Hurricane Tina Has Hit FSD - A Tina Breakdown

I always hear her saying Tina Psycho! (like "I'm going to overkill you with throw damage") Anyway, I'm not sure if people are sleeping on this info, or if its just not that useful, but I found out the bolded piece of info for myself.

WR 64T
J.O.Cyclone. NH 78 HCH 120 dmg fuckin sexy if I do say so myself.

Alright, so theres an easy way to do this. The grab is WR 64 H+P. So in 4 people did 33, 46T in DoAU2 Bass his best grab is the same input. You could buffer 33 as he's doing 4PP not finish the string do 64T. Bam strongest grab pretty silly stuff. He didnt duck, but simply inputting a ducking motion the game recognized it as a duck.

Okay, so the buffering in DoA5 is awesome and a headache at times. It almost has a MK negative edge feel to it at times. To do Tina's J.O.C 33, 64T translates to 66 214T as you can see you can do shit out of order and it still works. I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to do it this is just how I do it.

Now the good ol' technique of punch grabbing. To P,T with J.O.C. it can work, but people with quick reflexes see this coming. Even with the quick way to do this grab cause the grab unlike DoAU2 actually requires her to duck. So even if all you do is a twitch duck that alone alerts people especially offline. If you decide to P, T or PP, T use her 426T. No duck required and does a hefty 68 on NH.
Only time I do J.O.C. is to punish holds, a force tech, or after a crouching move of hers.

Now lets move onto crouching moves and the J.O.C. Something like 1P is, so short ranged you can follow up with a 64T and the J.O.C will always connect. But something like a 1K 64T may not always connect because of its long range.

1K and J.O.C. so when your out of range from throwing and wanna go for one. This is where the buffer system gets ridiculous. 1K puts you in crouch right, so when do 66 to get close. You already went in Crouch. Simply hit 4T J.O.C comes out. So in short 1K, 66, 4T J.O.C. comes out. Same applies to her 6H+K when it FT's.

Now force techs and J.O.C. unfortunately her force techs are meh. This is only because Tina her force techs knock back really far. when presented with an opportunity to do a force tech. Just do two moves to

force tech 8P or 6H+K.

So after 8P to force tech 66, 214T works. Also the duck when you do 214T after 66. The twitch duck is less noticeable after 66 rather than 6 for whatever reason. Also for the record Run full screen 214T does not give you a J.O.C. The buffer system is really lenient, but not that damn lenient. As stated above 6H+K puts you in crouch so only 64T is needed for J.O.C

Just dash and do 214T for JOC? Yes plz. Have the small army of Tinas been doing this? I'd like to know how this runs outside of Training mode. I know there's a small delay between the forward dash and the 214 motion, but if this an easy way to punish (and not just hunt) counters, then let's cut some lifebars in half.

OolongTea

I feel that it's actually a pretty long delay... so I prefer to do the same old 33 motion and all lol
The crouching moves and the JOC technique is pretty awesome, though... :D
You can also do 66 4T after 2P, 8K, 4P+K, 2P+K, 7K

Koompbala

So I'll be revising this guide for Last Round. I took so long to update it for U. I might as wait a little longer for LR. I'm thinking not much is gonna change tier wise, or moves. Still though to be on safe side. I'll wait and break her down during LR. Still I'm doing her matchups anyway. Not so much matchups, but character strategies.

TRI Mike

She changed a lot in Ultimate... for the worse. I really hope some good changes are made in LR but I seriously doubt it knowing TN. I've kind of abandoned Tina and moved to Rose/Fu/Busa because I feel they're better. But I still want her to be at least as good as in vanilla.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Look forward to your revisit in Last Round. Outstanding guide that I've been using for reference for quite sometime.

Koompbala

She changed a lot in Ultimate... for the worse. I really hope some good changes are made in LR but I seriously doubt it knowing TN. I've kind of abandoned Tina and moved to Rose/Fu/Busa because I feel they're better. But I still want her to be at least as good as in vanilla.
She did but it's not all bad. This new system nerfed her severely. Funny thing is she's still pretty decent. That's just how good she use to be. It took a while to adjust, but I see now it's not futile. She is still worth using. Hell in my opinion she beats busa 6-4. Although just because a character gets beat in one matchup. Doesn't mean the other is better tier wise all of a sudden. Like Alpha beats Helena but yet I'd still say Helena is better.
Look forward to your revisit in Last Round. Outstanding guide that I've been using for reference for quite sometime.

Wow thanks a bunch. Aren't you in Vegas? I'm in Pahrump right now although I have no transportation. It would be cool to play offline. I'll be here for the duration of December maybe longer.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
She did but it's not all bad. This new system nerfed her severely. Funny thing is she's still pretty decent. That's just how good she use to be. It took a while to adjust, but I see now it's not futile. She is still worth using. Hell in my opinion she beats busa 6-4. Although just because a character gets beat in one matchup. Doesn't mean the other is better tier wise all of a sudden. Like Alpha beats Helena but yet I'd still say Helena is better.

Wow thanks a bunch. Aren't you in Vegas? I'm in Pahrump right now although I have no transportation. It would be cool to play offline. I'll be here for the duration of December maybe longer.

Yeah I'm in Vegas, and that would be awesome! We can definitely arrange something for next week. I have finals this week though. >_<

BirdsTheRevenge

This thread should be stickied. Such an amazing Tina breakdown, thanks Koompbala.

If you ever look at this again, what were you going to put into the vortex section? 2P+K stuff on wakeup?

Koompbala

This thread should be stickied. Such an amazing Tina breakdown, thanks Koompbala.

If you ever look at this again, what were you going to put into the vortex section? 2P+K stuff on wakeup?
I really need to revise this crap thanks though. Luckily in LR she still got a Vortex, but since this is a Vanilla guide. It was looping 6H+K and getting guaranteed FT's off of things. It was safe in vanilla, so the risk vs reward was very low. So it ended up being a very mindless and easy.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD