Horizon Zero Dawn

Jadeinchains

It really is deserved it being a hit so congrats to Guerrilla games! :D

And yeah I liked the trade towards other areas that agent shown since if they do a sequel its set up now. And it took me over 40hrs to complete the game so twice as long as FFXIII. And yeah thew game wasn't preachy about it or anything, Aloy just was a strong character regardless and it showed what she went through. I'd like to see her again if there's another one in the series.

Also for Elder scrolls I don't know cause I really like that series and have read a lot of the extra lore from Morrowind etc.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Chapstick

I do hope it's a new area tacked onto the current map. Whatever it is I'll more than likely be buying it lol.

In the meantime I hope they patch in a "buy multiple" option. I only ever run out of ridgewood and wire (I love precision arrows) and while there's an option to buy 200 ridgewood at once you have to buy wire one by one

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I only ever run out of ridgewood and wire (I love precision arrows) and while there's an option to buy 200 ridgewood at once you have to buy wire one by one

Really? XD I have like 2000 ridgewoods and hundreds of wires. Always had more than enough over the course of the game. But I was picking up stuff like crazy. I compulsively looted every single robot wreck that I caused or came across.

Jadeinchains

Same, I have to drop things because I'm carrying so much and have lots of the ridgewood stuff. But will there be a season pass then or will this be the only piece of dlc? Either way I'll probably be getting it too.

Chapstick

Really? XD I have like 2000 ridgewoods and hundreds of wires. Always had more than enough over the course of the game. But I was picking up stuff like crazy. I compulsively looted every single robot wreck that I caused or came across.
6 precision arrows take 10 ridgewood and 5 wires (50 ridgewood and 25 wires for a full quiver) and for a majority of the game they're what I was using. Tearblast arrows also take 10 ridgewood for 6 iirc and I use those like crazy too vs the bigger stuff.

I always have an overabundance of chillwater and sparkers though, I'm constantly selling those

Jadeinchains

I always just used the normal default arrows and fire arrows, then I had the ropecaster and the tearblaster weapon and... I can't remember the other one... What was it?! Either way I managed to do good with using that.

Edit: Blast wire! :D

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Same, I have to drop things because I'm carrying so much and have lots of the ridgewood stuff. But will there be a season pass then or will this be the only piece of dlc? Either way I'll probably be getting it too.

I think they already said before game release that there won't be a season pass. Which I thought was a very positive thing to hear. Already selling season passes before a game is out sounds and feels shady to me. You can bet they cut out or leave out stuff that they could have added to the game by release.

Let's by the way have a couple more pretty screens. A page without pretty screens or gifs of Horizon is imo intolerable. D:

33320702642_3566f23ed6_o.png

33093319300_cfbe8bb4ae_o.png

33476752485_3cb97b3a00_o.png

32662688553_45f3f6d41e_o.png

Jadeinchains

I just found the glyph for the forbidden west! It seems like it would be China or Japan or something? It seems cool anyway.

Jadeinchains

Okay here's some pictures I've took finally since I haven't posted any yet! :D

TWB7hKw.jpg

nRAP8ns.jpg

The rest are in here!

ywcG21N.jpg

NqvAa1t.jpg

I took this when I first saw Meridian!

YVOrbxU.jpg

Kind of dark but I took this in the Nora area and you can actually see the spire in the background!

zuM1L98.jpg

I needed to take a picture of this once I knew it was that area you'd taken a picture of Tyaren! :D ( I soon fell to my death of the tentacle lol but I got down good the second time. )

vjf2vI1.jpg

Also I forgot to mention in my "kind of review" of the game but I also platinum'd it so now I'm just exploring more and looking for files.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay here's some pictures I've took finally since I haven't posted any yet! :D

TWB7hKw.jpg

nRAP8ns.jpg

The rest are in here!

ywcG21N.jpg

NqvAa1t.jpg

I took this when I first saw Meridian!

YVOrbxU.jpg

Kind of dark but I took this in the Nora area and you can actually see the spire in the background!

zuM1L98.jpg

I needed to take a picture of this once I knew it was that area you'd taken a picture of Tyaren! :D ( I soon fell to my death of the tentacle lol but I got down good the second time. )

vjf2vI1.jpg

Also I forgot to mention in my "kind of review" of the game but I also platinum'd it so now I'm just exploring more and looking for files.

Great photos, Jade! No clue why you are always so reluctant to take/share them. ;)
Eww...where did you find that ugly rock texture though? XD

The textures in the open world are surprisingly great in this game. In fact I don't know any other open world game with that constant texture quality.
Also, where's that "kind of review" you are talking about? O:

By the way, once Chappy is finished with the game I would suggest that we ditch the spoiler correctness and start openly talking about the game and its story here. When everyone wanted to talk about FFXV we did so very reluctantly and cautiously, because we feared we would spoiler many of the forumers that took ages to get or finish the game. Now that we could fully discuss it no one (including me honestly) cares about that anymore. It also doesn't seem as if too many beside us in this forum play or are planning to play Horizon. They are seriously missing out.

Last but not least, These are really great! :D

I really underutilized this fun way of taking out tougher enemies during my game time.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Great photos, Jade! No clue why you are always so reluctant to take/share them. ;)
Eww...where did you find that ugly rock texture though? XD

The textures in the open world are surprisingly great in this game. In fact I don't know any other open world game with that constant texture quality.
Also, where's that "kind of review" you are talking about? O:

By the way, once Chappy is finished with the game I would suggest that we ditch the spoiler correctness and start openly talking about the game and its story here. When everyone wanted to talk about FFXV we did so very reluctantly and cautiously, because we feared we would spoiler many of the forumers that took ages to get or finish the game. Now that we could fully discuss it no one (including me honestly) cares about that anymore. It also doesn't seem as if too many beside us in this forum play or are planning to play Horizon. They are seriously missing out.

Last but not least, These are really great! :D

I really underutilized this fun way of taking out tougher enemies during my game time.

Thanks! :D I'll try to take more while I'm looking for the other world lore files, There's endless photo ops in this game. And lol yeah if it's the one I think your talking about the rock texture is actually a plane wing. I found a crashed plane stuck in between to cliffs in the lower left corner of the Nora area. But yeah There's really no bad texture I have found In this game. The kind of review was on the last page but it's more just random thoughts after completing it! XD

Also If you want to see something really weird while in the devil's knife ruins ( I've forgot it's name ) I swam East of it into the ocean and saw a big pink screen with static all over it that obviously wasn't meant to be there.

And yeah even now months after FFXV has came out I still am careful with spoilers In case someone's not completed it and don't talk about the story as much as we should have, So yeah once Chapsticks done with the story I think it would be safe to talk about spoilers!

It was only recently that I started using the whole mind control robot thing, I used it on a thunderjaw to help take down another thunderjaw and they actually have animations for them fighting each other!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So, I was lurking in some other forums and the topic of "sexual agency" in games and especially Horizon came up. I was very surprised many people actually felt that it was apparently unrealistic, that Aloy didn't really flirt or even slept with any of the guys that she came in contact with during the course of her journey. Some argued that it was sorely missing in the game.
What?!
First of all, and I mentioned this before, I thought exactly that lack of a love interest made her an especially strong and determined female character. She had her focus (literally) and she didn't fuck around (also literally ;)).
Aloy also was an outcast all her life. She lived a secluded live and if she came across someone they weren't allowed to speak or even look at her. The only man around her was Rost, a father figure. This girl never had any contact with romance or any desires for romance. For the simple reason that no boy ever was around her to develop such desires. In one quest she even admits to a girl that she never romantically loved someone before. Now, at a point when her whole life suddenly goes up in flames and she has this huge burdon upon her shoulders, she all of a sudden should develop a romantic interest in the next best guy she comes across? That's imo rather unrealistic.
There were actually a couple of guys who tried flirting with Aloy: Erend and Avad. She shot both down mercilessly. Not just because she was not interested right now and had other things on her mind, but also because I genuinely think she had no clue what these guys even wanted from her. How would she know?
And as I said, I actually liked that about her.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

... *sigh* people confuse me sometimes, She's a tribal outcast that's spoke to only one person the majority of her life and that person is her father figure. She didn't find the Kama sutra or something among the ruins either I'm sure. Not to mention not everybody cares about romance. then add on top of that the fact that she's got a mission she's on and there isn't much space for "Hi lets go on a date" with the other characters. I noticed the potential flirting with Avad, I feel like he had feelings for her, And maybe Aloy had feelings for him but she was definitely too busy to do anything.

PS: If I was in Aloy's position and Erend did anything to so much as hint at romance I'd be thirsty as hell and not from the hours long trek through a desert to get to Meridian.

Chapstick

She seemed to have a bit of flirtation with Varl too. Curious why someone who's trying to figure out who they are and save the world needs to sleep with anyone in the like less than 2 weeks the game's story timeline spans.

Just about all the "sjw propaganda" claims I've seen made against this game are all completely wrong and these people must be straining themselves reaching so hard. I see people call it a feminist game too and the only "feminist" thing I saw in the entire game was Aloy asking that sun priest if there'd ever be a sun queen. There was also that side quest where the Oseram lady said the Oseram believe women belong in homemaker roles but that's about it. People claim it's feminist because it's a female lead and there are female characters who are all getting stuff done while the men do possibly less but I think that just shows how oversensitive they are. :/ One game out of thousands where the women do more than men and it's a feminist game? Does that make Senran Kagura a feminist game?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
about all the "sjw propaganda" claims I've seen made against this game are all completely wrong and these people must be straining themselves reaching so hard. I see people call it a feminist game too and the only "feminist" thing I saw in the entire game was Aloy asking that sun priest if there'd ever be a sun queen. There was also that side quest where the Oseram lady said the Oseram believe women belong in homemaker roles but that's about it. People claim it's feminist because it's a female lead and there are female characters who are all getting stuff done while the men do possibly less but I think that just shows how oversensitive they are. :/ One game out of thousands where the women do more than men and it's a feminist game? Does that make Senran Kagura a feminist game?

Yeah, that alleged feminist agenda of the game... *sigh*
Some people were even complaining that the game was too unrealistically diverse in races. That there are equally as many black or mixed or Asian people as white people apparently also is part of some hidden agenda.

Omg stop with that gif! XD

I actually came to like that gif and I even think her expression is spot on. XD She is supposed to look terribly confused, right?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD