System I have a challenge, should you choose to accept it

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
How did Hayabusa come out of this? Is that what you mean by 44P? Bayman doesn't have a 44P.

Also, I just cleared Bayman's command training again and saw no obstacles caused by 1.05/1.05A.

Last edited:

Kohlrak

In other games (including previous doas IIRC); when you get to a move that requires you to be back turned, the game automatically turns you around. I don't know why they didn't implement it in doa5.

That would make much more sense. Especially if they're afraid of scaring the new players away, since nothing scares people away like failing at tutorials.

How did Hayabusa come out of this? Is that what you mean by 44P? Bayman doesn't have a 44P.

Also, I just cleared Bayman's command training again and saw no obstacles caused by 1.05/1.05A.

Hayabusa's just hard for the fingers. Bayman's issue is that it's not very intuitive to knock your opponent over before the 7K to get BT. Failure to knock over results in Kasumi being a pixel out of reach.

Yup. Go nuts.

Awesome! Now that's done. I can't wait until i have to do that kind of stuff in his combo challenges should i choose to do them.

Brute

Standard Donor
Awesome! Now that's done. I can't wait until i have to do that kind of stuff in his combo challenges should i choose to do them.
I'd recommend it. Hayabusa's combo challenge is actually really easy. One of the easiest in the game, imo.

Kohlrak

It'd be a nice change, then. Timing is an issue for me, especially timing where inputs get registered but not buffered. I can't even finish my main's combo challenge.

It'd be a nice change, then. Timing is an issue for me, especially timing where inputs get registered but not buffered. I can't even finish my main's combo challenge.
Actually it's not a big problem. Some characters have weird combo challenge with stupid set-up that people never use in real battle. You don't need to worry about the uncompleted combo challenge thought.
Fortunately, Bayman's combo challenge is good and useful for newbie.

Brute

Standard Donor
Actually it's not a big problem. Some characters have weird combo challenge with stupid set-up that people never use in real battle. You don't need to worry about the uncompleted combo challenge thought.
Hayabusa's is mostly stupid but at least it's easy, lol.

Kohlrak

Actually, it seems that's not the case. Alot of the setups maybe stupid and unrealistic, but they seem to be using the combos they're placing there to teach you that character's options in a combo: the launcher, relauncher, etc. At least it seems so in Kokoro's case.

Kohlrak

I'm 3 moves from being complete...
Akira's "Hantei Goko Tensetsukou" and "Hougeki Unshin Soukoshou" and Hayate's "Raijin."

These moves that can't be buffered are going to be the death of me.

Kohlrak

So are the other two. I have only 3 more moves to go and i've cleared every command training. My point in doing it though was to see what all characters i can learn without loosing my mind. I've come to the conclusion that the virtua fighter characters, especially since they're only temporary, are not for me. If i were to learn one, Jacky'd be the only one i'd spend time on, but i doubt i'll bother with him, either. I'm now going to look into characters i otherwise wasn't going to bother with.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD