IGN's 12 Days of DOA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDogg

Leading up to the next I'm a Fighter event, the IGN Pro League will be celebrating with the 12 Days of DOA5 on doa.ign.com. Starting Thursday, August 2nd and concluding Friday, August 17th (excluding weekends), we’ll have new information on the game system, characters and even a few match videos to show off what’s new in the game.

12 Days of DOA5 Schedule

Thurs, 8/2 - Gameplay Changes and Additions
Fri, 8/3 - Rig Breakdown
Mon, 8/6 - Leifang Breakdown
Tues, 8/7 - La Mariposa Breakdown
Wed, 8/8 - Training Mode
Thurs, 8/9 - Christie Breakdown
Fri, 8/10 - Bass Armstrong Breakdown
Mon, 8/13 - Kokoro Breakdown
Tues, 8/14 - Jann Lee Breakdown
Wed, 8/15 - Match Videos
Thurs, 8/16 - Match Videos
Fri, 8/17 - Match Videos

I'll update this post with links to the articles/videos as they go live. As soon as the articles/videos are up, I can answer questions about them. Until then, I can answer some things, but obviously not all questions.

Here's the announcement post along with info on the tournament: http://www.ign.com/ipl/all/news/im-a-fighter-world-championship-round-2/

Match vids are finally up. Here's the first set:
La Mariposa vs Ayane #1
La Mariposa vs Ayane #2
Leifang vs. Bass #1
Jann Lee vs. Hayate #1
Jann Lee vs. Hayate #2
Rig vs. Eliot #1
Bass vs. Rig #1
Bass vs. Eliot #1

DrDogg

Wow awesome, didnt expect this. Cant wait for Christies video. Too bad none for Kasumi.

The only videos are the match videos. The rest are articles. I'll try to update with a list of characters in the match videos, but that's still pending. If I had to guess, you'll see Rig, Ayane, Jann Lee, La Mariposa, Hayate, and maybe Christie...

Are Rikuto and Mystik commentating the tournament again?

Yes. Mystik is currently deep in the mountains training her DOA5 knowledge. Rikuto went to Russia to find Bayman's beret.

DR2K

Any chance you'll be revealing new characters or going over them as they're revealed, most likely via famitsu, but doesn't hurt to ask.

DrDogg

Any chance you'll be revealing new characters or going over them as they're revealed, most likely via famitsu, but doesn't hurt to ask.

I won't be revealing any new characters, but IF any are revealed during the 12 Days of DOA5, there's a chance I might make mention of them, or that we'll see match videos or something.

The schedule is the minimum amount of content you'll see. Depending on how things go, there could be more content added to some days. Then of course you'll have the event on 8/18 with the new build.

daman077c

man Cali always gets the good stuff! WHAT ABOUT THE EAST SIDE!!!!:mad:

The majority of DOA majors are on the east coast or in the midwest. This is the first "big" tournament next to EVO, and I sadly don't see DOA 5 being added to EVO next year. There's a chance, obviously, but for whatever reason, I don't see it happening, unless the tournaments prior to EVO have good enough turnouts to warrant the game being added.

What tournaments are before EVO?

DrDogg

What tournaments are before EVO?

It's not a matter of "before Evo" really. Evo usually announces its games in January, so the decision is probably made in December. DOA5 would basically need good turnouts or at least good tournament momentum between late September and mid to late December.

That would include IPL5, MLG Dallas (?) and NEC as the big ones off the top of my head during that time period. IPL and MLG aren't confirmed to have DOA5, but I'm pretty sure NEC is. I guess Season's Beatings as well, but I don't know if that's before or after DOA5 releases.

daman077c

It's not a matter of "before Evo" really. Evo usually announces its games in January, so the decision is probably made in December. DOA5 would basically need good turnouts or at least good tournament momentum between late September and mid to late December.

That would include IPL5, MLG Dallas (?) and NEC as the big ones off the top of my head during that time period. IPL and MLG aren't confirmed to have DOA5, but I'm pretty sure NEC is. I guess Season's Beatings as well, but I don't know if that's before or after DOA5 releases.

Jeebus, that's crazy. I'd assume most of those are on the east coast (or in the midwest), which prices me out of those. I'm seriously lucky IGN decided to partner with Hot Import Nights to do tournaments at their shows, otherwise I wouldn't be able to go to any until next year. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD