Characters How did everyone come up with their mains?

Mama

I liked the way Kokoro was designed. Everything else about her was guaranteed after that.

I play with Helena because she does Pi gua Quan like Ling Xiaoyu.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I love grapplers. I played Tina in 2 and then Tina and Lisa after she was brought into the roster. I enjoy the defensive counter attack/throw gameplay Tina brings to the table and I live for the reaction on mic when someone knows they f@$%÷$ up and wind up on the wrong end of an MDT. She has a lot of support in the fanbase (Shown by her receiving Costumes in nearly every batch of DLC for 5) and I find her simple yet charming character arc compelling to get behind.

Lisa my current main is such because of my absolute love for the headache inducing mind games and mix-ups shes capable of throwing out tossed in with a variety of OHs that make everyone groan in annoyance when they hit and a pretty decent striking game. Her character arc is interesting as well, and even though she might not get as much costume support as everyone else she does have some very iconic looks.

May be picking Helena up in 6. She looks sick this time around. She was great in 5 as well but 6 shes looking dope as shit.

Camel with 2 thumbs

I picked Nyo because she has wings, that's it

Seriously for some reason if there's a fighting game and you have a character with wings, 9/10 i;ll play them; in TTT2 i played angel and devil jin who both have wings, in injustice 1 i was a hawkgirl player who again had wings, in injustice 2 I main swampthing who has wings in his intro and victory pose, in nitroplus blasterz I main saya who sprouts wings during certain attacks, and in GG I play Dizzy who has wings...until i realized that she's mad hard to play and i went back to Jam (low into cross up overhead all day)

For some reason I’m every fighter I like picking up the fast characters. I remember my first doa game being Doa 3 on the Xbox And Kasumi caught my attention. Mind you I thought Hitomi was gonna be my main but Kasumi just caught my eye plus she’s a ninja and her fighting moves are the shit so shes been my main ever since... I’m tipsy guys lol

TheDragonAwakens

Originally in DOA2U I found that Hayabusa's default costume caught my eye the most due to his falcon headcrest and that black armor which I found it to be completely cool. During that time when I played the game I was mashing buttons, and then I saw the AI Hayabusa doing the Izuna drop and that made me main him. The other character I mained in DOA2U was Ein because of 46P, 236P, 1H kick hold, 1H punch hold, 4H punch hold, and 7H punch hold. thought those moves looked cool. And his hair.

Then in DOA5LR I liked Hayate's moveset and so I started using him, in addition that he has better tools than Hayabusa easier to use and I get better results with him.

There are also other characters I use but the above 3 mentioned are my main characters.

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

I first used Ryu due to playing Ninja gaiden but when i tried a doau demo, i was a wrestling fan so i used Tina, when i got doa3, i kept using her and never stopped.

delSai

Tina was the first character that made me go "Woah, this game is legit" and made me want to get good at it, but i just couldn't get used to her. I knew i wanted a wrestler character and the only one i was able to get any decent with was Lisa, so she just became my main. She's great so i can't complain. I later picked up Honoka as a secondary because i like her moveset and combos. Just wish her costumes were better.

euphoria

Kasumi was my original main. I loved her character from the first DOA on PlayStation through today. How can you not?

I’m also a huge fan of pro wrestling, so when I gravitated back to DOA several years ago with DOA 5, I started playing as Tina a lot. I still use Kasumi regularly, but I play as Tina just a biiiiiit more.

MasterHavik

Well when I first played DOA 4 it was Jann Lee as he was easy to use than I found Zack. And well he was jsut fun and even easier to use and just had a good moveset.

Tamika

I mained Kasumi back in the Ultimate days bc I loved her character, and just everything about her. I later picked up Kokoro and Marie Rose in DOA4 and DOA5LR respectively, because I find them attractive. xD

Derock

I tend to use fast characters, especially fast females ala Chun-Li and Cammy. Of course, Kasumi caught my eye so she became my main when I first jumped into the series. For the others, I liked Jann Lee's quick Jeet Kune Do style since I played Law in Tekken as one of my secondaries. Leifang's fighting was very unorthodox in contrast to other Chinese female fighters I played like Chun-Li, Pai, and the Changs. She was definitely the hardest character to learn because of her advance holds, later parries. Of course, Pai is my main since VF2 so when she came in, I was so excited! She was much easier to work with than VF5FS.

Ramudamu

I chose my main after completed all combo challenges with all characters: Momiji and Honoka are the most fun to play in my opinion.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD