"I will fight on!" The Kasumi Gameplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I "can" confirm that her combos will be dramatically different. We might not even be using that one in the video that we posted. The last times I've gotten word from someone, they all said that strings like PKK7K, KK7K, etc will be replaced because they drop. IDK how true it is that they drop but I can imagine that they might not lead to her best possible damage output for conversions. I'm hyped to see how her bnbs turnout, but I also am interested to see how flashy that they will be.
? What do you mean? I didn't say anything pertaining to combos, I'm just saying that the K follow up doesn't bound but the P one does so that follow up will be for if you want to go for more bound damage and the K is for if you want a knockdown in case you feel your opponent will mid punch hold xD and the 7K drops?? I didn't know that tbh >.>

And I'm interested as well, I want to see how much max damage she can get from 66KP in open space and I want to see how good her 6P+KP refloat will be for walls and such since it doesn't wall splat.... Well atm at least since I'm sure they're still making changes we don't know about.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So this seems to be the full animation from a Sit Down Stun in DOA6, I figured I would share it here since Kasumi has Hayabusa's :4::H+K::

COnYkx7.jpg

It looks like if they don't break hold out of it they'll just fall to the ground completely which is cool. It also seems to last a long time so maybe Kasumi's options will be bigger than I thought since Ryu was able to do quite a bit before he did his P+K. This SDS seems to be ALOT more dangerous to wind up in than the old DOA5 ones

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
? What do you mean? I didn't say anything pertaining to combos, I'm just saying that the K follow up doesn't bound but the P one does so that follow up will be for if you want to go for more bound damage and the K is for if you want a knockdown in case you feel your opponent will mid punch hold xD and the 7K drops?? I didn't know that tbh >.>

And I'm interested as well, I want to see how much max damage she can get from 66KP in open space and I want to see how good her 6P+KP refloat will be for walls and such since it doesn't wall splat.... Well atm at least since I'm sure they're still making changes we don't know about.
I speaking in general towards the last time I posted a list from Abablii. Not really towards your comment or anyone else's. I' m just saying that I'm not expecting PKK7K or KK7K to work like they would in DOA5.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Saw this on Twitter, so apparently :6::6::K::P: has follow ups now, you can go into Hoshinpo now! I don't think Kasumi could do this in the last build so it's nice she'll have a quick transition, especially since the NH bound doesn't seem very high, I think they nerfed that too >.> All in all tho she's looking more and more dangerous and I'm here for it, this should definitely scare people into fearing her punch follow up and throwing out a break blow so you can make them waste their meter

XxSakuraLuvaxX

COnYkx7.jpg

It looks like if they don't break hold out of it they'll just fall to the ground completely which is cool. It also seems to last a long time so maybe Kasumi's options will be bigger than I thought since Ryu was able to do quite a bit before he did his P+K. This SDS seems to be ALOT more dangerous to wind up in than the old DOA5 ones
i'll cry if 4H+K > 9P > new BT H+K connects. no specific reason.. it would just look really cool :oops:

Saw this on Twitter, so apparently :6::6::K::P: has follow ups now, you can go into Hoshinpo now! I don't think Kasumi could do this in the last build so it's nice she'll have a quick transition, especially since the NH bound doesn't seem very high, I think they nerfed that too >.> All in all tho she's looking more and more dangerous and I'm here for it, this should definitely scare people into fearing her punch follow up and throwing out a break blow so you can make them waste their meter
if the launch height is like 4KK's or at least like 9K's at max threshold then that would be pretty nice! but normal hit-wise 66KP is definitely not giving much damage as before. maybe something else has the bound property now?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
i'll cry if 4H+K > 9P > new BT H+K connects. no specific reason.. it would just look really cool :oops:

if the launch height is like 4KK's or at least like 9K's at max threshold then that would be pretty nice! but normal hit-wise 66KP is definitely not giving much damage as before. maybe something else has the bound property now?
I'm sorry I couldn't answer you earlier, I was at work but I think they just nerfed what it could do on NH tbh, I think that if you manage to somehow make the P bound hit by itself(if your opponent blocks the first hit and tries to counter attack or throw punish) it'll give a higher bound but tbh I really don't know how they're gonna do it xD

And the SDS looks like that could happen but idk tbh, Ryu is able to already 9P after 4H+K hits but Kasumi's 9P is slower and isn't a string option from 4H+K so idk if she'll be able to it in time. I'm kinda hoping 4KP works like how you can use it when she does a ceiling throw and she can use the 4KP to do that amazing launch xD

Also on another note, the wall game in DOA6 seems to be changing since the new wallsplat is one similar to DOA4. I'm hoping that launchers will be guaranteed for a time frame and if the player wishes to pursue additional damage through continued stun set up pressure, that'll be guaranteed too unless the opponent has meter.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Welp it doesn't seem like :6::P+K::K: refloats anymore, when I tried to do it near a wall during a juggle it didn't wallsplat but it just flips them out of the air unto the ground :-/

Radiance

love her new string variation 66pk, also, p+k,p or p6pp gives a doa4 wallsplat. 66KK is no longer a sds, CH 6PK gives a new stun animation, 6pk on BT opponents no longer gives her the guaranteed stun animation, and as you guys know by know 4F+k is a fatal stun. Will upload vids

Last edited:

XxSakuraLuvaxX

got two matches in with panicitstylor and i really enjoyed my first hour of playing newsumi!
the stage is just a bit too small to try combos with KK7K > new stuff so that was unfortunate

anyway.. changes and things!

• 236P (her old 6P+K) doesn't stun anymore, just knocksback
  • 6P6K doesn't launch on backturned opponents anymore
  • for 66T-T, i defaulted to a 7K combo but i'm not sure if i13 moves work (6P+KK? 3P>?)
  • 6PK gives a new kind of stun on CH, but it doesn't have that backturn CB-like stun anymore
  • 1K, PP2K etc didn't seem to give a long enough stun to follow up anymore, same with 6P2K, 3P2K etc
  • is P+KP the only wall stun?
  • i used 64H accidentally and proceeded to try to not use it because i would rather have the damage from 4H lol
  • 66KP also felt not very useful
  • however 66PK felt very nice for long range shenanigans
  • might be an online thing but i was constantly getting interrupted after NH 2P
  • oh and 4H+K 9P BT H+K doesn't work : (

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
got two matches in with panicitstylor and i really enjoyed my first hour of playing newsumi!
the stage is just a bit too small to try combos with KK7K > new stuff so that was unfortunate

anyway.. changes and things!

• 236P (her old 6P+K) doesn't stun anymore, just knocksback
  • 6P6K doesn't launch on backturned opponents anymore
  • for 66T-T, i defaulted to a 7K combo but i'm not sure if i13 moves work (6P+KK? 3P>?)
  • 6PK gives a new kind of stun on CH, but it doesn't have that backturn CB-like stun anymore
  • 1K, PP2K etc didn't seem to give a long enough stun to follow up anymore, same with 6P2K, 3P2K etc
  • is P+KP the only wall stun?
  • i used 64H accidentally and proceeded to try to not use it because i would rather have the damage from 4H lol
  • 66KP also felt not very useful
  • however 66PK felt very nice for long range shenanigans
  • might be an online thing but i was constantly getting interrupted after NH 2P
  • oh and 4H+K 9P BT H+K doesn't work : (
Yeah I noticed the stuns on those are shorter as well, I wish there was a training mode so we could actually test everything but the fights go so quickly you can't really get as creative as you want in that instant xD and that 2P thing kept me getting interrupted too but probably because Kasumi is -1 after that iirc. I also like 6P+K, it's noce quick lift stun but the launcher doesn't really feel useful unless you're near a wall. The low kick follow up also seems a bit slow as well too

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Played the Beta & did some testing. Haven't learned any of the new combos yet because I've been getting a lot of mashy or laggy players, but I've clipped some from Master's stream that I'm going to look at for ideas but here's what I did find.

PPPPP isn't punished. It's been tried by everyone. Either this is safe now 100% or -7
4H+K now a fatal stun, can be used as a follow up after the stand S, still guarantees 3P I believe
6P+KK is really good in neutral. It has quite a bit of pushback if blocked
6PK does a turn around animation of some sort now. I'm not sure what really happens nor the advantage but it's very interesting to see on hit.
H+K still turns around in stun, but 9K no longer launches as a follow up which means something new must be found.
236P from DOA5 is now 214P as a launcher.
66PP follow ups need to be explored more imo because of newer utility. In DOA5 her GBS were trash because they were unreliable. This is something I'd like to keep testing.
66PK is actually really fucking good!!! Like they have to respect each follow up from 66P now which goes back to what I said about her GB of 66PP needing more exploring. Now she has a safe follow up after BOTH of her whiff punishers. Just now 66K has a P follow up which is also good since it leads to a bounce.

Here's some clips I got from Manny.

Edit: @XxSakuraLuvaxX replace the 6P6K with 4PK. It's still a launcher & was guaranteed in DOA5. She actually reminds me a little more of DOA3. lol

Last edited:

Keylay

I'm liking Kasumi's new backturned :h::+::K:.

After getting an opponent in a critical stun, I've been doing :4::H+K:, :3::3::K:, :3::3::P:, BT:H+K::6:,:K::K:

And after jumping over your opponent with :9::P:, BT:H+K: seems to be really fast. So I'm testing using that out into more folllow ups.

:9::P::P: Also seems pretty cool. It beats low wakeup kicks and it guard breaks and is safe on block.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I recorded a few matches of me trying new stuff. My goal wasn't to win matches. I just wanted to try new things to get some ideas. Hopefully, I was able to show some stuff to you guys. Also GGS @panicitstylor. Actually picked up from some of your stuff too.

Edit: I'll upload some more tomorrow. I've been dealing a bad cold & it made me stop playing :(. I might stream it too.

Also @XxSakuraLuvaxX 66KP is actually useful. You can get a small follow up after it to extend combos, but what all we get I'm not sure. Definitely useful though. Since folks will be looking after 66KK, & 66K-K, her 66KP will get a lot of mileage & add more layers to her mixup game. They'll have to respect the 66K in general because not ONLY she can use it to whiff punish & extend stun with it, but now she has multiple follow ups that isn't just a mid kick anymore like it was in LR. It's actually one of the biggest buffs that she's gotten besides 66PK so far that I've found.

In general, you can't just throw out attacks anymore like you could in 5, but she's actually one of the characters in the game that actually can now. The neutral is sort of like DOA2U & DOA3, with her gameplay kind of favoring a little bit of DOA3.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Sorry double post but no one else posted. I talked to Shade Swifteye this morning. We exchanged some notes. Here’s what he found

4H+K guarantees a launcher unless they’ve got meter which makes sense because I actually went back on last night even though I had this cold hindering me & was able to get 3H+K, 4P, & stuff like that even with a special stun.

9KK & strings with this ender pseudo force techs.

He did say he found some cool stuns but didn’t really say what they were.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Sorry double post but no one else posted. I talked to Shade Swifteye this morning. We exchanged some notes. Here’s what he found

4H+K guarantees a launcher unless they’ve got meter which makes sense because I actually went back on last night even though I had this cold hindering me & was able to get 3H+K, 4P, & stuff like that even with a special stun.

9KK & strings with this ender pseudo force techs.

He did say he found some cool stuns but didn’t really say what they were.
I kinda figured that tbh, I think 33K will be the best launcher tho when near a wall xD Also idk why but I really feel like her 214P has way better reach than in DOA5 since its let me hit from from distances I wouldn't expect it to. I think they nerfed 2P somewhat since when I use it I find myself getting punished more or so than in LR, I think they may have added one or more negative frames. Also I wonder if 4H+K is still safe since I haven't been punished or anything from it

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I kinda figured that tbh, I think 33K will be the best launcher tho when near a wall xD Also idk why but I really feel like her 214P has way better reach than in DOA5 since its let me hit from from distances I wouldn't expect it to. I think they nerfed 2P somewhat since when I use it I find myself getting punished more or so than in LR, I think they may have added one or more negative frames. Also I wonder if 4H+K is still safe since I haven't been punished or anything from it
It’s still safe. So is Hayabusas.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

hello i made a short combo video ! : )
but back to discoveries..
  • her range 3/4 game is such a bigger threat now that we have (3P+K) 9PP since people can't just duck under 9PK, 9PT and 3P+KP. don't whiff it though cause she recovers for a ridiculously long time. i don't think it's plus on block but definitely somewhere close to 0. you might get a free 2P if they don't tech
  • alongside getting free 2Ps, the teleport K recovers really fast as well for a chance at a 2P. need more testing to find where it could be used in a juggle since you sacrifice a lot of damage using it
  • 236P close hit is pretty easy to do after a bound. how does close hit scaling work? would it outdamage 4PKK after a bound on a short combo?
  • 4KK doesn't launch high enough for 66KP which is unfortunate cause style points, same with 6P+KK. i might be wrong though because launch height tied to the stun game isn't very clear
Also @XxSakuraLuvaxX 66KP is actually useful. You can get a small follow up after it to extend combos, but what all we get I'm not sure. Definitely useful though. I believe the follow up is safe on block too.
safe on block sounds excellent.. having options like that and 66K.K that are both safe is really nice i'll definitely consider using it more

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
hello i made a short combo video ! : )
but back to discoveries..
  • her range 3/4 game is such a bigger threat now that we have (3P+K) 9PP since people can't just duck under 9PK, 9PT and 3P+KP. don't whiff it though cause she recovers for a ridiculously long time. i don't think it's plus on block but definitely somewhere close to 0. you might get a free 2P if they don't tech
  • alongside getting free 2Ps, the teleport K recovers really fast as well for a chance at a 2P. need more testing to find where it could be used in a juggle since you sacrifice a lot of damage using it
  • 236P close hit is pretty easy to do after a bound. how does close hit scaling work? would it outdamage 4PKK after a bound on a short combo?
  • 4KK doesn't launch high enough for 66KP which is unfortunate cause style points, same with 6P+KK. i might be wrong though because launch height tied to the stun game isn't very clear

safe on block sounds excellent.. having options like that and 66K.K that are both safe is really nice i'll definitely consider using it more
Nice combo video! And I agree on her range, it's gonna be a bit technical but she'll have good ways to get in. I loved 3P+K in this beta since it's great for when you're spacing out the opponent and if they're trying to move in reckless you can CH them with the P follow up to bring them down<3

And I'm gonna wait for the full game or even hopefully another beta with training mode to experiment with frames and tech and combos since when I'm in the heat of a match, I can't really get creative like I want to and experiment since I'm worried about dropping stuff xD in the beta I found myself doing more general and guaranteed combos I knew would hit but in the final game im gonna search for max damage most definitely

Hopefully they won't change too much about her in the final game, I feel way more comfortable with this new Kasumi than her LR one tbh, it's gonna be fun to grind ranked and lobby matches with her :-D

Also I have a question, can all of her 9P follow ups be sidestepped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD