"I'm no pushover sweetie." - The DOA5 Sarah General Discussion Thread

Steady G

Awww I miss this thread. I need to get more involved in this thread again! :(

Holy crap. Does anyone still play Sarah? I'm looking to get a little more involved with her and I'm looking for awesome Sarah players to watch.
Annnnddddd ME! WATCH ME! ;)

Steady G

Where can I see some new stuff? Any Super Sarah pointers for new players?

Pressure pressure and more pressure. Without pressure you cant really do anything with her. Have you done & memorized her move list that will benefit you in a match? Have to be really unique with her in order to mix it up for your opponent! Ahhh there's so much! o.0

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Working on the move list now. I see that she's a pressure beast. EXACTLY how I love to play my fighting games!

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Thanks for the tips guys! I'm probably not ready for frame traps just yet, but I'll keep it in mind for the future. WOrking on that flamingo stance for sure.

Steady, I'm quite certain I'll have follow up questions immediately. Perhaps if anyone in the FGC plays online with headsets and mics we can do online fights with live coaching!

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Sorry for the double post. Could you explain a little about the strategy of putting together frame traps? I *think I understand that a frame trap is tricking a person into thinking they have a frame advantage so they counter attack when the are actually negative frames. But how is that actually implemented in gameplay? It seems like we're talking about the tiniest fractions of a second where I can't imagine having the reaction time to know that they are trying to attack and still get my attack out before them.

Edit: Nevermind, researched it and figured it out. Can't wait to implement it into my game!

splslick

Sorry for the double post. Could you explain a little about the strategy of putting together frame traps? I *think I understand that a frame trap is tricking a person into thinking they have a frame advantage so they counter attack when the are actually negative frames. But how is that actually implemented in gameplay? It seems like we're talking about the tiniest fractions of a second where I can't imagine having the reaction time to know that they are trying to attack and still get my attack out before them.

Edit: Nevermind, researched it and figured it out. Can't wait to implement it into my game!

I'm not sure of your level of play in this game but have you looked at Emperorcow's DOA5 tutorial? It's still a work in progress but it is a pretty in-depth tutorial that everyone should check out if they haven't already.

splslick

I'm pretty sure these videos are in the video thread for Sarah if not then here you go:
*Please keep in mind there are no notations for the two videos above.

This one is based off of 1.02 but I believe these still work. There is a google doc in the description for this one though so it should help give you an idea on how to combo with her. I also want to give a thanks to 866ain999. Their video really help me get a good understanding for Sarah :D :D :D

Dave

I play as her as well, but I'm not the best. You really do need to get your mix ups down with her. I'm noticing that the more I play her the more I get countered due to not mixing it up. She's not that hard to read if you don't utilize all of her tools. Use her punches and jabs to get an opening. She has a good set of mids and highs. Lows not so much, but :2::H+K: is good for getting a stun. She is faster in flamingo and there is ample ways to exit it if you need to. Steady is very right when he talks about pressure. I have started to lean back on my pressure, and I can see it. I'm doing it to better my defense. Also, this site shows examples of how to use frame trapping, as well as some beginner combos. I have some videos posted in the media section of my play as well.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dead-or-alive-5/Sarah

splslick

And of course I see this post as I'm watching your match against Da Killah! Good shit, Steady!

You can also watch SweetRevenge since he is the only Sarah player to do well at Majors off the top of my head...Although he plays another character, he has a good understanding of Sarah

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Thanks for the info fellas. I'm doing anything I can to step up my Sarah game so any help is very very appreciated.

KwonJigglypuff

I have so much trouble connecting her 66K+H with the rest of my combos.
And the whole P. 4K+H relauncher is still messy in my head..

Anyway, do you think will have a legacy somehow in DOA6 ?

Dave

I have so much trouble connecting her 66K+H with the rest of my combos.
And the whole P. 4K+H relauncher is still messy in my head..

Anyway, do you think will have a legacy somehow in DOA6 ?

I think you are talking about Killer Bee Assault. Your opponent has to be in midair. Anything less and it will not connect. Chances are you are trying to add one more punch or something onto your combo and it's not going to give you time to have :6::6::H+K: connect. If it doesn't, it becomes Queen Bee Needle, which is good for a small launcher on a counter hit. Here is an easy combo to get :6::6::H+K: to connect:

One guess combo: (means your opponent has one guess to hold before you get the combo in)

3P+K, 8K, 1KK, 3P, 66H+K (70 damage)

As for P. 4H+K... I don't understand that one. What are you trying to do?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD