DOA5LR How would you feel if they added meter usage to DOA?

Camel with 2 thumbs

I mean hell this game already has supers and a revenge gauge, how would you feel if they just went all out and added a super meter that could be used in various ways? Like to enhance certain moves to make them safer and do more damage, or give defenders the ability to pushblock, would you want that in a DOA game? or do you prefer more bare bones DOA?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this because I'm me, but I had this idea about a gauge that limited the amount of holds you could use in holdable stuns before it becomes unholdable, and also acts as a visual representation of the stun threshold.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this because I'm me, but I had this idea about a gauge that limited the amount of holds you could use in holdable stuns before it becomes unholdable, and also acts as a visual representation of the stun threshold.
I think that would be kinda neat, it would stop people from random holding out of everything and would make the player actually be strategic about it instead of panic holding but then again that would take away the aggressive players ability to hi counter throws
Im sure soul calibur players said the same thing
It makes sense in soul Calibur more because it adds more combo potential and pressure options but in DOA you already have everything you need plus i don't think unsafe characters should be more powerful or safer given the moveset they have like Kasumi for example and alpha 152 and Christie and pai

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
SG meter? how does that work? is it like, the more you stagger the less effective it becomes?

The opposite. It was invisible but as you SE'd you'd fill the bar, and that bar would constantly drain over time. The more the bar was filled the easier SE'ing was. I.E. you could stagger to fastest and in a short period of time not stagger at all with it treating it like you were staggering Fastest, then fast, then slow, until it drained. Helped that you could stagger guard breaks.

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
I think there should be a gauge for guarding. Your guard gauge would increase as you are attacked on guard, and would break after being filled, allowing for momentary guard break advantage. The gauge would gradually decrease if it's not fully filled, once unguarded.

If it is fully filled, and not broken, you could activate your power blows/power launcher.

This would make side-stepping, side-step attacks, and tracking moves more valuable. And it would make the combat more diverse, in my opinion.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I think there should be a gauge for guarding. Your guard gauge would increase as you are attacked on guard, and would break after being filled, allowing for momentary guard break advantage. The gauge would gradually decrease if it's not fully filled, once unguarded.

If it is fully filled, and not broken, you could activate your power blows/power launcher.

This would make side-stepping, side-step attacks, and tracking moves more valuable. And it would make the combat more diverse, in my opinion.

Interesting idea, though I disagree with its implementation into a system that already punishes you a lot for being defensive. What with no throw breaking, tracking attacks, auto tracking strings, and unreactable normal hit stuns.

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
It would increase the difficulty of the game for sure. But it would also allow for a more thoughtful defense tactic. Double daring with big risk, and high reward.
Block too much, you get punished, block too little, you get punished.
Block here and there, side-step attack every now and again, combo, combo, counter hold, throw a couple of times.
Slip in between the cracks, instead of relying on one thing!

It would also give grapplers more of a chance to shine, as blocks would become more predictable, as well as a necessity for power.

HHH816

i would like a damage indicator
subsysfallout_5136.png

damage a certain part of the body enough equals to instant K.O

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD