If a guest character appearance I would like to have....

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
She'd certainly look better in DOA for sure.
How would they even handle her iWS1. How could they take such a mechanically complex character and bring her into DOA? What a development challenge to climb... It would give them ideas for how to refine the rest of the cast and system going forwards.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
How would they even handle her iWS1. How could they take such a mechanically complex character and bring her into DOA? What a development challenge to climb... It would give them ideas for how to refine the rest of the cast and system going forwards.

They could do conversions similar to the VF characters and move edits such as Akira's 214P+K since it's an entirely different move in VF.

For Nina's case (just a thought but we can't be sure), they could convert this to a While Rising move without having to actually go to crouch or tricking the game from crouch situations. Similar to Leon or Ein's WRK for an air throw or combo sequence.

Since Tekken is mostly strike punishment, they'll have to make conversions to moves with new properties of stun placements such as sitdown stuns etc. as well as throw focus situations during an unsafe move.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Nina would be naaaaaaasty in DOA holy crap I didnt even think about that... Top Tier overnight get the $#%@ back Christie. I would love to see Nina in DOA lmao

Nina wouldn't be any nastier in DOA than Sarah was. Due to the differences in DOA's & Tekken's mechanics there would obviously be changes and modifications made. She probably wouldn't be "Top-Tier-ish" in the way Christie is because Nina would still conform to DOA's mechanics if brought into DOA6. DB gave you the example in how Nina's iWS1 could operate: i.e. it would be like doing Ein's iWR~K in some combos (and there are combos where he has to execute WR~K instantly). Keep in mind that Nina will not play like a "Tekken" character, she will play like a DOA character sourced from Tekken. The VF characters fit into DOA better thanks to the huge amount of shared commands with the P/K/G control scheme and relatively similar mechanics. Hell Nina might even become crazier to play in DOA thanks to having a guard button that also serves as a free cancel button.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Nina wouldn't be any nastier in DOA than Sarah was. Due to the differences in DOA's & Tekken's mechanics there would obviously be changes and modifications made. She probably wouldn't be "Top-Tier-ish" in the way Christie is because Nina would still conform to DOA's mechanics if brought into DOA6. DB gave you the example in how Nina's iWS1 could operate: i.e. it would be like doing Ein's iWR~K in some combos (and there are combos where he has to execute WR~K instantly). Keep in mind that Nina will not play like a "Tekken" character, she will play like a DOA character sourced from Tekken. The VF characters fit into DOA better thanks the huge amount of shared commands with the P/K/G control scheme and relatively similar mechanics. Hell Nina might even become crazier to play in DOA thanks to having a guard button that also serves as a free cancel button.

I think that Tekken characters may be harder to convert overall since a huge chunk of the movelists consist of limb commands (1/2/3/4 ~ d+2 etc.), so some commands may get converted to single layouts for P+K/H+K/ etc. As well as coming up with holds from altered throws. Some attacks may not even be present for the guest appearance since it may just be hard to implement with DOA's system or whatever the case may be etc.

If she doesn't play like a Tekken character then that's good since it probably wouldn't work for DOA either way lol so a conversion has to be likely. The VF characters were converted entirely, for DOA even their combo outputs and setups so I'm sure TN could figure something out from there in a similar case with the VFs. VFs got their move ported and changed it entirely on all hit levels to DOA so you couldn't even tell if it's from another game or not with newcomers trying the game out I believe.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
By @Darkslay - Bahn and Kiryu lol, this is pretty sick.
35142963_1808984355826506_4109341931908104192_n.jpg

Last edited:

DyByHands

I would take Tifa. But only because of Dead Fantasy. I know nothing about FF outside of Dead Fantasy (which I loved) and the Advent Children movie (whch I didn’t like).

JJdude

I would take Tifa. But only because of Dead Fantasy. I know nothing about FF outside of Dead Fantasy (which I loved) and the Advent Children movie (whch I didn’t like).
You should definitely try out FF7 as your starting point! That or 6,9, and even 10.Not so sure about 12. If turn based isn't your thing then FF15.

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

When it comes Tekken guests, I would want to see Nina just so Zack can mistake her for Tina like he did with Sarah.

Besides Tekken, seeing the close relations between DOA and Senran Kagura, I also would like to see either Ayame or Daidoji.

JJdude

When it comes Tekken guests, I would want to see Nina just so Zack can mistake her for Tina like he did with Sarah.

Besides Tekken, seeing the close relations between DOA and Senran Kagura, I also would like to see either Ayame or Daidoji.
I agree totally.

Jackie Chan Fan

I also want Tifa to be a guest. She's a DOA-type of female character, and she being a melee fighter.

Some ideas:
Chun Li or Laura. Laura is more curved or at least shows more skin, but Chun Li is a lot more well-known. I hope her thighs won't be too big though. And no need for her Kikkoken.

Bayonetta. She can punch (have the guns removed) and kick. She has some nice kick combos. But Nintendo currently owns her, and since there's no DOA6 on Switch, never gonna happen.

Kassandra from Assassin's Creed Odyssey. She's a Spartan so can fight for sure. She has her Spartan kick. She also looks good. Could be up to DOA standards of beauty.

Nina. Or Anna. DOA6 Nina could like Sarah for DOA5. Strong blonde (Nina). Palm-kick combos plus grab. Could do combos like Christie. Both characters are also known to be strong fighters.

Hibana from Sega's Kunoichi/Nightshade. She's a ninja. That's all I know. Or perhaps Hotsuma from Shinobi.

Some wild ideas:
Jackie Chan. He's a well-known martials arts actor who uses the environment to fight groups of enemies. Not sure how it would work in DOA.

The female Shepard from Mass Effect 3. I don't know anything about her and the series. If DOA4 has Nicole/Spartan-458, a shooter without a gun, maybe DOA6 can have the same.

Sanji from One Piece. He can only kick. His punch buttons will only do very small damage, like chip damage. And he won't kick the DOA ladies. Very useless fighter.:D

Leifasumi

Either Lili, Asuka or Ling if we are talking about Tekken, though I would personally prefer Jun Kazama or Michelle Chang even though they have 0 chance.

TOBMAST3R

JUN KAZAMA from Tekken. She was one of the first Tekken girls ever, who was able to "counter"/hold moves. This was back in 1996! When I first played DOA2, I felt like she was fitting to that "fighting system" so much, that I could imagine having her in as a guest character. But - as we all know, the bond between Harada and Itagaki was not that thick. :/

Tekken2Box.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD