"I Got No Time For You!" The General Jacky Discussion Thread

Dave

mJ6rQHp.png
REVEAL TRAILER:
______________________​
VIRTUA FIGHTER 5: FINAL SHOWDOWN COMMAND TRAINING:

His command training from Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, but keep in mind some alterations will probably take place.This is just a thread for speculation and such.

POTENTIAL COSTUMES:

VhyLk1b.png

And hopefully some Team Ninja creations, but I don't know.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
:2::P::+::K: will probably be hit standard sit-down stun on neutral hit.
:P::+::K: possibly a sit-down stun on CH.
:4::P::+::K: would probably cause the inescapable fall-down stun on hit

:1::P::+::K: is a 16f high-crushing mid which is pretty good and not fucked up like Lisa's :1::P:.

:6::6::h::+::K::4: is probably safe.

This character is great. He has pretty much all he needs.

Dave

KEEP IT UP!!! Let's see what we can get together and try when we finally get the game.

Koompbala

Im gonna guess hes gonna be a 9i jabber and will have a 12i mid being fastest. I'm not considering his 7K either which will probably be changed to 12i. I'm also gonna guess his 4K+G will bound like Sarah's does.

:2::P::+::K: will probably be hit standard sit-down stun on neutral hit.

It probably will I can see that.

:P::+::K: possibly a sit-down stun on CH

His beat knuckle is in the vid it didnt seem to do anything while stunned clearly doesnt launch anymore. It may sitdown on a crouching CH.

synce

9f jab for Jacky doesn't sound right to me, even Sarah is 10f and she doesn't hit as hard... I'm just anxious to see if they keep the auto parry. If the fastest attack you can hit Jacky with is 11-12f people are gonna be crying

Koompbala

Yeah your probably right just over thinking it. They will probably give 10i jab and 11i mid like Sarah. Since holds in DoA counter every kind of attack. I do wonder if his inashi will stay. Like will they make it parry jab like moves while neutral, or will they give him a punch parry like Hitomi.

Gets me wondering some more about that 2P 6P that Sarah got. I wonder if they will make him able to combo off his 2P like the other VF characters yeah probably.

Ghosty-J

I'm pretty sure his auto parry is gonna turn into a :7::h: high punch counter, but who cares? Sarah is one tough cookie and I know for a fact Jacky's gonna be way up there in the tiers department with his sister. I think I'm gonna play with Jacky in VF5FS for a while to ease back all this hype XD

synce

I'm also messing around with him now... I generally don't use guy characters but he's pretty fun, definitely moreso than Jann Lee. We'll see how he stacks up against Sarah but I got a feeling she's getting nerfed in 5U

Dave

I'm pretty sure his auto parry is gonna turn into a :7::h: high punch counter, but who cares? Sarah is one tough cookie and I know for a fact Jacky's gonna be way up there in the tiers department with his sister. I think I'm gonna play with Jacky in VF5FS for a while to ease back all this hype XD

That's why I'm thinking, or something along the line of Akira's, although I don't know what the outputs were in Virtua Fighter. I never played him.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Yea the auto parry would probably cause tears among typical DOA players (scrubs), so they may opt to make it the same as Hitomi's.

I would be very disappointed if they do that, but even so, he should be an outstanding character.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
More like :9::h:, but who knows? Also, yay for his Flash Sword Kick!

Raansu

Jacky is gonna be the worst training dummy.

I imagine as a dummy it will be disabled by default like it is in FS.

Yea the auto parry would probably cause tears among typical DOA players (scrubs), so they may opt to make it the same as Hitomi's.

I would be very disappointed if they do that, but even so, he should be an outstanding character.

Really depends on how they implement it. The thing about inashi is it only catches punches. Elbows,shoulders, etc...it doesn't catch, and you have to be neutral to use it, so it's a double edged sword as you have to be standing there not blocking or pressing anything.

Berzerk!

I imagine as a dummy it will be disabled by default like it is in FS.

Really depends on how they implement it. The thing about inashi is it only catches punches. Elbows,shoulders, etc...it doesn't catch, and you have to be neutral to use it, so it's a double edged sword as you have to be standing there not blocking or pressing anything.

Logic.

There's no need to change Jacky's parry.

Raansu

Logic.

There's no need to change Jacky's parry.

Can't really say logic because like I said, it really depends on how they implement it. Will it work on something like Hitomi's 9p? Technically that is an elbow so in terms of VF it shouldn't, but in DoA it's just considered a high punch. I imagine it will function the same, but at the same time DoA is a different game so it's more of wait and see on how TN handles it. Personally I can see them changing it to work as an input rather than a neutral auto parry.

Berzerk!

I think the default is to assume it will work like at VF. You described it well why it is fair. Must be completely neutral (risky!), and does not work against all punches - elbows will hit. Don't see a reason to think they'll change the balance of the move

b-bombs

Standard Donor
If there's not a secondary tag team with Jacky and Jann Lee I will be disappointed. Jeet Kune Do buddies should have tag throw cinematics.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD