How different is the latest version versus Last Round?

Ken_Jammin

Me and my brother are avid DOA players and were going to be going cross country for a week. We'll be spending a lot of time chilling in the hotel/plane/car so I was looking to see if it was worth it to play this on Vita. Problem is i'm not exactly sure where this one leaves off and what major balance changes and characters it's missing. Any help or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
DOA5+ has not been updated in so long. It's basically vanilla DOA5 with some extras that made their way to Ultimate and Last Round. So basically, you're going to be playing a very outdated version of the game, since it no longer gets support.

Ken_Jammin

Well I'd only be playing it for a week, as long as it's post normal wake up kick stun and the major Mila changes that happened awhile back I'm good. I figured it was out of date, I was just hoping it wasn't too bad and it's gotta be way better than playing dimensions, which is our other option. Also do you know if they'res ad-hoc or local multiplayer, and if so, how is it? Thanks again!

SoftCabbage

There is Ad-Hoc.

There is online VS under Simple Match and Rank Match. Online VS is cross-platform with normal DOA5. You'll have Vita or PS3 icon beside your name to indicate which platform you're on.

Connectivity is potato. What can you expect.

I think it's a great portable DOA5.

I think it's awesome for a portable. But that's just me.

Never tried Ad-Hoc so definitely cannot advise there. But definitely a beautiful game on vita.

I'm noticing that every mobile platform I move to, there always seems to be some kind of limitation or "previous version" of a game that is current in consoles.

I think, depending on how good the new Surface Pro 4 being revealed in October will be. I might pick that up as my mobile device with the new XB1 elite controller. Or probably the new Razer Blade. I'll wait and see.

Smach Zero looks like PS Vita and its a portable steam machine that "supposedly" can play games from the steam library. When they show actual gameplay - I'll believe it.

Till then I'm highly leaning towards SP4 or Razer Blade as my Console/Mobile device.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD