IGN gives Ninja Gaiden 3 a 3.0/10.... Ironic, but fitting.

Gill Hustle

Decided to open my copy and MY thoughts are:

Ninja Gaiden to Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma are Action/Adventure games

Ninja Gaiden 3 IS an Action/Arcade game.

With that being said I understand why long tim fans feel betrayed.

Game is shorter and less engrossing cuz a lot of stuff that was expected had been removed (Murmasa, Exploration, Weapon Variety, etc) In place of a more "streamlined" weekend game.

Personally I like NG3, I never finished the previous titles mainly cuz I'd get to a point where I had just left Murmasa, spent ALL my cash on stuff I didn't need, and get stuck at some annoying boss.

To the "True Master Ninja's" congrats for having the patience to complete those games. Which brings me to another point.

Since you were able to get that high rating, maybe you guys are just on another level and found the difficulty . . . Not Ninja Gaiden?

The QTE's bothered me, but after the first level I shut them off and died maybe 3 times cuz I didn't know what to do.

1 weapon? My guess this was because of how instrumental the Dragon Sword was to the story. Another thing is while I LOVED multiple weapons, I HATED going to the pause menu to select them. They addressed this in NG2, but it still had the LOADING which annoyed (while it's understandable) me for slowing the pace up. NG2 Sigma added better controls (Camera and Bow) but sacrificed enemy difficulty/numbers so much I got bored clearing levels in an hour that took me days on Xbox.

I think NG3 is a good game, not better tan NG Black, but better than NG2 Sigma.

Granted Team Ninja could learn a lesson from feedback, but this isn't as horrid as some people make it out to be. Especially if you don't just compare it to the NG franchise, but other games in the same genre.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You sure aren't.

Anyway, the damage has been done to the series.

Be interesting to see how Hayashi develops after this.
He should try to redeem himself with a Ninja gaiden 3 sigma and keep himself busy....so that Shimbori can focus on Doa5 and get it right.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Biggest problem I have aside from the shitty intrusive story is that the game is dynasty warriors with ninjas. I can't condone any "action game" that just mindlessly sends wave after wave of the same enemy at you with no realistic idea of when you're going to be done with that area, and it does the same exact thing with every single "room".

Ninja Gaiden games did not do this in the past outside of a very few situations where you were SUPPOSED to feel like you were getting swarmed.

If I see 8 enemies on screen, I want to play the game as though I'm dealing with 8 highly dangerous enemies, not 8 retarded enemies with 72 hiding in the bushes who all take entirely too long to kill for how fucking worthless they are in combat.

Gill Hustle

If I see 8 enemies on screen, I want to play the game as though I'm dealing with 8 highly dangerous enemies, not 8 retarded enemies with 72 hiding in the bushes who all take entirely too long to kill for how fucking worthless they are in combat.

^This,

plus the generic banter of the soldiers.

Still like the game though. bye.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Decided to open my copy and MY thoughts are:

Ninja Gaiden to Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma are Action/Adventure games

Ninja Gaiden 3 IS an Action/Arcade game.

With that being said I understand why long tim fans feel betrayed.

Game is shorter and less engrossing cuz a lot of stuff that was expected had been removed (Murmasa, Exploration, Weapon Variety, etc) In place of a more "streamlined" weekend game.

Personally I like NG3, I never finished the previous titles mainly cuz I'd get to a point where I had just left Murmasa, spent ALL my cash on stuff I didn't need, and get stuck at some annoying boss.

To the "True Master Ninja's" congrats for having the patience to complete those games. Which brings me to another point.

Since you were able to get that high rating, maybe you guys are just on another level and found the difficulty . . . Not Ninja Gaiden?

The QTE's bothered me, but after the first level I shut them off and died maybe 3 times cuz I didn't know what to do.

1 weapon? My guess this was because of how instrumental the Dragon Sword was to the story. Another thing is while I LOVED multiple weapons, I HATED going to the pause menu to select them. They addressed this in NG2, but it still had the LOADING which annoyed (while it's understandable) me for slowing the pace up. NG2 Sigma added better controls (Camera and Bow) but sacrificed enemy difficulty/numbers so much I got bored clearing levels in an hour that took me days on Xbox.

I think NG3 is a good game, not better tan NG Black, but better than NG2 Sigma.

Granted Team Ninja could learn a lesson from feedback, but this isn't as horrid as some people make it out to be. Especially if you don't just compare it to the NG franchise, but other games in the same genre.
I like this guy.

He's actually open-minded.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Being accepting of a piece of shit does not make anyone open minded Awesmic, it makes them complacent.

After all, he already said he couldn't beat the other titles. Complacency to not overcome a challenging game leads to complacency to play through an inferior one.

Gill Hustle

`I thought you people were my friends . . . such is the harsh world of the internets . . . :(

Yeah but anwayz, like I said NG3 is fun. The mind set I see with the hate towards it is the same as SF4 and the "new school" fighters.

I like the old stuff better, which may explain my fondness of Street Fighter X Tekken over SF4, but you see I don't HATE SF4 it for a while it's what everybody played and I dealt with it. It's not a bad game, just not my favorite SF.

This is pretty much what I see here but I speak for myself on this.

Gill Hustle

After all, he already said he couldn't beat the other titles. Complacency to not overcome a challenging game leads to complacency to play through an inferior one.

Noticed that part.

Let me be clear, I didn't finish the other games. Not couldn't beat them

Anybody whose on my friends list (a good amount post here) can look at my achievements and see which games I put more time into. (*hint* fighters)

Adventure titles in general require that I set aside time to actually enjoy them. I can spend 20 minutes in training mode and go online for 40 min on any given fighter. And let's face it NG2 had many moments where you'd hurl a controller, the airship Armadillo boss BS comes to mind.

Rikuto I don't think you meant anything by that :rolleyes: I but needed to make that known.

And btw I still need to finish NG3 . . .

x Sypher x

I fucking hated that Armadillo boss. I can't count how many times I tried beating it until I realized how dumb I looked trying to kill it with the bow and finally switched to the Scythe lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD