improve sidequesting and overal quantity of content in the game, while keeping the quality.

ShinobiGuy

Thanks, I only today remembered they were added. Quite a lot. Makes picture taking more fun. I`ve been trying some different ones.
I really hope the expansion will be quite big. Even though it is already quite a big game, it doesn't feel anywhere near as big as the Witcher. I would love for the sequel to try and rival the greatness of that.

37662158636_9c470ca43d_k.jpg
37662167336_c1eb3ed765_k.jpg

37040382483_6e369288b2_k.jpg
37040378973_5b576330f0_k.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Awesome news regarding the Frozen Wilds expansion:

- It will add about 15 hours of additional gameplay. That includes a new main story line, side quests, side activities and collectibles.
- A big, new region to explore is added.
- New enemy machines are added, like the "Scorcher", who looks like a giant wild dog or wolf.
- A new "Traveler" skill tree is added.
- Quests will have better rewards, like special weapons or costumes.
- Side activities from the main game return, but with a little twist this time.
- Motion capture and camera work in dialogues with NPCs are improved.
- Snow gets some nice new effects, like sparkling in the sun as well as deformation.
- Water has upgraded shader effects.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2017/10...orizon-zero-dawns-the-frozen-wilds-expansion/
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...zen-wilds-dlc-definitely-isnt-endgame-content

HZD-Frozen-IL2.jpg

HZD-Frozen-IL1.jpg

Scorcher enemy trailer:

Awesome! And look at that beautiful snow deformation.
@Jadeinchains, aren't that the most beautiful snow trails that you've ever seen? :D

Overall this expansion seems to be even bigger and better than I expected! I knew they were trying to reach The Witcher 3's fantastic expansions in size and quality, but this still surprises me.
This game keeps on getting better and better.

@Chapstick, @ShinobiGuy

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Seeing as I had a change of heart buying this game the first time (Yakuza Zero seduced me) I'll probably get the Complete Edition the game interests me and the slightly cheaper price point + the dlc is very tempting.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Tomorrow the expansion is out! :D (You can preload it right now.) Playstation Access talks about what to expect:

Jadeinchains

I've been getting drawn back into getting this expansion just from seeing trailers now that it's getting really close to release so I might actually get this tomorrow since I loved the original game, Also I'll probably be taking lots of pictures like in the original! :D

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I've been getting drawn back into getting this expansion just from seeing trailers now that it's getting really close to release so I might actually get this tomorrow since I loved the original game, Also I'll probably be taking lots of pictures like in the original! :D

12989931.gif

In less than an hour the review embargo lifts though and the first reviews will drop. Let's see how good this expansion actually is. It could be trash, lol.
I bought and predownloaded it earlier today anway. XD

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

What a badass! O:

YyJmckL.gif

Which armor is that by the way? I need that one.

Wow that looks amazing, I actually don't remember you being able to get makeup? It looks really good though, And I love that armour, That's the one I got too, I got it at the town in the frozen wilds place.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow that looks amazing, I actually don't remember you being able to get makeup? It looks really good though, And I love that armour, That's the one I got too, I got it at the town in the frozen wilds place.

You unlock face paint and makeup in or after NG+.
Oh, I haven't bought any of the new stuff in The Frozen Wilds yet. To be perfectly honest, I in general haven't done much stuff there yet, lol. I'm just running around and soaking in the scenery. And boy what a scenery...

38215391762_0da60aecac_o.png

38228330091_e39ec835f8_o.png

37536318674_8620dc3a4f_o.png

Chapstick

You have to clear the game on hard in ng+ to unlock face paints and the hardest difficulty to unlock all of them. I didn’t know that before googling it just now & thought I could unlock them all on hard ng+ which is what my current playthrough is. >> Would have started on the hardest otherwise.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
That's imo an insane precondition to get the face paints. I usually play games on normal or even easy mode (if I'm stuck). Hard or very hard modes, no way I'm subjecting myself to that kind of stress in my free time. XD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Good signs that Horizon Zero Dawn will rake in lots of awards in several upcoming game award shows. :)

At The Game Awards, the Academy Awards/Oscars of the video game world, it dominated together with Zelda Breath of the Wild in 6 award nominations.
It is nominated for:
- Game of the Year
- Best Game Direction
- Best Narrative
- Best Art Direction
- Best Performance
- Best Action Adventure

Let's see how this turns out. :) Zelda sure is a tough contender...
What do you say as someone who played both @Jadeinchains?

Just now on the Golden Joystick Awards Horizon won:
- Best Playstation Game
- Best breakthrough actor (Ashly Burch as Aloy)
- Best Storytelling

breathofflame34

Really beautiful box art! Almost tempted to give my vanilla copy to my brother and buy the Complete Edition. I really frickin adore this game!

If Shadowfall is an indication of what's to come, no thank yopu.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD