DOA5LR "I'll Try My Best!"Naotora Ii Gameplay Discussion

Nikotsumi

I was messing around with Nao's KKK6KK and 6KK, since I can't buy Mai right now xD
On mid/lightweights her most damaging CB (or critical level3 8K) juggle against a wall is now 8K > KKK6KK.
Before, it was 8K > 6PK > 6K4KK for mids and 8K > 6K4K > 6K4KK for lights.
The problem is that the last K of KKK6KK seems to still whiff every now and then. Maybe it's stance dependant.

Also, I really wanted to find a use for the 6KK force tech. But again, I couldn't find anything reliable. The most "interesting" things I found are :
-4H+K > 6KKKK. You must delay the last K in order to hit the opponent on the ground. (cannot use wake up kicks). If the opponent techs and you don't continue the string, Naotora will be at disadvantage, depending on how much you delayed the last K, I got values between -3 ~ -11f.

-KK6K* as a wall combo ender > 6KK. Here the opponent can still use wake up kicks. If he techs (to the right/left side), 6KKK will be unholdable.
*You can use 6K4KK as well, but it has to be in a "wallsplat" combo. Example : H+K > W! > 6K4KK > 6KK.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think KKK6K~K is stance dependent imo, it just seems to be a bit more strict to achieve in general, especially if you use H+K as the launcher because it launches higher than 8K but has a bit more recovery. It is easier to do now tho, but it still requires a bit of timing to achieve unfortunately XD. I guess that was intentional because of the combo's capabilities and reward.

Nikotsumi

Ok... this has been bugging me since Naotora was released, please don't tell me I'm the only one xD
Why the heck her 4H doesn't hit walls/danger zones? It just doesn't make sense AT ALL and it's weird. It's just like how Phase-4's used to be :(

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The fact that it doesn't even toss opponents over ledges annoys me even more ~_~ None of her holds seem to be environment friendly aside from some over those fuel stage floor grates and that's not exactly a feat...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not sure who would let you get away with 3 high kicks in a row anyway.
Oh when i was testing this I did at a distance so the first two kicks intentionally didn't hit, then when the third kick hit and the AI held the 4K they sidestepped...can they throw punish immediately afterwards? I set it to punish standing throw on REACTION but Kasumi just stood there while I was left at -25. XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Woah 0.0 I'm sorry if I'm annoying you Spine, I don't mean to XD I just mean it's kind of like say Kasumi's PPK, the opponent can't hold the kick but she can still retaliate depending on what the opponent chooses to do, same with Naotora, plus it can't be held which is what I initially thought, so I was scared to actually use it. XD

I hadn't played her in a minute either, I've been focusing on learning Eliot for the past couple of days.

The Spine

Okay, so here's a PL thing I did on Home accidentally, but it seems like it could be optimized in some way:

PL > Li Stance > P > 6K4KK

102 damage by itself and it's guaranteed. So, better than a power blow and it can still hit the danger zones.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Okay, so here's a PL thing I did on Home accidentally, but it seems like it could be optimized in some way:

PL > Li Stance > P > 6K4KK

102 damage by itself and it's guaranteed. So, better than a power blow and it can still hit the danger zones.
I'm gonna be like you and ask a question tho: Who'd let you get away with that mid kick PL fully charged knowing about roughly 50% of her moveset is mid kicks?? XD It'd be good in a CB though and I think you could go even a bit further, maybe KK6KK?

Yeah, KK6KK works, it does 109. Even better: PL>H+K>KKK6K~K which does 116. PL>Ii family creed P>6H+KK also works for 104.

Last edited:

The Spine

I'm gonna be like you and ask a question tho: Who'd let you get away with that mid kick PL fully charged knowing about roughly 50% of her moveset is mid kicks?? XD It'd be good in a CB though and I think you could go even a bit further, maybe KK6KK?

Yeah, KK6KK works, it does 109. Even better: PL>H+K>KKK6K~K which does 116. PL>Ii family creed P>6H+KK also works for 104.
I either CB or PL when they think I'm going to CB. So, they'll be getting kicked while trying to hold a mid-punch. It wasn't raw in the match.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I either CB or PL when they think I'm going to CB. So, they'll be getting kicked while trying to hold a mid-punch. It wasn't raw in the match.
Have you experimented in the temple stage? Here's something I found you can do with a CB and PL

6K>2K>6P>2K>6P>P+K(CB!)>PL>3P>6P>P>8K>KKKKKKKKK. The damage is above 176 but I can't seem to get the full accurate damage since the opponent gets kicked our the window

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wanna say I found another guarantee. If you do the linear high kick bulk of Naotora's KKKKKKKK string from about across the stage for only the first low kick to hit, the mid kick after that will be guaranteed on counter hit, which shouldn't be hard to get since your opponent will likely attempt to do something when they see the kicks coming out nonstop, a great way for an easy 66T bait

The Spine

Yeah, it's guaranteed, but it's not difficult to hit Naotora out of the 5K string if she's whiffing everything. Doing it full screen is begging for a counter/hi-counter hit.

The Spine

Does it have to be the second hit animation of the 6K string? Going all the way from full screen with 6K seems unintuitive to me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD