Who would win during DOA3?

• Total voters
DOAD_HitomiLeiFang_Crash.jpg

I dunno if this is just me but if this were to turn out to be an actual fight in this scene. Who would win?

Would you agree that Lei Fang would fight Hitomi because she got in the way in front of her and Jann Lee in their first encounter?

Plus Ein would fight Jann Lee during that time so chances are, they could interfere or not due to DOAD's story mode.

I could see this happening in a DOA3 remake. This is where Hitomi and Leifang's friendship/rivalry would start. Leifang would pretty much view Hitomi as an enemy from the start and they would not be friends this easily until in the later games.

Stage:
Freedom Survivor

Characters:
Hitomi
Leifang

Story:
DOA3

Last edited:

lei fang arm broken that time? how they're going to fight

I am just saying if it were to turn into an actual fight. Plus Team Ninja didn't go into their relationship more in the DOA3 timeline which they just remade. They somehow had to fight for a reason or else the whole friendship/cabbage thing didn't make sense at all.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
the DOA story is garbage, that is all. Itagaki wanted them to fight over a cabbage and that's just about all there is to it lmaooooo

Sotherius

Hmmm, A thread about power levels in a fighting game? Count me in!

If we're going by story progression and not gameplay, here we go.

I'm leaning towards Hitomi winning a fight here. The whole trope with Leifang is that she is trying to fight on par with Jann Lee, or win against him, which she is not able to do.

Now Hitomi, as Hayate stated during DOA:D, Hitomi's karate is on par with the mugen tenshin martial arts. And this is an impressive feat overall, it is stated on the DOA manual, that the mugen tenshin ninjas are trained to reach superhuman levels. Now, i know that the whole package of a ninja includes weapon-fighting, ninpo, and all sorts of different skills other than martial arts, but the superhuman abilities are still there even when they limit themselves to Martial arts only (which is what happens on DOA tournaments i'm going to guess), so, for Hitomi to be able to staind against a mugen tenshin ninja, she is reaching superhuman levels of strenght and resistance i would say, if she hasn't reached yet, and i think the same could be said about Jann Lee. And i think Leifang while a master at her fighting style, is still a regular human.

And now at this point you're wondering: "jeez, this Sotherius is really overthinking this, the DOA series doesn't even have good writing". And yeah, i know, but i still enjoy pondering and thinking about that silly stuff.

Hmmm, A thread about power levels in a fighting game? Count me in!

If we're going by story progression and not gameplay, here we go.

I'm leaning towards Hitomi winning a fight here. The whole trope with Leifang is that she is trying to fight on par with Jann Lee, or win against him, which she is not able to do.

Now Hitomi, as Hayate stated during DOA:D, Hitomi's karate is on par with the mugen tenshin martial arts. And this is an impressive feat overall, it is stated on the DOA manual, that the mugen tenshin ninjas are trained to reach superhuman levels. Now, i know that the whole package of a ninja includes weapon-fighting, ninpo, and all sorts of different skills other than martial arts, but the superhuman abilities are still there even when they limit themselves to Martial arts only (which is what happens on DOA tournaments i'm going to guess), so, for Hitomi to be able to staind against a mugen tenshin ninja, she is reaching superhuman levels of strenght and resistance i would say, if she hasn't reached yet, and i think the same could be said about Jann Lee. And i think Leifang while a master at her fighting style, is still a regular human.

And now at this point you're wondering: "jeez, this Sotherius is really overthinking this, the DOA series doesn't even have good writing". And yeah, i know, but i still enjoy pondering and thinking about that silly stuff.

But how did Hitomi lose to Leifang in DOA5 in a friendly spar match? Plot Armor perhaps? I mean Leifang was able to defeat Jann Lee so she should have a chance of beating Hitomi.

Leifang's fighting style is the opposite of Hitomi and that she has a chance of countering her moves as well as experience from DOA1 while Hitomi started from DOA3.

Sotherius

But how did Hitomi lose to Leifang in DOA5 in a friendly spar match? Plot Armor perhaps? I mean Leifang was able to defeat Jann Lee so she should have a chance of beating Hitomi.

Leifang didn't beat Hitomi, they just sparred, and at that point you're playing as leifang, but as seem in the scene after, they're both fine, so i would say they didn't fight for real (same when you play as hitomi and fight hayate). And leifang never beat jann either, it is her sole purpose in life, and she hasn't achieved that yet.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD