How to get CB safely

XEN0M0RPH

Tina is the second character Ive decided to play, with Bayman being my main. With Bayman, I never really had to worry about CB combos so Im having a little issue with the concept. I think I understand the basics of how to do it, but my issue is how to build up to it with constantly getting held. Ive done multiple ways to to start a combo, but then I feel I have to go to 8P and my friends just hold mid P and stop it regardless. Is there a way to build up to CB without throwing a mid P in the middle? Also, how do you find these; just test things or is there some sort of math involved?

Samples I was working on
9PP, 8P, 3P, 6P+K
KP, 8P, 6P+K
KK, dash up, 9P, 6P+K
4K, 7PP, 6P+K

Koompbala

Well your first issue is thinking you need a CB, 2nd being that you use 8P, and lastly you use SE'able combos. If I think my CB will get held then I go for M.D.T. That's 132 dmg you will take raw not including environment. About 8P even in vanilla it was never that great for a stun mixup cause of how far away it put the opponent at. While it still gives a free 33K launch 3P & FC 3P have always been better for a Mid P stun. In vanilla SDS were serious and pretty much every Tina used 8P into CB. So, yeah you're gonna get held cause of the vanilla days. Her Stun mixups havent changed since vanilla theyre all the same. Thats one thing from my guide that still applies. 9P is SE'able and doesn't give you much. If you're gonna use a high then just use jabs. Put counters on so (always counter) then put fastest SE on too. See how much + each attacks gives you. You'll see that P, 3P, FC 3P are basically the only stuns worth a damn front facing.

RubinRoon

One CB set up that works well is back turned 7k turn around and CB. I do that frequently and nobody expects it or low holds since tina doesnt really have a BT launcher (maybe h+k could count as some sort of launcher, but thats avoided with a low hold as well).
Honestly, if you get that bt 7k in during stun game its gg, because you also have 33k as a mix up and even 9k works on the crumple stun.

Try something like 44p > 7p > 7k turn a round CB

XEN0M0RPH

One CB set up that works well is back turned 7k turn around and CB. I do that frequently and nobody expects it or low holds since tina doesnt really have a BT launcher (maybe h+k could count as some sort of launcher, but thats avoided with a low hold as well).
Honestly, if you get that bt 7k in during stun game its gg, because you also have 33k as a mix up and even 9k works on the crumple stun.

Try something like 44p > 7p > 7k turn a round CB
cool. thanks

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
If somebody is foolish enough to hold in a critical burst set-up, there is no reason you just wouldn't go for the M.D.T instead.

Lulu

What an excellent oppertunity to perform a high couNter throw :)
Don't worry about Critical Burst.... once you punish enough people for holding they will think twice before they try to hold again.... and thats when you pounce with a CB Set Up. ;)

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Even with the short amount of time I've spent with Tina, I agree with pretty much everyone else here. She's one of those characters that doesn't really need CB, unless you're using it to surprise your opponents. Even if I get the CB, I normally just do 9K > 6PP6K > Air Throw (usually Giant Swing).

Lulu

Okay theres another technique you can try..... unless if you're already doing it. but if you're an "efficient stunner" like me then what you can do is use a Jab before you go for the Critical Burst.
usually when I do my set ups I try to stun using only one attack at a time, so most of my CB Combos are 4 hits long (the fourth hit being the critical burst) and each hit raises the critical level by one.... I think.
Anyway you can increase this to 5 hits if you slide in a jab into your set up. As far as I know, one single jab doesn't raise the critical level, this is especially usefull at the critical Threshold. So if you're opponent is expecting a Critical Burst then just jab them once and immediately perform your CB afterwards (The Jab Stun is extremely short).
its not full proof but its a nice ace to have up your sleeve.
If you were using the CB to set up a Power Blow/Launcher then you can just use a Raw Power Blow/Launcher mid stun.... YOLO !!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD