How to play Brad Wong.

Lulu

Brad Wong is more mobile than I gave him credit for.... I definitely think spacing is a key point in using him right.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Slow and steady wins the race. Brad Wong doesn't have the speed, but he's meant to be played patiently. Using safe moves and moves where you KNOW what transitions into what stance is key. Good blocking is also required for this character. I don't find him hard to use, but as I main a very fast character, Brad Wong's lack of speed can trip me up. But his poking game is amazing and the stances allow so much mix up potential.

Tones

Premium Donor
Slow and steady wins the race. Brad Wong doesn't have the speed, but he's meant to be played patiently. Using safe moves and moves where you KNOW what transitions into what stance is key. Good blocking is also required for this character. I don't find him hard to use, but as I main a very fast character, Brad Wong's lack of speed can trip me up. But his poking game is amazing and the stances allow so much mix up potential.
Could you brief over your style a bit more? I'm interested in learning more.

SoftCabbage

A lot of morons online spam his handstand kick and sleeping buddha position back and forth.

His running attack also likely to be spammed by people and AI.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Could you brief over your style a bit more? I'm interested in learning more.
Well to be honest, I like characters who have a lot of gimmicks. Ayane and her spins, Eliot with his linear strings and Choryu combos, and Brad Wong for his many stances. These three characters are who I use for tournaments, by the way. With Brad, I take a wait and see approach. I mainly use pokes and transition between the stances. Notabily, I like to use the headstand stance a lot. It's a great new stance that I love and couldn't imagine him without. But like with any character, I mostly try to poke enough to get a good stun for launching. But Brad is fun because he's so silly in his movements.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
With Brad, I take a wait and see approach. I mainly use pokes and transition between the stances. Notabily, I like to use the headstand stance a lot. It's a great new stance that I love and couldn't imagine him without. But like with any character, I mostly try to poke enough to get a good stun for launching. But Brad is fun because he's so silly in his movements.
How do you manage to poke with Brad being so slow?

WAZAAAAA

How do you manage to poke with Brad being so slow?
You're doing it Wong

He rocks da highest mobility in DOA m8 https://vid.me/e/eKTa

Lulu

Brad is actually at his fastest when he's lying on the floor.... but thats only in terms of mobility... not over all speed.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD