"Im giving this all I got!" - Honoka Combo Thread

KING JAIMY

Found a combo video on YouTube today which isn't shared here yet. All credit goes to the YouTube user kmpyj1.

The video has some interesting setups. Unfortunately quite a few of them are impractical since they use NH 8K as a combo starter, which will most likely never happen. Pretty sick Hissatsu Throw combos as well. My favourite one is the combo shown at 1:34 - 1:40.

P.S.: I've got to say they have a pretty good taste in music choice. :p

KING JAIMY

Honoka's Hissatsu K can be used in wall juggles now because of the removal of the wall knockback.

8P > Heichu P+K (W!) > Hissatsu K > 3PPP (W!)

Tested on middleweights.

Also the new property of PP4P gives her interesting BT setups. A good setup I've found is: 6P (CH) > PP4P > BT P > BT 4K > juggle (varies per weight class). Lots of mixup potential here.

It seems like 33P launches higher as well allowing for longer combos near a wall. Not sure about the re-launch of 33P, but it seems to re-launch a tad higher in juggles.

Codemaster92163

The most damaging PL combo I've found is 236H+K > BT K > 6K > PPPK

For easier timing, you can use 236H+K > BT P > BT K > PPP46P. If your timing is a bit off, use PPPK instead for just 2 points less.

Nikotsumi

Just played Ver 1.04, Honoka got some interesting changes :)

33P combos:
33P CH > 6H+K > DS K > 2P+K4(6P) (Lightweights)
33P HiC > 8K > BKO 4PK > 2P+K4(6P) (Lightweights)
33P CH & HiC > 6H+K > DS K > 2P+K4(6P) (Middleweights)
33P CH & HiC > 66P+K > HC P+K (Heavyweights)
33P CH & HiC> 8K > BKO K > DHO P+K> BT K > 236P (Featherweight)

HnK K wall combos :
8P > HC P+K (Wall) > HnK K > 33P > 2P+K4(6P) (Lightweights)
(Closed stance) 8P > HC P+K (Wall) > HnK K > PPP6P (Middleweights)
8P > HC P+K (Wall) > HnK K > 3PPP (Heavyweights)
8P > HC P+K (Wall) > HnK K > 33P > 3PPP (Featherweight)
BT PP (Wall) > HnK K > 3PPP (Middleweights)
Note : HnK K whiffs almost always after Wall BT PP, i was only able to do it middleweights (Ein,Jann Lee) and even on them it's pretty inconsistent.

The most damaging PL combo I've found is 236H+K > BT K > 6K > PPPK
Here you can replace PPPK with PPP6P for 2 points more.

KING JAIMY

Anyone found some new combos recently with Honoka? I've been dying to find new ones (or just new tech in general). Myself I haven't found anything simply because I haven't been playing that much.

Nikotsumi

Anyone found some new combos recently with Honoka? I've been dying to find new ones (or just new tech in general). Myself I haven't found anything simply because I haven't been playing that much.

Unfortunately, me neither, despite playing playing her in training mode lately. I've just found an unholdable setup :
If you end a combo with 1P, instead of 2P+K4(6P) and P+K+PP, and the opponent techs on the sides, 16f moves will be unholdable (8P, 8K, 3P, 33K, 66P+K), however, for range reasons, the only ones that will hit the opponent in open space are 8P and 66P+K.

KING JAIMY

Unfortunately, me neither, despite playing playing her in training mode lately. I've just found an unholdable setup :
If you end a combo with 1P, instead of 2P+K4(6P) and P+K+PP, and the opponent techs on the sides, 16f moves will be unholdable (8P, 8K, 3P, 33K, 66P+K), however, for range reasons, the only ones that will hit the opponent in open space are 8P and 66P+K.
The 8P unholdable seems interesting in open space, because it is a semi-safe unholdable. Although I prefer to go for damage and knockback rather than an unholdable. But thanks anyway!

KING JAIMY

The combo I found is too situational, sorry guys. Anyway, I have found an unholdable just a few minutes ago:

Setup: :6::P: > :P::P::6::P: > :8::P: HEI :K:
Unholdable: :4::6::P:

Setup is non-stagger escapable. The unholdable only works if they don't back tech, unless they are with their back to the wall.

Nikotsumi

Anyone know what is her best juggle after the super launcher throw¿
On middle/lightweights its : (slight dash) 3K > Dokuritsu-ho P+K > Back turned K > PPP6P (Damage 117, on HiC)

On Alpha : (slight dash) 3K > Dokuritsu-ho P+K > Back turned K > 6K > 2P+K4(6P) or (slight dash) 8K > Bokuho K > Dokuritsu-ho P+K > Back turned K > 2P+K4(6P). The second one is easier and does the same damage as the other one (120 damage)

On heavyweights the best juggle i found is 33P > 6H+K > Dragon Stance K > P+KPP (108 damage), but you can just complete the throw for 115 point of damage.

Nikotsumi

You can complete the throw by pressing 8T, but ....did you mean the throw during Hissatsu no Kamae, right?

Last edited:

TRI Mike

There's a continuation to the super-launcher¿ I'm still not used to the name of her stances other than Bokuho so I have no clue what Hissatsu no Kamae is. lol

EDIT: Anyway, I've been playing the girl for at least a year now failing miserably and only now I'm starting to find "some" logic and coherence to her moveset.

She's good but very tricky to use.

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

Yeah, she's indeed very tricky to use. I never bothered to learn stances' strange [?] names either before starting to use Honoka, 'cause i didn't really play a stance-based character.
Anyway, Hissatsu no Kamae is the stance in which she can do a low throw, a flying knee (K), the critical burst with the red aura/mist (P) and the throw that can be continued by pressing 8T after she launches the opponent,

TRI Mike

I'll check this out once I get home. I honestly didn't know there was a second part to that throw. Also, there's a LOW throw in that stance¿ This could fix some of her worst problems when she gets forced into entering it.

Nikotsumi

What is Honoka's max heavyweight combos?
She has tons of launchers, which ones are you looking for?

Edit :
Anyway, here's her max damage heavyweight combos for her most common launchers (max threshold).
9K > 6H+K > DSK > 2P+K4(6P) (best CB combo)
HnK K > 6H+K > DS K > 2P+K4(6P)
8K > BKO 4PK > 2P+K4(6P)
33K > 6K > PPP6P

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
She has tons of launchers, which ones are you looking for?

Edit :
Anyway, here's her max damage heavyweight combos for her most common launchers (max threshold).
9K > 6H+K > DSK > 2P+K4(6P) (best CB combo)
HnK K > 6H+K > DS K > 2P+K4(6P)
8K > BKO 4PK > 2P+K4(6P)
33K > 6K > PPP6P

Ah gotcha, will test tonight but it sounds like the one you provided does more damage too. What about for splatting them into a wall?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD