IGN's 12 Days of DOA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

I really hope to see an interest in clan battles again. But there will be other stuff, I'm sure. God I hope this game has a decent netcode...

I'm sure they're getting help with AM2 in that regard. VF5 online is so buttery smooth. DOA4 and DOAU were solid enough, but DOA5 is going to need a better netcode than that.

PhoenixVFIRE

The only reason that the DOA community survived for as long as it did during the DOA 4 era was frankly BECAUSE it was so casual based... and casuals are not set in their ways. They are willing to try new and cool shit, and this is what keeps people entertained during the long haul.

We don't follow standard FGC protocol and never have. Thats a problem in some cases when you're trying to get people to travel, but its great in others because we can dump a lot of the dumb stigmas and just have fun with the game.

I mean comn, clan matches. We used to have those all the time. What other FGC even does that? Its like alien to a lot of them. Even in a bad game like DOA 4 those were fun. I still remember doing that great big clan tournament where we had everyone face off.

I really hope to see an interest in clan battles again. But there will be other stuff, I'm sure. God I hope this game has a decent netcode...
I completely agree, I had a lot of fun with clan matches and just playing with friends online and such, tons of fun. Also, if Ninja Gaiden 3 says anything, we might have an actual clan thing. Can't you actually make those in NG3 online? Sorta like making clans in shooters? I liked the way DOAU2 did it, we had our own Gamertags and could change them etc...

Kronin

Sorry I'm really ignorant in the argument, what you mean for: "standard FGC protocol"?

UnD34D

I mean comn, clan matches. We used to have those all the time. What other FGC even does that? Its like alien to a lot of them. Even in a bad game like DOA 4 those were fun. I still remember doing that great big clan tournament where we had everyone face off.

I was joking about aiuR, but I really do want to do a clan again, even if I'm not the leader this time.

N0rdicNinja

Sorry I'm really ignorant in the argument, what you mean for: "standard FGC protocol"?

He's simply referring to the fact that most FGC get really really hype about a game and then when it comes out they start harping on the negative aspects of the game, where as a lot of the high standing members of this community will harp on the game until release then the hype begins to build.

In essence, the negativity is setting the bar low and once the game releases it's likely to exceed expectations. That's the problem with being blindly hype about something, it rarely is as good as you think it is.

Kronin

I understood (and I agree with never to be blindy hype, inevitably we will become unsatisfied of something), thanks for the explanation ;)

DontForkWitMe

the_movement_logo.png

They will rise once again :eek:

DrDogg

Mortal Kombat has clan battles.

Also, the OP has been updated...

Doug Nguyen

Nice article. This is making DOA seem like a much better game. Hayashi is actually listening to us a lot.

DR2K

Unholdable stuns are always good. Cb being harder to get, but easy for just Bayman sounds a bit too much.

Hurricane Rev

That was a good opening article for the 12 days of DOA5! The sort of things that have been added to the game so far is really cool and I really like the fact that it is harder to land a Critical Burst now.

Asbel Lhant

Looks as though DOA5 is getting better and better with each tweak and update. It also seems like TN isn't listening to Manny either, which is a big sigh of relief, now it looks as though DOA 5 will certainly have a competitive scene. So Dr.Dogg have DOA 5 reached the minimum requirements yet for the competitive scene?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So Dr.Dogg have DOA 5 reached the minimum requirements yet for the competitive scene?

Won't really know until the game comes out really. The key, and I really do mean to stress this, the key to having a successful scene (not just offline) is to make sure players come offline to support their game and their other players.

Seriously, it is the one metric that is used to judge a game's life. If players keep the game in the spotlight, show that they are willing to support their game regardless of what others think, and help teach new players the skillset required to play the game, the game will succeed. If the game succeeds then Koei-Tecmo can put more money behind the game, the series, and the fan community. It's literally up to everyone to show their support as they can. The chances of us getting into this first year of Evo are incredibly slim due to the community's past, the game's past, and the fact we only have 3 months maximum to show that people will pay to fly out to Vegas and rep their game and community. That's not a lot of time to show that things have changed.

Seriously, regardless of the final mechanics, if you enjoy playing Dead or Alive 5 and want to see a Dead or Alive 6, show up to offline events, form a local community, and prove by numbers that this game means something.

[/soapbox]

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Unholdable stuns are always good. Cb being harder to get, but easy for just Bayman sounds a bit too much.

Bayman isn't very fast, isn't very safe, and doesn't have much in the way of range either. Gota give the man something.

DR2K

Bayman isn't very fast, isn't very safe, and doesn't have much in the way of range either. Gota give the man something.

He's pretty evasive, a great gappler, and hits like a truck though over all. He does have things going for him.

I'd only accept this if Helena could also go into CB as easily. It's the only solution.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
He's pretty evasive, a great gappler, and hits like a truck though over all. He does have things going for him.

I'd only accept this if Helena could also go into CB as easily. It's the only solution.

No agenda there, sir ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD