IGN gives Ninja Gaiden 3 a 3.0/10.... Ironic, but fitting.

d3v

People still read IGN for reviews? I mean, this is the same site that gave GodHand a 3.0 score and then, years later, added the game to it's best of the PS2 list while admitting that they had no idea what they were talking about.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
People still read IGN for reviews? I mean, this is the same site that gave GodHand a 3.0 score and then, years later, added the game to it's best of the PS2 list while admitting that they had no idea what they were talking about.

See? So Ninja Gaiden 3 is AWESOME.

MrMoon360

See? So Ninja Gaiden 3 is AWESOME.

IGN is not the only reviewer to give a score below "awesome". This game is being ridiculed anywhere you turn.
Some are even wishing Itagaki never left.

So, I say its still garbage, but its only a matter of opinion.
Sort of.

For those saying this game wasn't supposed to be like its predecessors, how could this game not be at least compared to previous installments with that huge "3" at the end of the series' title?

MrMoon360

Still plays like NG to me and its still better than NG2.

Its really not. Even general reviews say that is so.

Ninja Gaiden II Metacritic score = 81 out of 100

Ninja Gaiden 3 Metacritic score = 60 out of 100

Mind you, metacritic simply averages the scores given from multiple (if not all) reviews.
So, basically, even the casual player has been disappointed by this game.

Raansu

People who actually pay attention to reviews are idiots. They have no merit to them and they never will.

MrMoon360

People who actually pay attention to reviews are idiots. They have no merit to them and they never will.

Have no merit? How so when they present a point for their criticism?
It is you whom has no merit for saying that.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I immensely disliked NG2 (for xbox) and found the game to be glitchy, projectile ridden overkill. It had its good points though.

I'd rather rage against bullshit deaths and a fucked up camera than deal with the pure laziness that is NG3. The game offers nothing.

Inferno187

I actually found it reasonably enjoyable, when you take its predecessors out of the equation. Pretty much all of the negative points mentioned here are about things removed, or done worse in comparison to the previous games.
So someone who is not familiar with Ninja Gaiden can definitely have a good time with this imo.
As a part of the Ninja Gaiden series its a bitchslap in the fans face though.

R4712-VR88

Just finished NG3. Great game. Had some really repeditive moments. But other then that it was amazing. Great story.

BlackKnight

It's alright. I'm playing in Hard Mode. At least they retain reasonably designed enemies for starters. Yes the previous games are better so I'm playing them right after this.

NG3 is still much better than DMC2.

Tones

Premium Donor
Seems like the game should be fun but I haven't really felt it's groove yet. I miss the old man shop and having an inventory.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
It's alright. I'm playing in Hard Mode. At least they retain reasonably designed enemies for starters. Yes the previous games are better so I'm playing them right after this.

NG3 is still much better than DMC2.
Thank you.

It CAN be worse.

Raansu

Hey, DMC 2 wasn't that bad. It's story was garbage and they killed Dante's character but the fighting was still enjoyable.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD