Horizon Zero Dawn

Tyaren

Standard Donor
N8JA0Bi.png

Ted must be the biggest asshole in the universe! D:

Jadeinchains

So If everyone's completed the game who posts in this thread are we free to do a cross examination on just how much of a complete asshole he is?

Chapstick

I've never really seen pictures of the real location this game takes place in so I think it'd be fun to post some of the ones I've just found with a quick google search

the location being Colorado Springs and Denver

ColoradoSprings_garden.jpg

Natural1_GoG_ExpCoS_PR.jpg

ColoradoSprings_Airforce.jpg

^This building's actually in the game

Jadeinchains

I've never really seen pictures of the real location this game takes place in so I think it'd be fun to post some of the ones I've just found with a quick google search

the location being Colorado Springs and Denver

ColoradoSprings_garden.jpg

Natural1_GoG_ExpCoS_PR.jpg

ColoradoSprings_Airforce.jpg

^This building's actually in the game

mfw I spent the whole game thinking it was the Nevada desert lol! XD

33364479691_c173b8de38_o.png

This is a monument in Colorado too:

2866499-06+-+w6bdroc.jpg

Aww, I loved broke back mountain!

Also getting onto story though I'll keep it in spoilers just this once -

If it wasn't bad enough that his robots destroyed the earth he had to then go and destroy all the knowledge of the past world... What an asshole.

Chapstick

Yeah I'm not sure if he wanted to stop mankind from repeating its (his) mistakes or finding out he was the one who fucked over the world and remembering him forever as that asshole.

And don't forget he directly killed like 8 people in that one scene. Killing billions indirectly was an accident but he killed the Alphas on purpose

Jadeinchains

Wait, has that monument to do something with Broke Back Mountain? XD

No don't worry lol! XD

Yeah I'm not sure if he wanted to stop mankind from repeating its (his) mistakes or finding out he was the one who fucked over the world and remembering him forever as that asshole.

And don't forget he directly killed like 8 people in that one scene. Killing billions indirectly was an accident but he killed the Alphas on purpose

Yeah that scene was sad, first of all the woman who'd spent all that time creating apollo was so sad about it being purged and then for him to go and kill them all. ( Also I read a file about how the machines were feeding on creatures. )

ShinobiGuy

@Chapstick thanks for thinking of me. I basically today started playing for real and just became a seeker so will be awhile before I finish. I actually check the forum almost every day, I'm just a silent guy. Should try to be more active writing too, I enjoy this place.
But discuss away and I'll just be more careful checking here for a while until I catch up more.

Jadeinchains

I've been hunting for the date files on the world and -

The "die off" as been mentioned a couple of times, I wonder what that could have been? It talks about how it brought plagues with it.

Edit: I read more and apparently it was when the water rised and killed a lot of people and then a famine happened probably from so much harvesting ground being covered.

Edit: I've read more and the odyssey project was a project from 5 countries. U.S, Western European Alliance, India, China and Japan. It seems all of western Europe became one country.

Last edited:

Chapstick

They finally patched in the ability to buy multiple items

pJXWy.gif

Edit- here are the patch notes

-added press and hold x multiple buy option
-added invert x axis option
-"item economy adjustments" (could be good or bad)
-adjustments to human and robot AI
-facial animation improvements in conversations (this was something that bugged me in the game where a character's eyebrows would twitch like crazy as they talked)
-fix for game issues after playing over 200 hours
-progression & crash fixes
-general improvements

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

They finally patched in the ability to buy multiple items

pJXWy.gif

Edit- here are the patch notes

-added press and hold x multiple buy option
-added invert x axis option
-"item economy adjustments" (could be good or bad)
-adjustments to human and robot AI
-facial animation improvements in conversations (this was something that bugged me in the game where a character's eyebrows would twitch like crazy as they talked)
-fix for game issues after playing over 200 hours
-progression & crash fixes
-general improvements

Amen and lol at the gif usage! XD, That was annoying me too when I went to buy blaze and had to do it one by one and just got 8. ( I keep running out of it ) I managed to get every file in the game so I feel like I'm ready for the expansion now.

ShinobiGuy

I just did my first cauldron. Such a lovely game! I've taken a ton of pics, but didn't manage to get my old memory stick to work, I'll have to get a new one.

Jadeinchains

Great pictures, I decided to take some more pictures too! :D I'm happy with how these came out. @Tyaren you should post more pictures too, Now that I've been convinced to post more. :)

m7kZlSF.jpg

hKDWVZf.jpg

Db5DGWu.jpg

jGfNXLh.jpg

nYeQMfE.jpg

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Just beat the main story. I enjoyed the game a lot more than I had expected. Well worth the buy.

Edit: All I have left to Platinum the game is the one thing I hate to do in games. Collect every flower, cup, and figure, and I have two other extremely easy trophies that shouldn't take more than a couple minutes each to complete.
Dear Lord I hate collection trophies.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Nice to see they're still your friends despite being in the stages of trying to kill you, that's dedication.

I'll have to take more pictures the next time I play it, I wonder if at E3 they'll announce this expansion they plan? They can't announce it today or I'll be suspicious.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD