I Am The Shadow... The True Self... [General Discussion]

xDevious

Standard Donor
Messing around against the CPU and suddenly this happened (14-ish seconds in).

That has happened to me before as well. It doesn't make sense since neither Tenfu T or 9P are not tracking.. But I think what happened is that Eliot's 7P pushed him slightly forwards, and Tenfu T decided to somehow track or something, leading her to turning around mid-air and catch him from behind.. DOA, everybody!

KING JAIMY

That has happened to me before as well. It doesn't make sense since neither Tenfu T or 9P are not tracking.. But I think what happened is that Eliot's 7P pushed him slightly forwards, and Tenfu T decided to somehow track or something, leading her to turning around mid-air and catch him from behind.. DOA, everybody!
All throws do track though.

KING JAIMY

Every time I've ever done 8T or TEN~T as Phase, it has told me it doesn't track in the Move Details. However, it does hit everything anyway, so I may have just been lied to by the game, lol.
That's weird. It should track because you can't sidestep it. Probably the Move Details lying to you man. xD

KING JAIMY

You can sidestep (and freestep) Phase 4 and Kasumi's 8T. Lisa's 8T OH and Momiji's Tenku T are a few other air throws that don't track.
I've never been able to get around those throws/OHs by sidestepping. You can't eliminate all of Momiji's Tenku options by sidestepping. Tenku T rewards her with Counter Throw damage (125%).

Tempest

I've never been able to get around those throws/OHs by sidestepping. You can't eliminate all of Momiji's Tenku options by sidestepping. Tenku T rewards her with Counter Throw damage (125%).
Uzukaze K's guard break prevents you from sidestepping Tenku T, but you can sidestep it otherwise. Lisa's 8T is pretty standard, so long as you sidestep before she finishes the apex of her jump it won't hit you.

KING JAIMY

Uzukaze K's guard break prevents you from sidestepping Tenku T, but you can sidestep it otherwise. Lisa's 8T is pretty standard, so long as you sidestep before she finishes the apex of her jump it won't hit you.
Ahh, got it! Thanks for explaining.

Zero Beat

Phase 4's 8T/Tenfu T did have a buff to make it harder to sidestep, and it usually forces a camera angle change when the new rule applies. It's still possible, but the time frame is much shorter and I don't think it can be sidestipped after a blocked 66K~P+K anymore.

Last edited:

PhoenixVFIRE

just wondering, how do you do the flip from the dashing teleport? every input I've tried, hasn't worked, but I've definitely seen people do it, and it doesn't seem to be in the command list at all.

xDevious

Standard Donor
just wondering, how do you do the flip from the dashing teleport? every input I've tried, hasn't worked, but I've definitely seen people do it, and it doesn't seem to be in the command list at all.
It is only possible after :6::6::P::P::5::P+K: and :7::K::5::P+K:. You perform it by doing :9::P+K: during the Chifu animation after those moves. Something tells me this was not intended to be an option for Phase 4, since she only can do it off of the moves that are copied straight from Kasumi.

Last edited:

PhoenixVFIRE

It is only possible after :6::6::P::P::5::P+K: and :7::K::5::P+K:. You perform it by doing :9::P+K: during the Chifu animation after those moves. Something tells me this was not intended to be an option for Phase 4, since she only can do it off of the moves that are copied straight from Kasumi.
Ahh thank you so much :) I agree, it probably wasn't intended, but oh well /shrug they should just give it to her~

Tempest

Ahh thank you so much :) I agree, it probably wasn't intended, but oh well /shrug they should just give it to her~
There's pretty much no reason to remove it, it's really only useful after 7K since you're incredibly negative if you use it after 66PP, and if you land 7k you probably want the damage instead of a very underwhelming oki setup.

Lulu

You can sidestep (and freestep) Phase 4 and Kasumi's 8T. Lisa's 8T OH and Momiji's Tenku T are a few other air throws that don't track.

Watchout for Lisa... her Jumping offensive Hold does gain tracking properties if she does it jumping off the ropes and the walls.

Ayane's :8::F: Tracks I believe but I'm not too sure..... or maybe its her BT :6::F:.

Its not a problem though.... its just a Throw.

Nameless Sama

Hey guys I have a question about :phase4: :4: :P: after a juggle. I understand if you use :4: :P: after :236: :F: but I dont understand if you use :4: :P: after a normal launch. For example I saw someone using this combo

After CB :3: :3: :K: :+: :4: :P: :+: :4: :K: :+: :P+K: :+: :K: :+: :P+K: :F:

My question is does make it more damage ? What is the reason ?

Chapstick

Hey guys I have a question about :phase4: :4: :P: after a juggle. I understand if you use :4: :P: after :236: :F: but I dont understand if you use :4: :P: after a normal launch. For example I saw someone using this combo

I think this is actually the highest damaging CB juggle on NH other than 33K 4K~K~P 8K~T which has strict as hell timing

panicitstylor

4P after 236T isn't max damage, but it's no timing. I mostly use 4P after 33K, but only in stage combos. For some reason, the scaling for it, is insane. Lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD