Characters How did everyone come up with their mains?

Intelligent Alpha

Alpha's just Alpha! Most say: "I hate this character, so I'll learn them!" No. When I started, I headed to tag survival (solo in Vanilla was stupid). The GT reflected the team I used (Alpha and Helena) Alpha with the speed and Helena to slow things down mixing up. (Did this in 4 with Christie/Kasumi, Christie/Helena) It was trying to find a balance. What's ironic, is that they play the same way; I was able to take some things from each and incorporate my playstyle onto both. (Helena for me, made Alpha slow down and mixup and get a low game. OTOH, Helena got patience, poking, throwing, string delays from Alpha) They compliment each other, at least to me.

Btw, I didn't down-size the "H" when deciding to make the portmanteau, but I see how that causes problems (ie: Mispronounciation/Dropping a letter when typing it). IOW, they are two separate characters, but a team as well. And well, it's clever! (Other users have names like this, too)

EDIT: I had my issues in 4 with her, too, but they made me appreciate the character - despite how easily she can be destroyed now! I've been using her since Vanilla and won't stop! XD

Last edited:

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Honestly, I just love the way that Christie moves/twists/contorts her body when she is fighting. The fact that she is doing that shit in what appears to be 3in heels makes it even more interesting(try to box/do karate forms in boots with a 1.5/2in heel to understand why).

Jadeinchains

Christie is a badass British woman with white hair and great fashion sense. So the choice was made for me.

Intelligent Alpha

LOL awesome! & Leon is pretty strong!

There's a video in the Media section where Rachael is "stronger!" I can't find it, but it's where Rachael knocks Hitomi into an environmental hazard, does a strong punch to evoke the transition, but knocks her to the other end of the screen! It's so much better when you see it!

Yurlungur

Helena's personality really attracted me to her and i really loved how elegant her style was
Also christie's personality also really fits with the type of characters i like and i was like "cool" i'll just learn her for helena's tag partner

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Fell in love with Rachel in NG, was pissed that TN forgot about her in Razors Edge. I literally prayed for her to be in Ultimate cause I believed she deserves a stronger fan base. Mained her after months of practice with her.

Argentus

Moment I first saw Leon hurl jann Lee out the tower through a neon sign, then tackle and pound his face into the pavement, I knew I had my main..

When I saw Mila had inherited the tackle from the now absent Leon, combined with her short two tone hair and c2, both of which I find incredibly hot, I knew I had my new main when 5 launched.

Lady Tengu

I Love Momiji always and forever! I love how caring and super cute she is! Plus her fighting style is perfection!

XxDistorTionzxX

When I got DOA 5 i was bouncing from character to character and realized that I couldn't buy a win with Lei (well i was a noob and sucked with everyone, but with Lei especially). So I ended up just sticking with her anyway, hitting the lab, playing stronger people and eventually really grew to love her play style and before i knew it she was my main.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD