Characters How did everyone come up with their mains?

Hazard

Standard Donor
First main was Hitomi cause for some odd reason, I was always attracted to characters that used Karate (Hitomi, Ein, Jean Kujo in VF5). After watching the VF5FS SoCal Regionals 2013, I decided I was going to switch from Jean being my main to Akira being my main in VF5 since he just looked so fun to use, which in turn slowly made me main him in 5U as well. So now I main Akira with a pocket Hitomi.

David Gregg

I've used Eliot since 4. I always liked the master's apprentice concept and Eliot being an ordinary guy was something I could relate to (I was 14 when DOA4 came out so I thought it was cool someone close to my age could be a fighter). His fighting style makes the most sense to me and I feel the most comfortable using him (even more than Hitomi). 10 years later and I never dropped him. XD

Red dragon

I remember the first day i decided to main ayane. I was playing doa2u back in the day and i was playing jann lee at the time. I played some guy that was really good (this was back in my rookie days), and after a few rounds the guy told me "you should main ayane and kasumi. they have more speed and your style might work better with those 2." Mained ayane and use kasumi as a secondary. Never changed since.

JusTheBest29

I'll be completely honest here. I had a "don't judge the cover" thing with Mila. When I first started with Core Fighters, I saw Mila thinking that she wouldn't be good. I then saw more of her gameplay and saw that she looked interesting to me. And as time passed, with some advice from some friends I eventually made her my main.

And besides she has red hair, gatling punches and tackles where she punches you in the face what more could I ask for? xD

Argentus

I'll be completely honest here. I had a "don't judge the cover" thing with Mila. When I first started with Core Fighters, I saw Mila thinking that she wouldn't be good. I then saw more of her gameplay and saw that she looked interesting to me. And as time passed, with some advice from some friends I eventually made her my main.

And besides she has red hair, gatling punches and tackles where she punches you in the face what more could I ask for? xD
I would ask to combine the two.

Mount Gatling!

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm huge fan of ninjas in general & karatemen (mainly shotos from SF, & then Bruce Lee's style). I like all of the ninjas. Just Kasumi is my favorite out of the DOA ninjas & cast. For DOA, I've stuck with mine the entire franchise because not only she's a ninja, she's fast & she has a similar personality that I have: If you hit one of mine or mess anybody that I care about, then we're going to have some problems. Super cool, but still a threat at the same. Has to do something horribly wrong to make her want to kill you. Didn't like using girl when I was younger at 1st, but at like 5 or 6, she was the 1st girl that I began using since I was wanting to use a faster character to beat my cousins who used to bully me in fighting games (actually how I got into fighting games in general, this MK & SF).

Last edited:

benderlax

When I first started DOA, I had Hitomi as the main character. Then I started to switch to Marie Rose and Phase 4 when I was in college. After I graduated college, I decided to give Kokoro a chance, before I ultimately decided to main Mila.

Derock

Kasumi was the first that introduce me to the series in general because of her moveset, speedy and kicks. She instantly became my favorite and also my main. Her background, storyline and personality also gave some bonus points as I was starting to like ninjas and the culture, though honestly, other ninja characters from other franchises during the time, exclude Taki from SC, such as Guy, Ibuki, Hanzo, Yoshimitsu, etc., didn't appeal to me until years later. Over the years I focused on not only ladies but also those I felt comfortable playing with.

YEH

latest

Started playing DOA5LR in February 2017, first time playing a doa game ever, and I was impressed with the game so much that I was like WHY DIDN'T I PICK THIS GAME BEFORE!?!, so I initially played :ayane: most of the time, then after watching few tourneys and playing every couple of weeks (busy eng. senior years) I thought, :sarah: and :eliot: are more how I want my fighter to be, then I remember that I was busy with many things mainly field training, but around November I said let's go combo vids and this site's :sarah: and :eliot: corners (when I had some time) then I had less and less time to spend on gaming, then out of nowhere around the end of '17 I had a dream about Manny (aka MASTER) in a bus talking to me something like "Oh, I know you, you're that :hayate: guy" and when I woke up I was thinking to myself: but I'm more into :sarah: :eliot: :ayane: so why did he say :hayate:, I play him because he's :ayane:'s brother, ok I'll give him a try, and that's how he became my main.

P.S. The dream itself might mean something totally different but that's not for here.

Last edited:

Radiance

Started playing Eliot in the last DOA4 days. Nobody touched him, or if they did they didn't really no what they were doing or how to use him effectively. Same story for DOA5.

Reactions: YEH

Shirataki Tsume

Kasumi and Tina were the first characters I used back in DOA4 because they just seemed familiar. I knew about DOA since 5 or 6 years ago, but I started getting into the series last year, and Kasumi and Tina were the first characters that came into my mind when picking a character. When I started playing DOA5, I picked Phase 4 because I love her flashy teleports and fast kicks, while Momiji is more of my casual character because she's easy to play and she's...purdyyyy.

illninofan

Hitomi: After playing with her so much in tutorial mode (on DOA5LR), I couldn't help but become curious about more of her offense to use in the drills.

Marie Rose: I finished her command training before anyone else.

Honoka: She and Marie are a tag team so I figured I might as well pick her up too.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD