Characters How did everyone come up with their mains?

Boogie

my main has always been Christie because im always drawn to the sexually charged "evil" bitchy characters (tekken - anna, soul calibur - ivy, mortal kombat - mileena etc etc)

and then rig was announced and i was like holy shit he's hot and then his offical trailer released and i was like holy shit he's hot in motion and then he sorta looked like my boyfriend before the great beard movement so im like holy shit he's hot and then i played as him and he's so fast and i was like holy shit

and the rest was magic, now my mains are rig / christie / rachel

XxLovelessGirlxX

my main has always been Christie because im always drawn to the sexually charged "evil" bitchy characters (tekken - anna, soul calibur - ivy, mortal kombat - mileena etc etc)

and then rig was announced and i was like holy shit he's hot and then his offical trailer released and i was like holy shit he's hot in motion and then he sorta looked like my boyfriend before the great beard movement so im like holy shit he's hot and then i played as him and he's so fast and i was like holy shit

and the rest was magic, now my mains are rig / christie / rachel
Just LoL

WAZAAAAA

Mila Cheap? <_ < someone is definitely mistaken.
Mila never been cheap
72c.jpg

BlankOctober

Standard Donor
That was a bug in the game and yes that was cheap however
October was speaking in general as opposed to that incident... soooo

682119-its-funny-cuz-u-is-stupid.jpg
How long have you been in the FGC? Must not have been long because you don't get it. I will NEVER say a character is "cheap" unless they're complete ass. Mila is not. She is actually a pretty amazing character, I just don't want to inherit the stigma of being a "mashy Mila" because even SU would be called such. Basically, Cheap = Good. The other context, well that's just scrub talk. I don't like using characters that are that good for no reason, that's what I meant by her cheapness scaring me.

Intelligent Alpha

How long have you been in the FGC? Must not have been long because you don't get it. I will NEVER say a character is "cheap" unless they're complete ass. Mila is not. She is actually a pretty amazing character, I just don't want to inherit the stigma of being a "mashy Mila" because even SU would be called such. Basically, Cheap = Good. The other context, well that's just scrub talk. I don't like using characters that are that good for no reason, that's what I meant by her cheapness scaring me.

*Ahem* She'd like to have a few words with you! Just messin', Blank! XD

XxLovelessGirlxX

There is a noticeable difference from a mashy Mila and an Experienced one October if ppl are being addressed as mashy then there is probably a reason, whether the opposing player is a h8r or the Mila is in fact mashing. This applies to all characters in the game, if u fear characters that can be mashed and still be good then u should fear majority of the roster. one of the over powering elements of mashing is unpredictability or unfamiliarity especially if ur experienced and expect a particular level of skill. however u are entitled to ur opinion lets not just go around calling characters cheap unless its Genfu because no matter how u look at it he's broken...

Intelligent Alpha

There is a noticeable difference from a mashy Mila and an Experienced one October if ppl are being addressed as mashy then there is probably a reason, whether the opposing player is a h8r or the Mila is in fact mashing. This applies to all characters in the game, if u fear characters that can be mashed and still be good then u should fear majority of the roster. one of the over powering elements of mashing is unpredictability or unfamiliarity especially if ur experienced and expect a particular level of skill. however u are entitled to ur opinion lets not just go around calling characters cheap unless its Genfu because no matter how u look at it he's broken...

But wait! Let's not go around accusing this game as mash-friendly! That's one of the most ignorant statements you can make. If anything, this game is certainly spam-friendly! However, somehow the different types of spam are hard to distinguish - or are they?

Spamming to troll - everybody hates that - even the ones that do it in retaliation
Conditioning (aka spamming to the victim) - used to illicit a reaction (block or hold, please)
Guarantees - This I find absolutely hilarious - I condition like crazy, I guarantee as well. I use these two tactics in a tandem alot. Conditioning grants guarantees, at least for me - given who and how I play.

I hear all the time, how I mash, but I'm not the issue - it's my character! "If Burst/Rush don't happen, you're mashing!" yet, it's incredibly unfair since they are very advantageous (and disadvantageous) moves aka you can spam them all day to appear good! But again, the expectations are a big issue!! (Not everyone is Xblades)

You're absolutely right though, but Blank has a point, too!

Intelligent Alpha

Isn't the point of holding there to reduce spam? It's also what gives this game more realism than most other fighters.

Play me, you'll get what I'm saying!!

While it is true that the point of holds is to stop strikes - regardless if they are spammed - get this: holds are also spammed! Why? Nobody fears strikes. The only time they are feared or well used due to fear is when someone goes for a throw! (Provided your strike comes out before the throw animation starts.) Of course, you can throw tech or pull out a faster throw yourself, but that's too much!

Anybody seeing Alpha for the first time is going to spam holds like nobody's damn business because somebody said: "She's just gonna kick and punch all day long!" That very thing happens since Alpha decides to be mashy! Yet, she's very aware of what is happening; therefore, she slows down and baits them. Next match - Six rockets, it's over!

After the match, the loser complains about being thrown too much, but the mentality every time Alpha shows up: "She's nothing but strikes! I won't have an issue since I'm at the point I can catch everything!" Only to eat more rockets and a plethora of other throws!

The members I have played on here know I'm dead serious about throwing you! Don't hold - regardless of how much you think you'll catch cause I will catch on and you don't want me to (Offensive) Hold you!

This goes for every character since the triangle is left alone!

But this is the problem: how is defensive spamming not looked at! I did this when I first started playing and fucked up badly; however, even now, I still see more strikes instead of throws being utilized - even with the grapple characters and here I utilize a non-grappler as grappler or a quasi-grappler! I wish the strike-based characters would throw more!

I strike>you hold, but miss>I throw = I win, you lose! Respect the throw and even the least damaging one at that. If attackers slow down striking due to respecting the hold, the holder better respect the throw - especially if/when they're being setup by - you guessed it - strikes! (Utilize the poke game!)

But yes, you're right; however, strikes and/or holds aren't feared while respected; however, throws are feared, therefore, disrespected! See the conundrum?

Last edited:

Kohlrak

Play me, you'll get what I'm saying!!

While it is true that the point of holds is to stop strikes - regardless if they are spammed - get this: holds are also spammed! Why? Nobody fears strikes. The only time they are feared or well used due to fear is when someone goes for a throw! (Provided your strike comes out before the throw animation starts.) Of course, you can throw tech or pull out a faster throw yourself, but that's too much!

Well, most people fight the computer to learn how to play the game. Even the tutorial mode has you fighting the computer. What do we learn? Spam. Except when the computer has a really stupid AI that's really holdable, it's easily spammed against. Couple that with the fact that holds and throws have to be done intuitively since reaction time is impossible online, and what do you get? A bunch of people that only know strikes. People retaliate with hold spam, because they have no idea how to get out of it otherwise. Slow escape? Well, to do that, you actually have to know what you can slow escape, because you're better off low hold spamming to create that opening.

Anybody seeing Alpha for the first time is going to spam holds like nobody's damn business because somebody said: "She's just gonna kick and punch all day long!" That very thing happens since Alpha decides to be mashy! Yet, she's very aware of what is happening; therefore, she slows down and baits them. Next match - Six rockets, it's over!

Well, it's usually true. Especially since alpha is not something you see alot, so you're going to get people that go on rumors to deal with it, because you really don't know what to do with them unless you fight them enough. This goes for any character, except different rules apply. The sad thing is, it's her holds that have historically been least dangerous, so really they should be mashing mids if anything. However, the problem comes from people who know that certain characters are really fast and thus good at the mashing game. Give 'em some throws and teach them a lesson. Believe me, when they see those throws, they'll start mashing strikes again.

After the match, the loser complains about being thrown too much, but the mentality every time Alpha shows up: "She's nothing but strikes! I won't have an issue since I'm at the point I can catch everything!" Only to eat more rockets and a plethora of other throws!

I'd say, "dude, really, do you know how to beat throws? Quit whining and fight me." How can anyone blame you for winning? I hate her throws as much as the next guy, but i know it's my fault when i set myself up for it. And if they keep whining and that bothers you, welcome to the internet.

The members I have played on here know I'm dead serious about throwing you! Don't hold - regardless of how much you think you'll catch cause I will catch on and you don't want me to (Offensive) Hold you!

Well, that's what i deserve, then.

This goes for every character since the triangle is left alone!

But this is the problem: how is defensive spamming not looked at! I did this when I first started playing and fucked up badly; however, even now, I still see more strikes instead of throws being utilized - even with the grapple characters and here I utilize a non-grappler as grappler or a quasi-grappler! I wish the strike-based characters would throw more!

It's because of the mentality. The problem is, holds cannot be out of pure reaction, so we don't see them as much. As a result, why the hell would you be throwing? The problem is, not enough DoA players know what they're doing. I, TOO, don't know what i'm doing. And it doesn't help when the game lives on online and the better players refuse to go on it (and even they generally only hold as a reaction).

I strike>you hold, but miss>I throw = I win, you lose! Respect the throw and even the least damaging one at that. If attackers slow down striking due to respecting the hold, the holder better respect the throw - especially if/when they're being setup by - you guessed it - strikes! (Utilize the poke game!)

The poke game fails when holds are no longer reactionary.

But yes, you're right; however, strikes and/or holds aren't feared while respected; however, throws are disrespected, but feared! See the conundrum?

What it is is, players still blame the lag for their inability to hold. We need a better way to know when to hold, sidestep, and, heaven forbid, expert hold. I've been playing exclusively as Marie Rose lately, and i still have yet to expert hold anything. AFAIK, you can't expert hold out of stun, so what is that magical rare occasion that i would?

Doa_Eater

I chose characters by design, personality, overall apearence and generaly has to do something with the main theme of the game.

I love Tina(waifu) and Lisa and their total representation from costumes creativity to design and image. And yes sexappeal and how they present in plays a huge part in that. I go in win poses put them in Tropical Rock you for Tina, wohhoo winner for Lisa, and just wonder to myself how did they animate them so good, with the posture and look of confidence and pride of their looks and successes in their eyes.And with no mocap at that.

All American smart sexy powerful headstrong woman, nothing gets in her way she knows power is beauty and she has abundance of it. Two best friends both wrestlers, one is a superstar the camera loves her the other is a beautiful mystery, her smile is like Mona Lisa what is she hiding under her mask and who is working for.

Please don’t bully!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD