Characters How did everyone come up with their mains?

DoANoob

I think I'm still looking for a main, but I guess I chose Hitomi because she seemed more simpler to use. She's also kinda cute. Idrk tbh

Gurimmjaw

Well being a huge Bruce Lee fan I usually go for the Bruce Lee type characters though only ones I really use are Liu Kang from MK and Jann Lee from Dead or Alive. I originally didn't intend for Jann Lee to be my main. Was originally going to main Kasumi but she didn't work out at the time like I hoped since her style was all rushdown and I like those that can space really well. Thats when I went to Jann Lee.

Being my favorite character I tried out Jann Lee and he fit my style perfectly better than anybody else and I practically went through the whole roster who to see who fit me perfectly and whose style I loved. And Jann Lee's JKD style is perfect for me. Aside from gameplay and all I picked him cause he my favorite DoA character and I absolutely like his personality and especially his arrogance. I usually like characters like that and gets me more motivated to really learn them.

I use Kasumi too still since she has a different style than Jann Lee and always loved her style and been my favorite DoA female since I got into the series which was DoA3. Loved her caring personality. Im now comfortable with her unlike before when I first started out since she felt a bit weird to use at the time.

Last edited:

indieanimator

Tried out the whole cast, like other 2 & 3-D fighting games I play. My best characters are usually grapplers, but I had such a hard time winning w/ Bass & Leon, I didn't main either. I did put in the effort to get all Leon's combo challenges (so tough for me). Maybe it's an online thing & I'd main those two if I could find a local scene.

So I main Brad, LeiFang & Rachel because I like the characters, their movesets, and do the best with them.
LeiFang has been a fav since the first DOA.

Reactions: d3v

CFW

I didn't really like any of the DOA characters so when Ultimate was announced and them pictures of Rachel leaked she said to me "I am your main" then she mentally punched me in the face.

She's part of the trinty. Anna Ivy Rachel = ground stomp.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Cover guy in DOA1 PS1. I liked his look, and I was an "eeewwww girls" kid, at 3.
doa-ps1-pal.jpg

Reactions: YEH

Xernuht

In 5, I was pulled into the game (and the franchise by extension) by Mila. After messing around with the entire cast, I found some extra love for Hitomi's deathfists and Brad's drunken fist. I also picked up Ninja Gaiden, and after playing Sigma 2 and 3:RE, I grew to love Momiji as well. As such, I held out a bit of hope that she'd get into DOA6. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait that long, and her style grooved with me so well from Day 1.

Chapstick

Lessee I never played the original two DOA's and then the ones after them went exclusive to consoles I didn't have, but DOA5 caught my interest because I played 4 at a friend's and it was actually for a console I had. Also I was a lifelong VF player (VF1 was one of the first games I ever played) and seeing my main Pai in it was awesome.

Picked up the game on black friday when it was half off and started with Kasumi taking her into command training because she was first in the character select and such an iconic character for the series. I really liked her moveset, her look, and that glorious ponytail. I later picked up Leifang as well because I liked how she has something for every situation with sabakis, parries, unshu, and good crushes.

Pictured Mind

Lessee I never played the original two DOA's and then the ones after them went exclusive to consoles I didn't have, but DOA5 caught my interest because I played 4 at a friend's and it was actually for a console I had. Also I was a lifelong VF player (VF1 was one of the first games I ever played) and seeing my main Pai in it was awesome.

Picked up the game on black friday when it was half off and started with Kasumi taking her into command training because she was first in the character select and such an iconic character for the series. I really liked her moveset, her look, and that glorious ponytail. I later picked up Leifang as well because I liked how she has something for every situation with sabakis, parries, unshu, and good crushes.

"Glorious ponytail" got you a like.

JJpalmer

I bought a copy of 4 win i first bought my 360 since i love fighters and i think i tried for about 2 hrs of playing with kasumi to unlock everything and the CPU kept countering me i finally gave up and started playing with tina so she kinda stuck since the Ai liked to randomly counter and id just fling them across the screen for it

KingGhidorah

I've always shifted through characters like clockwork. Use to be all about that Helena/Ayane life, then later on (A couple days after my first offline event.) I started to mess around with Rachel again like I had my first time getting onto Ultimate, then something clicked, thus she became "The one" for myself followed by Nyo as a sub.

maxresdefault.jpg

Stomps all round'. <3

JJpalmer

I've always shifted through characters like clockwork. Use to be all about that Helena/Ayane life, then later on (A couple days after my first offline event.) I started to mess around with Rachel again like I had my first time getting onto Ultimate, then something clicked, thus she became "The one" for myself followed by Nyo as a sub.

maxresdefault.jpg

Stomps all round'. <3
i take it u play Ivy in SC if u play lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD