"I will fight on!" The Kasumi Gameplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I wouldn't mind joining one, if Render and Panic are gonna be in it I definitely will since I consider them my Kasumi teachers and they're who really made me want to play Kasumi seriously xD

As long as the discord is drama free and any problematic members and drama in general is excluded, I would join definitely
Anyone can join lol. We're all playing the same character & here for the same reason at the end of the day. I don't see why it would have drama.

Edit: Again though, this is only if you want to. I still will be here either way. This is the competitive forum for DOA & it'll stay up to date.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So this may be a general gameplay change but I noticed something about low kicks in DOA6....

Skip to 3:38

In that instance when Phase 4 is counter hit by Kasumi's low WU kick, phase 4 suffers a trip stun as if she got low kicked on CH in a water stage hazard, that doesn't happen in DOA5LR iirc... So I'm guessing maybe low kicks have been buffed unless the stage has a slip hazard or something we don't know about but that shouldn't be the case.

Keylay

So this may be a general gameplay change but I noticed something about low kicks in DOA6....

Skip to 3:38

In that instance when Phase 4 is counter hit by Kasumi's low WU kick, phase 4 suffers a trip stun as if she got low kicked on CH in a water stage hazard, that doesn't happen in DOA5LR iirc... So I'm guessing maybe low kicks have been buffed unless the stage has a slip hazard or something we don't know about but that shouldn't be the case.

I've heard it mentioned once or twice that there is light snow in the Road Rage stage. It's hard to tell with the lighting but the characters clothes does seem to get white at the feet. It was mentioned here I know:

https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/new-gameplay-from-shimboris-january-preview.8230/#post-389618

And someone else said it too.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I've heard it mentioned once or twice that there is light snow in the Road Rage stage. It's hard to tell with the lighting but the characters clothes does seem to get white at the feet. It was mentioned here I know:

https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/new-gameplay-from-shimboris-january-preview.8230/#post-389618

And someone else said it too.
Ah ok that makes sense, thank you for telling me xD I was really confused but at least we have a stage where counter hit lows will be a constant hazard which should help Kasumi

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Was anyone else watching Kasumi in that Taiwan stream? In this latest build it looks like Kasumi's backturned :K: now refloats since after Kasumi launched Honoka with :3::3::P:, the player did backturned :K::K: and she floated, it doesn't do that in DOA5LR so that's definitely a buff I like xD

Idk how useful it'll be tho if :3::3::P: into :H+K::5::P: does more damage since it seems to be the new go to but we'll have to see.

UprisingJC

Was anyone else watching Kasumi in that Taiwan stream? In this latest build it looks like Kasumi's backturned :K: now refloats since after Kasumi launched Honoka with :3::3::P:, the player did backturned :K::K: and she floated, it doesn't do that in DOA5LR so that's definitely a buff I like xD

Idk how useful it'll be tho if :3::3::P: into :H+K::5::P: does more damage since it seems to be the new go to but we'll have to see.

You can do KK7K6p+K9PKP > 236P after 33p.

If you are near a wall, BT H+KP > 236P is your choice.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Alright. I'm going to ask here. I'm not going to do this if people aren't wanting to. Would anyone be interested in a Kasumi discord? Folks are making character discords & if they're going to happen, then we should get our own. Anyone interested? If not, then it's okay.

Reminds me of that Skype thingy we once had with Tenryuga and JC lol. Fun times, though it turned out we were basically the only ones using it. I'm up for something like that on Discord, in case you guys go for making one there.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Seeing this kinda made realize how Kasumi's extended combo wall game will function. I think her 236P will be used after a bound more or so when she's near a wall(bonus damage if its a close hit) and that wall splat will lead her to be able to finish with something like 33P into H+K or something more damaging!

Also her 9K as we know doesn't really have a good launch height but I saw a tweet from TN where Zack did 4PKK or something like that and after the move got Bass on CH he was able to connect a Break Blow. So I think after a CH 9K or PP6P6K or 6P6K when the final strike hits on CH you'll get a free break blow or break blow cancel opportunity which is way better than just 4PKK or 6P+KK xD

Dr PaC

Seeing this kinda made realize how Kasumi's extended combo wall game will function. I think her 236P will be used after a bound more or so when she's near a wall(bonus damage if its a close hit) and that wall splat will lead her to be able to finish with something like 33P into H+K or something more damaging!

Also her 9K as we know doesn't really have a good launch height but I saw a tweet from TN where Zack did 4PKK or something like that and after the move got Bass on CH he was able to connect a Break Blow. So I think after a CH 9K or PP6P6K or 6P6K when the final strike hits on CH you'll get a free break blow or break blow cancel opportunity which is way better than just 4PKK or 6P+KK xD
I've been meaning to ask. On extended combos with Kasumi, is it worth canceling your BB since afterwards the damage is slightly scaled? She doesnt do a whole bunch in the first place, so wouldnt it be better to do a bound combo and end it with the BB? Just curious

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I've been meaning to ask. On extended combos with Kasumi, is it worth canceling your BB since afterwards the damage is slightly scaled? She doesnt do a whole bunch in the first place, so wouldnt it be better to do a bound combo and end it with the BB? Just curious
I personally think that if you want guaranteed damage you go for a normal BB but if you want more damage you would go for the cancel since when you're BB cancelled, you can't do anything unless you have meter to break hold out of it.

Idk if the damage potential is vastly bigger than a stun into a bound into a BB set up, but it might be since raw break blows already do great damage, plus based on that Twitter video combo damage is scaled but I don't think it'll apply to environmental things like walls since the wallsplats seem unaffected. I think in big stages with danger zones like lost paradise and walled stages in general, break blow cancels will be the most effective.

Dr PaC

I personally think that if you want guaranteed damage you go for a normal BB but if you want more damage you would go for the cancel since when you're BB cancelled, you can't do anything unless you have meter to break hold out of it.

Idk if the damage potential is vastly bigger than a stun into a bound into a BB set up, but it might be since raw break blows already do great damage, plus based on that Twitter video combo damage is scaled but I don't think it'll apply to environmental things like walls since the wallsplats seem unaffected. I think in big stages with danger zones like lost paradise and walled stages in general, break blow cancels will be the most effective.
I was thinking that too, like in a general sense for all the characters, that BB cancels in open areas would be more effective, but I just worried about Kas since she doesn't do explosive damage like Phase unless she has you against the wall, so it would seems BB cancels with her wouldnt be much either. Tho the trade off speed over damage is fine, but I just was curious as to what you thought since you main her. This is why I play Tina, lol. Im a simple guy

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Just got some more Kasumi info from Master in that DOA6 stream:

-6PK no longer has that stun that would lead to some guaranteed set ups, that was apparently removed. Since 6P+K has that same buckle stun that the mid kick from 6PK has, that likely won't work either.

-66P however according to Master will cause that limbo type backturned stun(Hayate's 7P has this stun on BT opponents) so that seems like a buff. All of Kasumi's launchers should be guaranteed since Hayate's 7P recovery frames has 29i while Kasumi's only has 25i from 66P. This should also mean that 66PK and 66PP should be guaranteed from this too

If you Hayate and Kasumi in training mode as a tag team and use Hayate's 7P and tag Kasumi in, you can still use set ups from the limbo type stun to continue a stun set up. Like you could do 66P>1PP>4P, 66P>2K>66P, etc. We should be able to do alot in that situation.

I think they probably switched it since testing out how Kasumi would be with a stun like this, she should have quite a few guarantees xD Like virtually anything from the KK, 4P, 6P, 44P, 3P, 66K and H+K strings should be guaranteed with the new 66P on BTed opponents unless they adjusted he recovery frames

UprisingJC

-6PK no longer has that stun that would lead to some guaranteed set ups, that was apparently removed. Since 6P+K has that same buckle stun that the mid kick from 6PK has, that likely won't work either.

-66P however according to Master will cause that limbo type backturned stun(Hayate's 7P has this stun on BT opponents) so that seems like a buff. All of Kasumi's launchers should be guaranteed since Hayate's 7P recovery frames has 29i while Kasumi's only has 25i from 66P. This should also mean that 66PK and 66PP should be guaranteed from this too

If you Hayate and Kasumi in training mode as a tag team and use Hayate's 7P and tag Kasumi in, you can still use set ups from the limbo type stun to continue a stun set up. Like you could do 66P>1PP>4P, 66P>2K>66P, etc. We should be able to do alot in that situation.

I think they probably switched it since testing out how Kasumi would be with a stun like this, she should have quite a few guarantees xD Like virtually anything from the KK, 4P, 6P, 44P, 3P, 66K and H+K strings should be guaranteed with the new 66P on BTed opponents unless they adjusted he recovery frames

Guaranteed setup from 6PK?
I guess you meant 6PK on a backturned opponent in doa5.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Guaranteed setup from 6PK?
I guess you meant 6PK on a backturned opponent in doa5.
Yeah, apparently tho Master said that the stun that the kick from 6PK does on BTed opponents isn't in so it looks like 66P will the new go to since it does that limbo type stun xD

@Goten21 her new DOA6 render one is something you could use :-D

Keylay

Yeah, apparently tho Master said that the stun that the kick from 6PK does on BTed opponents isn't in so it looks like 66P will the new go to since it does that limbo type stun xD

@Goten21 her new DOA6 render one is something you could use :-D

Here's an example of that stun. Btw, seems the first hit of fatal rush causes a backturn on counter hit as well.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here's an example of that stun. Btw, seems the first hit of fatal rush causes a backturn on counter hit as well.

Thanks for the clip! And Yeah Fatal rushes cause that reel backturned stun so that'll make it good against side steps and maybe characters like Marie Rose who have special step type moves like minuet

J.D.E.

Standard Donor

I figured that her 6PK would be changed. Alright, again, you don't HAVE to join, but I figured since people are making character discords, she should get her own. Here's the link if you want to join: @XxSakuraLuvaxX @tokiopewpew

https://discord.gg/y5YRCXM

Sorry that I haven't been around. Been busy & I was nursing an injured left thumb & part of my wrist. I'm healed now though.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I figured that her 6PK would be changed. Alright, again, you don't HAVE to join, but I figured since people are making character discords, she should get her own. Here's the link if you want to join: @XxSakuraLuvaxX @tokiopewpew

https://discord.gg/y5YRCXM

Sorry that I haven't been around. Been busy & I was nursing an injured left thumb & part of my wrist. I'm healed now though.
It's fine, I hope you're healed at least! And idk if I'll be very active but I'll be sure to join! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD