"I'm coming!" Ein's general discussion thread

TRI Mike

The karate version of Kasumi's onii-chan is finally coming back to DOA5U. Many of us missed him deeply and are very happy to have him back. Let's use this thread to discuss what we want to see in him like old moves returning, new ones, strings that should cause CB, Power Blow animations and such.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I like Ein, but I hate how Hitomi looks like a complete version of him with more moves and more options, so I will want him to have more unique moves or maybe cut some of Hitomi moves and make Ein unique, like the 4P series and 6KKK. Hitomi is very powerful so there´s no reason to make her more overpowered xD
Talking about costumes, if Hitomi already got a karate costume, do you guys think Ein will get his own as well?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Her newer incarnations are definitely not like a "complete" Ein. Ein has remained extremely similar to his original debut in 2 while Hitomi has been the one getting changed with time. Ein is far more punch focused and has a far more reliable stun game than Hitomi while somehow maintaining his awesome speed and power that not too many other characters can rival. Hitomi is not quite as punch focused as she gets a lot of utility out of her kicks while Ein primarily gets knockback and launches out of kicks.

Powerblow will probably be something like a few karate chops to the chest and throat followed by his :4::6::P:.
CB would more than likely be his :6::P+K: even though I would like that to be reverted back to DOA2 knockback status instead.

Costumes: Default 2 outfit (already in but it looks lovely), red pants/chains, karate outfit, and disco outfit are all I need to be happy.

KwonJigglypuff

Ein is more direct and I like that. It's a good character for my brother.
Plus his costumes are legendary (the red trousers, the karaté gi, the leather jacket).
He is not my first choice as a veteran (Leon is), but his presence is appreciated.

I can see his 7P be his CB. Of course, the opponent's reaction wouldn't be the same as before, where he would fly in the opposite direction. His 6P+K is a good option too. The animation would work.

I'm sure there is a way to implant Ein in Hayate's spot for the future installments. You know, to justify his presence and to make sure he will stay forever. A bit like Sheik/Zelda spot in SSBB's character menu. Both share the same space and you can either choose Hayate or Ein during the selection. This would just be an aesthetic justification.
This way, people would stop whining about the fact they are the same character. And Hayate would be a 2-in-1 character (in theory) but they would have two seperate movesets and tiers. I find it more interesting this way.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Eddie/Tiger? (Tekken)
No thanks. I prefer my karate man ninja-less and not within the same space.

Aven Kujo-Gin

But Ein and Hitomi are very similar, just take a look at their moveset, I think they have more similarities than Leon and Bayman xD(Discarding throws and holds)
Of course Ein is much more punch and stun focused, but he still need to be more different than Hitomi, or at least that what I want.

Number 13

Rejoice

Hitomi is not a superior EIN btw just because they both do Karate, they are fairly different in playstyle. Also imo EIN moves look way more brutal (See that fierce punch straight to the face at around 0:18?) while looking more stylish (His counter where he is flipping/rolling over Hitomi and kicks her off the edge at around 0:32). Still him getting some more exclusive goodies wouldn't hurt either. We only seen a small amount of EIN gameplay here so who knows.

Also he said "Good Vibration" in the end right? Sounded like it.

synce

^ Yeah he said good vibration, DOA5's translators just took a fuck ton of liberties with the original Japanese script.

I'm pretty disappointed they didn't show off anything new, going by the short trailer he plays exactly like a DOA4 character which probably means low tier.

DontForkWitMe

i dunno, even the returning vanilla DOA5 characters showed off new strings/attacks and yet ein showed off nothing new other than his PB, hopefully hes not just a straight up copy and paste job from 4/dimensions which were copy and paste jobs from 3 which was a copy and past job of 2....

either way look foward to using him since hes a potential secondary to my leon now that eliot got the boot

Nightpup

Ein's gameplay never relied around the stun system anyway. One stun into 33K generally landed me a 3P ~ PP6PK juggle on anyone that isn't over mid weight in DOA4 and DOAD, and that was the best juggle I could really find for him. Not to mention with his 46P, qcfP, 7P, P+KP, etc, he just sends people flying with ANYTHING. He was a very environmental character the way I played him. I think he'll do just fine in DOA5U, especially with the new stages.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
That :3::K::K: at 0:27. Are those strike heights different? I seem to remember them being Low then High and not Mid Mid.

Tones

Premium Donor
His power blow animation says 1 thing about him "I don't need to hit more than a few times to win".

I sense a lot of 4k and 3kk coming our way =).

That :3::K::K: at 0:27. Are those strike heights different? I seem to remember them being Low then High and not Mid Mid.
Mid then high mid. Nothing new.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD