I Am The Shadow... The True Self... [General Discussion]

synce

I'd like to see P4 be able to transition into float stance in addition to ten/chi. And give her Alpha's AI only teleport. Oh god the power.

Chapstick

Float doesn't make sense on her imo since she doesn't levitate

I just want her to get Kasumi's parries which I have no idea why she's missing and I will complain about it until the end of time

synce

Yeah parries would be cool. Maybe my view of P4 is different than most people's but I think she can definitely float. To me she's just a more advanced, talking Alpha. I don't care too much for the new TN's canon

Chapstick

idk I think of Alpha as more monstrous and inhuman and brutal. If Phase 4 was Alpha 152 but intelligent she wouldn't be like "why must I fight...? is it my sole reason to live?!", she'd be more like Christie with superpowers. That, I can picture her using BURST and FLT and 8T. I wish they would have went that direction with her now that I think about it instead of the sad version. She's more likely to live through the story now tho instead of eventually getting killed off. Eventually she'll rebel against Donovan and the last fight of story mode in 6 will be a Kasumi/Phase 4 tag fight vs Donovan who will have Genra's movelist. I'm calling it now

synce

idk I think of Alpha as more monstrous and inhuman and brutal. If Phase 4 was Alpha 152 but intelligent she wouldn't be like "why must I fight...? is it my sole reason to live?!", she'd be more like Christie with superpowers. That, I can picture her using BURST and FLT and 8T. I wish they would have went that direction with her now that I think about it instead of the sad version. She's more likely to live through the story now tho instead of eventually getting killed off. Eventually she'll rebel against Donovan and the last fight of story mode in 6 will be a Kasumi/Phase 4 tag fight vs Donovan who will have Genra's movelist. I'm calling it now

Yeah my view of P4 isn't that tragic blah blah why must I fight crap, even though that's the canon haha Alpha is a killing machine according to Itagaki, she's not evil or anything that's just all she was taught. I think P4 should've been the same way, and that's how she'll always be in my fiction :p

I mean I don't know why they bothered to introduce a second Kasumi that's going to be exactly like the first Kasumi.

Chapstick

She seems like the side of Kasumi that Kasumi's leaving behind. DOA5 Kasumi seemed confident and driven in that small portion of the story the real her showed up. Ready to wreck Donovan's shit

I'd like Phase 4 to get some character growth but that's probably too much to ask for

Zero Beat

Character development probably isn't possible unless she's able to resist or break out of whatever MIST is using to control her.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Phase 4 is the real Kasumi and we've been had. :p
It's possible.... What if Kasumi during the 2 year time skip finally decided to surrender to Donovan and let him experiment on her and make her into Phase 4? The "true" Kasumi from the last chapter of story mode could very well be another alpha clone.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Float doesn't make sense on her imo since she doesn't levitate

I just want her to get Kasumi's parries which I have no idea why she's missing and I will complain about it until the end of time
Why? All of her expert holds give her guaranteed follow ups. Why does she need them?

Chapstick

Why? All of her expert holds give her guaranteed follow ups. Why does she need them?
All both of them? You make it sound like she has more. She doesn't NEED them to be viable but it's another defensive option for her. I was so surprised she didn't have at least Kasumi's 3H but I assume it was taken away to make her more different than Kasumi.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
All both of them? You make it sound like she has more. She doesn't NEED them to be viable but it's another defensive option for her. I was so surprised she didn't have at least Kasumi's 3H but I assume it was taken away to make her more different than Kasumi.
No what I mean is that she doesn't need any parries at all when she has defensive holding options that compensates for not having parries. Doesn't have anything to do with she has more. I'm saying that she has enough & good changes to her to make even more viable than before. Kasumi's parries are great, but her options are great too. I'm not saying her options are better. I'm saying that her 46H is similar to Kasumi's but it's stronger, & her 1H does the same thing but give her more damage. She also has a hold that gets you behind opponents, I can't remember off the top of my head since I'm thinking & typing my research paper (but I'm taking a break from it now) which also gives her guaranteed follow ups.

What does she need with parries? Are you just saying this because she's a clone? Or are you being serious? I was curious to know is all.

Zero Beat

She also has a hold that gets you behind opponents, I can't remember off the top of my head since I'm thinking & typing my research paper (but I'm taking a break from it now) which also gives her guaranteed follow ups.

You're thinking of 67H, her expert high punch hold.

Chapstick

No what I mean is that she doesn't need any parries at all when she has defensive holding options that compensates for not having parries. Doesn't have anything to do with she has more. I'm saying that she has enough & good changes to her to make even more viable than before. Kasumi's parries are great, but her options are great too. I'm not saying her options are better. I'm saying that her 46H is similar to Kasumi's but it's stronger, & her 1H does the same thing but give her more damage. She also has a hold that gets you behind opponents, I can't remember off the top of my head since I'm thinking & typing my research paper (but I'm taking a break from it now) which also gives her guaranteed follow ups.

What does she need with parries? Are you just saying this because she's a clone? Or are you being serious? I was curious to know is all.
You're thinking of the high exp p hold.

Yup I guess I'm basically just saying it because she's a clone of a character that has them who has another clone that also has them and I have no clue why she was passed up on them.

Zero Beat

Yup I guess I'm basically just saying it because she's a clone of a character that has them who has another clone that also has them and I have no clue why she was passed up on them.

Even more curiously, Alpha's teleport counters/parries don't result in a teleport against projectiles at range like Kasumi's mid parries do. I haven't tested Ryu's Ongyoin parry (which I'm including because he and Kasumi share some moves (a hint that Kasumi now lives in the Hayabusa village, perhaps?), most notably 4H+K being almost exactly the same (Ryu has an extra 2 damage)), but Ongyoin 66 is more than fast enough. I just find it odd that 2 characters with functionally identical parries have different outcomes against projectiles.

There is also a difference in the blocking animation for Kasumi and her clones, most easily noticed when you mash H. When Kasumi blocks, she slightly retreats. Phase slightly advances. Alpha remains in the same spot. I can't think of a practical use for this info, I just find it odd.

I also find it weird that a character that takes Kasumi's teleport on strike shtick and cranks it up to 11 has only 1 teleport counter. Granted, as was mentioned previously, she is still viable. Then again, I doubt adding parries would make her gamebreaking. So yeah. Not needed, but if we got it, I'd be very happy.

Zero Beat

Tenfu T is now harder to sidestep. I've tested in training mode with me as the victim, and unless I'm not reacting fast enough, it's impossible to sidestep 66K~Tenfu T after blocking 66K in open space. You can still sidestep 8T or 9PT if you react early enough, but the window has shrunk considerably.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD