Characters How did everyone come up with their mains?

Darkappostle

I always enjoyed Kokoro's mechanics, and how fluid she looked while fighting, I picked her up and quickly got very comfortable playing her.

LabrysXII

Out of all the characters that interested me in Core Fighters, Kokoro seemed to be the most interesting (when she was available for free). So I decided to pick her up, and had a lot of fun using her. Though I still may have a long way to go with her, lol.

Dr Drake

Well I like Wrestling and I also love Blonde good looking girls. Very easy to choose my main.

But right now im looking forward to learn a new fighter

KwonJigglypuff

Felt in love with Helena in DOA2 when I was young, from the very first time I opened the game case : What I saw was a beautiful creature, with a heartwarming cleavage, soothing turquoise eyes and an amazing blonde ponytail. Then her story/cutscenes, her voice, her musical theme and her drama queen quotes moved me. I was so young and so innocent at the time (no sexuality, I was 10), I just found her very beautiful, theatrical and elegant.

And 13 years later she's still my first love. I never had this link with a character in any other game, apart from Princess Peach (Nintendo childhood), and Jigglypuff (real life's mascot, lol). The three of them form the Booby Triforce of Love.

DOA2 : glorious ponytail, amazing C2, epic cutscenes, opera moments
DOA5 : motherly personality, beautiful hips, magnifique face, wonderful moveset

But I think Helena was at her peak in DOA4's ending. Best moment of her career.

Last edited:

SurpriseSymphony

I picked Lei Fang because of her outfit.....but then..i heard her doa5 voice and i switched to Kokoro instantly, and I cant change to Japanese bc i hate Kokoro's Japanese voice T-T

Mayor-Of-Mustard

IDK I couldn't really play as anyone else well online. I occasionally play as Gen Fu and Rig too, but I win the most with Ayane.

Kohlrak

関西弁. In most games i like to japanese voices, and i always feel more at home with 関西弁. I had my street fighter main before Hakan, came out, though. Believe me, i'm working on him, though.

That said, my sub-main i'm putting more itme into, lately. Marie Rose i've liked because, not only is she annoying, but she is highly documented.

I still wish to make my own character, though. I want to make a *TRUE* Jeet Kune Do character. Jacky's close, but not close enough.

WAZAAAAA

bruceleesorprendido.jpg

Jann Lee in all DOA games, Dragon Kick your ass into the milky way, shout while doing it and taunt after success. DOA has the best Bruce Lee incarnation imo.
No matter how many characters I play, I always go back to him, he's the most fun to use and gives no fucks about game mechanics (unblockable attacks, offensive holds and other crazy shit).

Secondaries:
RtEtwjp7_6gB.jpg

Ryu Hayabusa is the coolest dude not just in DOA but in videogame history as well. No explanation required.

4GYkFocTSeIG.png

Tengu is so different from the typical DOA character. So fun to use. He has:
-A manly nose
-A manly beard
-A manly fan
-Manly wings
-Manly sandals
even though he's not a man lol
Tengu is:
-a boss character
-kind of a God
-1500 years old
-from another dimension
-extremely arrogant
-ugly
-playable even after his death (lol is there anyone's ass that 'busa didn't kick in the DOA universe?)
-loud as fuck (PUNY LITTLE INSECT)

Last edited:

One Green Flag

I used to always use Kasumi and Tina. Then when Ultimate came out I tried out Momiji & Mila. I am trying to get a lot better with Momiji & Nyo now, but want to work on Mila and Kasumi to get better with them. I used to get beat up a lot online but now I can hold my own in most matches with Momiji. I am not sure about trying ranked with anyone else.

I began with Kasumi, but because of her age not being shown, I had to use Hayate in DOA3, DOA4, DOA5 and DOA5 Ultimate. In DOAU, I used him as Ein, but I had to use Kasumi first.

Now my favorite tag team is Hitomi and Eliot.

Hayate, Kasumi and Hitomi X Eliot are my mains.

Kohlrak

I began with Kasumi, but because of her age not being shown, I had to use Hayate in DOA3, DOA4, DOA5 and DOA5 Ultimate. In DOAU, I used him as Ein, but I had to use Kasumi first.

Now my favorite tag team is Hitomi and Eliot.

Hayate, Kasumi and Hitomi X Eliot are my mains.

What do you mean about her age?

DyByHands

From my casual perspective, since DOA3 I have always played every character. If I must pick a main, it depends on which DOA is being played. 5-5U it's all Hitomi, she has my favorite launchers. And of course, any ninja because... It's a ninja.

Intelligent Alpha

From my casual perspective, since DOA3 I have always played every character. If I must pick a main, it depends on which DOA is being played. 5-5U it's all Hitomi, she has my favorite launchers. And of course, any ninja because... It's a ninja.

I thought it was because of the line said by Kasumi in story mode before the last fight happens! XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD