I Am The Shadow... The True Self... [General Discussion]

Zero Beat

Just noticed she got a general buff in 1.05 to make some moves easier to wall hit and Mid P hold now triggers a wall hit when your back is to the wall. The animation looks weird, but hey, extra damage. They also fixed her Chifu P so it shouldn't whiff when used near walls as often.

Wonder what they did in 1.06.

Chapstick

FE0BVKc.gif
RShUAu5.gif

7rEmMQS.gif

Her 8/2P+K also dodges 6K and P+K at r1f

Zero Beat

Yeah, I think Sarah by at least 10 frames. Making 9PT kind of but not really tracking has made some weird things happen.

Last edited:

Zero Beat

Now if I could just nail the timing on that 9PT to beat a wakeup kick. It seems to require perfect timing which I just so happened to do and for the opponent to do a forward wakeup kick for Phase to do the midair 180. I haven't been able to replicate it since.

Turning around on Chifu K is something that happened while messing around in training.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I recently went back to DOA to play and this is a new mechanic happens with Tina's 6HK. The ground game is ridiculously bad and I hope it is fixed soon.

Lulu

I think Team Ninja just wants people to use throws more often....

And as a Tina Player.... I'm always Down for some Throwing !!! ;)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Am I allowed to say that its broken? Or is it just salt because i don't play her, and don't know how to deal with it?
Buddy it's not salt xD I play MR and me and other MR players here can also say her Minuet is beyond broken >.> It's fun to use but it's not fun at all to have to deal with...

Chapstick

LoL.... Good To See Marie Rose has still got it.... I thought that tactic no longer worked. :)
TN knows damn well this move is OP but Marie is one of their cash cows so in DOA6 it'll probably get an upgrade instead of being fixed. Minuet P+K will be a +5 GB and she'll also duck her head during the animation so it dodges highs and lows with ease. The dodge everything frames will also be extended so that's easier to do as well

Lulu

Come on, Sweetness..... that move maybe annoying but its actually reasonably Balanced.

For one.... unlike all the other command side steps, Marie Rose's one doesn't evade instantly. She can be Smacked out of it even with linear Strikes.

I'd rather it stays the way it is..... The Move maybe a pain to deal with but Conversely that also makes it extremely Satisfying to punish someone who misuses it. Just like Helena's Bokuho.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD