Characters "....I cannot let you pass!" Naotora Ii for beginners Guide|LR Ver.

Dark-truth

-Possesses a sit down stun string that guarantees a CB...as long as the opponent does not manage to hold it or stagger/slow escape it- is it even guaranteed then ? Anyways I have a few things I have which are pretty much basic stuff, it's probably useless but whatever I'm quitting Naotora anyway
Safe moves:
:4::K::K: -2 on block
:P: -1 on block
:2::P: -4 on block
:6::K::K::K::K::P: -2 on block
BT :P: -1 on block
BT :2::P: -4 on block
Family creed stance(FC stance)
FC :P: -2 on block
FC :2::K: +2 on block
FC :H+K: -6 but it's distance safe on block
Jump :2::K: +3 on block
:K::K::K::K::K::K::K: +4 on block
:6::K::K::K::K::K::K::K: +2 on block
:6::H+K::K::K: +2 on block

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Umm... err... :oops:.

Would the correct term be "kicking bag"?
Whatever floats your boat, Forcey...:rolleyes:
-Possesses a sit down stun string that guarantees a CB...as long as the opponent does not manage to hold it or stagger/slow escape it- is it even guaranteed then ? Anyways I have a few things I have which are pretty much basic stuff, it's probably useless but whatever I'm quitting Naotora anyway
Safe moves:
:4::K::K: -2 on block
:P: -1 on block
:2::P: -4 on block
:6::K::K::K::K::P: -2 on block
BT :P: -1 on block
BT :2::P: -4 on block
Family creed stance(FC stance)
FC :P: -2 on block
FC :2::K: +2 on block
FC :H+K: -6 but it's distance safe on block
Jump :2::K: +3 on block
:K::K::K::K::K::K::K: +4 on block
:6::K::K::K::K::K::K::K: +2 on block
:6::H+K::K::K: +2 on block
These are good! I'll add them in if they aren't in already :-D And thanks for catching the guaranteed Sit down stun mistake, I'll fix it right away, and why quit Naotora? She's tons of fun :-D

Dark-truth

Whatever floats your boat, Forcey...:rolleyes:

These are good! I'll add them in if they aren't in already :-D And thanks for catching the guaranteed Sit down stun mistake, I'll fix it right away, and why quit Naotora? She's tons of fun :-D
Why go to Naotora when I have Kasumi Momiji Nyo Ayane and Raidou ?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Why go to Naotora when I have Kasumi Momiji Nyo Ayane and Raidou ?
For more variety I guess, that's what I use for, she's a great break from Kasumi, Phase, Marie, and Ein, and she's great at controlling space and whiff punishing which I love. ♡_♡

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Naotara can control space? With what, exactly? Please explain.
Gladly Hajin! :-D From the time I've spent using her since I bought her, I've noticed that she has a lot of kick attacks like 3K and 9K that have good reach, and can punish opponents who try to rush in on her. Her Ii clan follow ups are also definitely not suited for using up close...the stance is pretty lengthy on it's start up and you can be grabbed out of it, and certain options like her P and K from it are telegraphed and pretty slow coming out, and the GB isnt much of a plus if your opponent reads you and holds instead. When Naotora gets you at a far distance, moving in on her can be difficult since she has the Ii clan stance, her full screen 236K drill arrow attack, and whiff punishers with good reach to keep you at a distance, when attacking up close against faster characters who body you at close range isn't really in her favor. It's possible to get in on her, but you'll have to keep in mind that her various long reach attacks can impede your progress moving in on her. I've experienced this first hand when I played as Kasumi against Panic's Naotora, it was not easy safely getting close to her without the threat of an Ii clan follow up or long range kick shutting down my advances.

That's my opinion on her spacing game though, I personally think she can be played as a somewhat more offensive character if you choose, but you'll have to mix up a lot and take a lot of risks since her attacks hit multiple times in the same hit level or have unsafe frames. She seem more suited as an offensive spacer to me, but I understand if you view differently in this regard.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Naotora's 2H+K is an annoying low sweep with good range. It reminds of me Momiji's 2H+K, and that move is really good. Plus she has 6K which reaches deceptively far and it has a high-mid mix-up immediately after (6K4K and 6KK respectively). The rest of Naotora's important spacing tools are already mentioned by KasumiLover.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Her Ii stance isn't very good at controlling any space, it doesn't threaten the opponent at middle range which is where it would be ideal. It is easy to hit that stance before she can even cancel into anything or free cancel. You would be using that at longer ranges, and that makes follow ups ineffective. I've played matches against Nao and have popped her out of it as Hayate with 66P and 236K at mid range. Your spots in using the stance at range will have to be very spot on.

Against low level players it won't matter because they don't know whats going on. Even the average player wouldn't either for the same reason.

236K does not control any space. It eliminates space and puts you in a high risk/moderate reward situation. The risk being if its blocked, it is no longer your turn to attack and you get punished. Reward only being the follow up launch. I wouldn't really consider this a good get in tool either because its simply not your turn at all anymore once its blocked. Not to mention its not really hard to hold or hit her out of it on reaction (when you are actually used to seeing the effect animation after start up).

3K, 2H+K, 6H+KK, 8K, PP2K, 8P, are good/decent moves at a distance. I don't know how I feel about 9K right now since its too early to dub that move as good or bad. I will need to play someone here (in the States) to better gauge that move at a range.

Any takers? (To play me)

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Her Ii stance isn't very good at controlling any space, it doesn't threaten the opponent at middle range which is where it would be ideal. It is easy to hit that stance before she can even cancel into anything or free cancel. You would be using that at longer ranges, and that makes follow ups ineffective. I've played matches against Nao and have popped her out of it as Hayate with 66P and 236K at mid range.

236K does not control any space. It eliminates space and puts you in a high risk/moderate reward situation. The risk being if its blocked, it is no longer your turn to attack and you get punished. Reward only being the follow up launch. I wouldn't really consider this a good get in tool either because its simply not your turn at all anymore once its blocked. Not to mention its not really hard to hold or hit her out of it on reaction (when you are actually used to seeing the effect animation after start up).

3K, 2H+K, 6H+KK, 8K, PP2K, 8P, are good/decent moves at a distance. I don't know how I feel about 9K right now since its too early to dub that move as good or bad. I will need to play someone here (in the States) to better gauge that move at a range.

Any takers? (To play me)
I would like to play you as soon as I get Internet back. :-D And by 236K, I meant that it's useful for punishing opponents who try to rush at you, it's risky, but provides the follow up launch if it interrupted your opponent's or if they weren't blocking. Your Ii clan argument I can kind of see your point on, as it would be better to use at mid range, not all the way long range. But essentially, Naotora has alot attacks that are very risky but provide good reward in generality.

EDIT: I looked into the Hayate situation on him beating out Naotora's attacks, if she's at a set distance she can use the 2K or the P+K Ii clan follow up on good reaction to beat out his 20i 236K, which is slower than those two option, and plus the 2K can avoid highs. His 66P can also be beat out with 2K and P+K too since it's 16i. If you look back at this, I wasn't adding this to be smart. I seriously looked into the matter to find genuine ways she could avoid being popped out of the stance, assuming she is at optimal range and reacts on point.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
236K basically eliminates the purpose of "controlling space" because it makes you give it up. That is the opposite of controlling space. I can see 236K being good as a whiff punisher, however.

And alright, sounds good.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD